Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm thinking maybe some players heads have been turned which may explain the lack of cutting edge since January.

We've got Cags, Chilwell, Madison, Ricardo, N'didi all on the rumour mill.

Madison still hasn't signed a new contract and there's probably a lot players thinking about big money transfers.

It's going to play on your mind knowing that you can be tripling your wages and okay for a genuinely big club.

I do wonder if we might have a split in the dressing room regarding the future. The likes of Vardy, Schmeichel, Evans, Morgan, Fuchs, I'd add Ndidi to that will all be here next season and will want Champions League football again. But those who've been linked with moves away, and to teams who could replace us, could it distract them?

It shouldn't be a reason- Wolves have players linked with moves away and they still seem focused, but it's time for all to decide what they want and if any aren't fully behind it, sort them out.

Man Utd last game of season and Chelsea play wolves,

gonna be a 4 way go for 3rd/4th they day,

we play a rejuvenated Everton next,

still have spurs away and Man Utd home,

and after this weekend wolves will be within 3 points of us,

really is squeaky bum time

Edited by Russell sprout

It doesn't look great but we just now need to look at wolves and try to match their results. We have a 6 point and 20 goal head start. Just have to hope that 5th will be enough for CL IMO. we can do it, our defence is still good and just need to sh*thouse a couple of 1-0s like the title winning year. 

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

I do wonder if we might have a split in the dressing room regarding the future. The likes of Vardy, Schmeichel, Evans, Morgan, Fuchs, I'd add Ndidi to that will all be here next season and will want Champions League football again. But those who've been linked with moves away, and to teams who could replace us, could it distract them?

It shouldn't be a reason- Wolves have players linked with moves away and they still seem focused, but it's time for all to decide what they want and if any aren't fully behind it, sort them out.

If we do have a split in the dressing room the same 4 or 5 players that got Ranieri, Shakey and Puel the sack will once again get Rodgers the sack. We can't keep changing managers every 12/ 18 months or even less because of them 

2 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

If we do have a split in the dressing room the same 4 or 5 players that got Ranieri, Shakey and Puel the sack will once again get Rodgers the sack. We can't keep changing managers every 12/ 18 months or even less because of them 

I don't think it is, the longer serving, older players will want Champions League football with us because they aren't moving.

But I do agree about the issues with managers after a while, a pattern is being followed again.

The turning point was ndidi being injured and then in turn Ricardo being out. 

if ndidi was playing against Chelsea at home for example, we don’t concede the 2 goals from corners.

we struggle for strength in depth compared to other teams up there and we desperately need a player that can beat a man.

1 hour ago, Foxes1 said:

Its total childish crap...we have a bad or average run of games, and the same Posters come out of their holes,and throw these pathetic Player Power Conspiracy theories around,and like derranged parrots,Insist these thoughts and issues are well known facts,by Mentoring their own Previous posts.....I

Not True City supporters,just Tail wagging Forest or Coventry supporters....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

If there is a split in the dressing room I don’t see it being with the so called ‘old guard’ against the manager. I would probably see it more as a group that have had their heads turned and not trying as much, or know their off in the summer anyway. 

I personally think we’re just not as good as what we think we are. 

Look at players like pulisic tonight. Pace. Composure. No coasting. No show boating or thinking more about cameras. Desire and need to play to a high level. Nobody in our midfield could score the goal he did today 

• Like 2

Keep reading how it was a mistake not to sign a winger in january. It is not necessarily that clear cut. How do we know we didn't try? Was there anyone actually available that we could afford? FFP rules are complex and we already have a top heavy wage bill as a percentage of our income. What would be the point of qualifying for CL only to get banned ?

Something is not clicking and I have no idea why but i think it unlikely that there is any sort of player revolt going on. Let's face it if the so called senior players were against the manager they would be out on their ears as nobody would be stupid enough to pander to those who only have a year or two left anyway.

Look the situation is we need 14 points with our goal difference to guarantee 4th place but likely we will need around 10 points. 3 wins, a draw and 3 losses and we should be there. If we can not lose to our rivals as well that's an absolute bonus because it restricts them. We are still in a commanding position albeit we should have been out of sight by now. 

I don’t think our poor form is quite so fundamental a problem as people are suggesting. Undoubtedly, the Liverpool Boxing Day defeat knocked our confidence and the loss of Ndidi and Vardy disrupted our rhythm and forced us to play a different way. When they returned, they weren’t fit enough, and the Aston Villa cup defeat followed so confidence really dipped.

Finally, the lockdown cut short any feel good factor from the defeat of Villa and the team looks rather lost. Rodgers is searching for something to trigger a renaissance, and got it tactically wrong against Brighton, but he’s experimenting in the hope that a spark will be created. Unfortunately, our next match is against a Chelsea team fresh from beating Man City, so much as I’d love it to be otherwise, I fear the revival won’t happen there. However, I’d be genuinely surprised if it didn’t happen at all.

Edited by Mr Weller

Teams go through rough patches, but we haven't actually been that bad in the last two games. Rodgers' job is about the performance, because ultimately he can't affect the result, but in the long run performances turn into results

We as football fans are fickle - if we'd seen out the game against Watford, nobody would be remotely bothered about the current situation. As it was, there was an unlucky bounce and a centre back has scored an overhead kick. That's football.

On the flip side, we've won plenty of perhaps undeserved points. We were rubbish at home to Everton, we were poor for an hour at Brighton, we weren't great at Sheffield United, there are plenty of other games in there where we probably didn't deserve all three points. As it happens, we rode the crest of a wave to take 8 wins in a row, and we've paid the price a little with this current run.

But I like to look at the law of averages. United haven't lost since January. There is no way they go 14 league games unbeaten, no way. Ditto for Wolves. Everyone is raving about Jimenez and Traore's form - they won't be in red hot form for the whole rest of the season. Likewise, there's no way we go 9 games winless, there's no way Vardy goes another run goalless, and so on. I know it's easy to think everything's against us in times of crap form, but it literally only takes a win on Wednesday and a couple of dodgy draws for Wolves and United, and we are back where we started, 8 points clear.

Rodgers has been here before, and been hurt before. I don't believe he'll let that happen again. The club have got senior players who know what these runs of form are like, and how to get out of them. They've got players that know what it takes to keep your nerve in the run-in. 

Ultimately, look at the table in isolation. With 7 games to go, would you rather be us, six points clear, or Manchester United six points behind?

Keep the faith ffs. There is enough in this team to see it through. Maintain the gap, match their results for five more games and we are all but there.

• Thanks 1

Can't help but think the cup game is a great opportunity. The pressure we have been under in the league will be lifted. Chelsea, on current form, will be favourites so we can afford to be more proactive in our approach. Pick a strong team and try and get our mojo back. If we win great but even if we lose no harm done. Champions League trumps FA Cup glory - It's the new reality, even though the sentimental part of me still yearns to dry the tears I shed as a young boy at Wembley when Man City paraded the cup in front of us!

Edited by SixtiesFox