Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

1-0 scraped wins against Everton and Crystal Palace and it will all be fine. Please. I gave up after yesterday (as I have done many a time before). However, looking at our fixtures, we are playing a bunch of teams who will not put 11 men behind the ball. They will attack us. We just play better when we have more space. Plus, we owe United one for their smash and grab earlier on in the season. 

Tend to agree. All the doom and gloom is getting tedious. Yes I am worried we could let it all slip but we havent actually lost yet. Average and ring rusty against a well organised Watford side and admittedly poor yesterday but we have some winnable games left. 

I hope all the doom mongers and naysayers have their knives and forks ready to eat all that humble pie when we find ourselves in the cup final and third place.

No doubt the same people will be spouting on here how brilliant we are and that we will be CL winners next year. Ok so its football and opinions are extreme but from the comments on here you would have thought that the whole world was facing some sort of major crisis that threatened to wipe out the entire human race........oh hang on.

23 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I’m confused. Whose erased it?

well yeah that’s a better response. I’ve been concerned since Southampton at home. That Burnley away game was crucial to right the wrongs and we bottled it and since then it’s got worse and worse.

Villa was must win and we did but I’m deeply concerned after last night.

Watford and Brighton are easier games wasted, Everton away will be very tough to win and more dropped points will be critical 

I actually think that the games against mid-table teams with not much to play for like Everton and Palace might be more favourable for us than Watford and Brighton, which were never going to be easy games with them scrapping for their PL safety.

1 hour ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

But majority of those points were pre Christmas. That is my question. Since Christmas what 15 or so? 15 from 55 = 40 first half of season. In my book that is going backwards.

We went forwards to then go backwards- there is proof that we are capable of putting a run of good form together and it is required more than ever now.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I actually think that the games against mid-table teams with not much to play for like Everton and Palace might be more favourable for us than Watford and Brighton, which were never going to be easy games with them scrapping for their PL safety.

I’d like to think so but I fear Palace and Everton have a bit more quality and can cause us problems.

Everton away is really tough, it would be incredible if we won there and I just can’t see it.

Palace at home seems an absolute must win. Maybe if we got 4 points out of those we’d be in an ok situation but anything less than that we are in major trouble.

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I’d like to think so but I fear Palace and Everton have a bit more quality and can cause us problems.

Everton away is really tough, it would be incredible if we won there and I just can’t see it.

Palace at home seems an absolute must win. Maybe if we got 4 points out of those we’d be in an ok situation but anything less than that we are in major trouble.

I don't think playing away is much of a factor with no fans, so I can see us winning at Everton. Might not be pretty, but I could see us winning there.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I don't think playing away is much of a factor with no fans, so I can see us winning at Everton. Might not be pretty, but I could see us winning there.

It’s maybe not as much of a factor but still can’t see us winning. They controlled the game and limited a much better team than us in Liverpool to scraps in their first game and then they kept another clean sheet today. 
With our current goal threat could you really see us winning there?

Edited by deanolegend1989

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It’s maybe not as much of a factor but still can see us winning. They controlled the g.ame and limited a much better team than us in Liverpool to scraps in their first game and then they kept another clean sheet today. 
With our current goal threat could you really see us winning there?

Yeah, I can see us winning. I can see us losing too mind. It's a genuine 50/50 game imho. A lot depends on Brendan's formation and team selection. Let's hope he gets it right.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yeah, I can see us winning. I can see us losing too mind. It's a genuine 50/50 game imho. A lot depends on Brendan's formation and team selection. Let's hope he gets it right.

I think it’s more 40/40/20 at best. I can see us drawing but we certainly are underdogs to win.

If BR sets us up better we stand a chance but we need to take risks and open the game up a bit more!

hes too keen on possession game but going nowhere possession.

Barcelona, Man City, pep style is overrated. You can’t just get each set of players and try and play like that.

We need to go for it, attack, make forward runs, make the games open.

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Do you think if Ronaldo and Messi were playing we’d of won?

Mendy is league 1 standard. When he leaves Leicester he will not get a club in the top division of any league and if he does he won’t have more than 50 appearances in his entire career.

Tielemans is are 1 hope to get the top 4. If Brendan plays him for 90 mins each game we should have enough to win 3. If he doesn’t we won’t, it’s as simple as that.

..the fact that he can't last 60 minutes is a problem!!!

I’m still at an absolute loss as to how we’ve gone from the Pre Christmas chasers of Liverpool to a team that look devoid of anything. There seems very little organisation. Pretty much no confidence. Absolutely no ability to open up a mediocre team sitting deep. Fack ALL. 

I mean yeah, teams lose form, but this is now approaching the ridiculous. Has Brendan literally shat in everyone’s cornflakes?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

I’m still at an absolute loss as to how we’ve gone from the Pre Christmas chasers of Liverpool to a team that look devoid of anything. There seems very little organisation. Pretty much no confidence. Absolutely no ability to open up a mediocre team sitting deep. Fack ALL. 

I mean yeah, teams lose form, but this is now approaching the ridiculous. Has Brendan literally shat in everyone’s cornflakes?

He’s bottling it. He got scared and played 2 DMs at home to the mighty Brighton.

Id like to hear him come out and explain his reasoning for that formation. Why he started 2 DMs? Why he put Maddison wide?

Id be genuinely interested to his reasoning.

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

He’s bottling it. He got scared and played 2 DMs at home to the mighty Brighton.

Id like to hear him come out and explain his reasoning for that formation. Why he started 2 DMs? Why he put Maddison wide?

Id be genuinely interested to his reasoning.

Because he wanted the full backs to play high up and provide width whilst madison and gray came inside - so he needed 2 cdm’s to cover the full backs ....at least thats what he thought .......

Just now, st albans fox said:

Because he wanted the full backs to play high up and provide width whilst madison and gray came inside - so he needed 2 cdm’s to cover the full backs ....at least thats what he thought .......

Thank you for giving insight into that. I still think it’s a terrible tactic to do that in a game like that but at least he had his reasons.

I think it’s plain to see now Maddison cannot play wide, he’s useless there in any formation or tactical set up.

YT and Barnes both looked A step above when they came on and we started to control a bit more.

Hopefully he reverts back vs Everton 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

That's correct. Mendy was often to be seen in the left back position to allow Chilwell to get forward.

44 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Thank you for giving insight into that. I still think it’s a terrible tactic to do that in a game like that but at least he had his reasons.

I think it’s plain to see now Maddison cannot play wide, he’s useless there in any formation or tactical set up.

YT and Barnes both looked A step above when they came on and we started to control a bit more.

Hopefully he reverts back vs Everton 

Its interesting Man United have not rested any players and play full strength when they can. 

I genuinely think we should do the same, at home to Brighton start your best 11. Get a lead and then can make subs. We are not in a position to rotate as we don't have strong enough bench. 

1 minute ago, Unique FC said:

Its interesting Man United have not rested any players and play full strength when they can. 

I genuinely think we should do the same, at home to Brighton start your best 11. Get a lead and then can make subs. We are not in a position to rotate as we don't have strong enough bench. 

I agree and that’s why I was so angry he was trying something new . It was just the wrong game to try it. I’d prefer to go for the win and play our best 11 and then rest , play tight away at Everton when a draw wouldn’t be a disaster.

Now we probably have to win at Everton and I just can’t see it

• Like 1

We haven't got any game changers. There isn't one player to take someone on or to try something out of the ordinary. 

Our version of that is maddison.. which is him basically trying a pass that is never on. He's no KDB, or Rashford or Bruno Fernandez. Or Son. Or pulisic coming off the bench for Chelsea. He's so far behind the players we are competing against in the top 4. 

We need some experience. Someone in the middle to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Johnny has helped us be that at the back....but we lack that in the midfield.

Edited by Eskay
  • Like 1

It feels like the past 4 or 5 managers we have, we start off really really well then just slowly decline until they're sacked. It's happened with Claudio, Shakespeare, Puel and now Rodgers. Obviously there's the new manager bounce or whatever, but we've always started off well with a new manager before declining, rather than starting off poorly or ok, and then finding some form.

I agree with whoever said about the January transfer window too. We've been crying out for a class winger for about 2 years now.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

My two penneth.

For the last 7 games or so, aston villa notwithstanding, we've looked more like the Puel Leicester, than the Rodgers Leicester.

We are so  square and negative and narrow.

I have a feeling that when he got burned as Liverpool manager by blowing the title, he's gotten a bit more conservative with us.

I think he got us well into the top  3 and figured if we can keep things tight until  the end of the season, other teams will have a real job catching us.

Well guess what,  they are. Top four will be lucky if we keep going like this.

Justin is no Ricardo, but all i can  say is starting at home against Brighton with  two  defensive mids and barely any width was baffling.

Edited by Swiss_tony
  • Thanks 1

I want to approach this with some positivity. We are still In the stronger position. 6 clear with far better goal difference. They need to get 7 points more than us in 7 games which is no easy feat. It's very much in our hands.

We will improve. I've got no doubt about that. I trust Rogers and we will score and we will start getting into our rhythm.

From our remaining fixtures...

Everton -improving yes but they don't have a great deal to play for. We can definately beat them on their own patch and i doubt they will sit deep and defend.

Palace- At home I'd expect us to best these. Again they don't have a great deal to play for at this point.

Arsenal-I'm confident again. They will.come at us which should give us more freedom to play our game.

Bournemouth-This could be the real slog...They will scrap and fight for their lives. But we are the better team and know how to beat them. 

Sheffield United-tough team on their day but they haven't looked good since the restart. If we really attack them we should get the win.

Spuds-Im weirdly more confident about these games as I feel we will rise to the occasion. And we know we can outplay them unlike a City or Liverpool. 

United-Could be massive but I'm hoping we've settled it by then. 

If our form remains bad we should still be within a shout of C/L on the last day of the season at home. That is an encouraging thought. I'm sure most of us would've taken that at the start of the year.

Edited by srex9
Typo