Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

We need a second decent striker alongside Vardy.

I see this a lot but Vardy doesn’t work unless he’s the lone striker. It worked with Nugent as he played a very deep forward role.

It stopped working when we got promoted and Ulloa came in who he was forced to play alongside or out wide.

Next season we brought Okazaki in who took the role Nugent used to do with Vardy as the lone striker, worked wonders.

Following season Slimani comes in, doesn’t work, we end up with a target man playing a supporting role, Vardy goes on a 25 game streak where he only scored in one of them. Came good towards the end of the season after Ranieri was sacked and Okazaki was brought back in to support Vardy.

2017 we sign Iheanacho to from what I think play the role Okazaki and Nugent did but it doesn’t work, he’s not what we were looking for and Okazaki is no longer the player he was a few seasons earlier. Mahrez and Gray are often tried in the supporting role instead throughout this season.

The last few seasons Vardy has been up there on his own and he’s done well enough. I just don’t understand when managers and fans come up with we need a partner for Vardy, if you asked him and he answered honestly there’s no way he’d say that’s what he wants. It’s like the current problem with Chilwell and Barnes together, a second striker will be in his preferred space and have a negative effect on his game.

We need to start planning for a alternative that is actually going to play though, because when he’s not in the game like the last few, it’s time to try someone else up there, but not as a strike partner..

• Like 1

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

No but I’d like to hear your opinion on the game and reasons why you disagree rather than making sarcastic remarks.

But you're not listening. You're just repeating your (somewhat incoherent) assertions, and taking no notice of what anyone else says. 

By the way, slagging a player like Mendy off isn't 'your opinion on the game'. It's finger pointing, the sort of thing a supporter just wouldn't do. It also tends to suggests you think you know better than Rodgers, the coaching staff, and everyone who has managed him to this point in his career. Now I realise you're a legend, but isn't that a bit arrogant of you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

But you're not listening. You're just repeating your (somewhat incoherent) assertions, and taking no notice of what anyone else says. 

By the way, slagging a player like Mendy off isn't 'your opinion on the game'. It's finger pointing, the sort of thing a supporter just wouldn't do. It also tends to suggests you think you know better than Rodgers, the coaching staff, and everyone who has managed him to this point in his career. Now I realise you're a legend, but isn't that a bit arrogant of you?

Again your being sarcastic mentioning a username. Arrogant? Not at all. It’s an opinion that I believe BR is wrong about and it keeps proving me right when we mess up again,

Id of loved to been wrong and we beat Brighton yesterday but we didn’t.

You still haven’t given me your opinion on the game, instead of trying to have a go at daring to question are manager who has won 4 games in 15 after winning 8 in 8?

Again your being sarcastic mentioning a username. Arrogant? Not at all. It’s an opinion that I believe BR is wrong about and it keeps proving me right when we mess up again,

Id of loved to been wrong and we beat Brighton yesterday but we didn’t.

You still haven’t given me your opinion on the game, instead of trying to have a go at daring to question are manager who has won 4 games in 15 after winning 8 in 8?

Are you perfect? Do you ever make mistakes? You're very unforgiving on things not being what they were - maybe there are many factors involved that neither you nor I could know or understand. 

I cannot really give an opinion on the game Dean, I didn't see it. But this thread isn't the match thread, so I think I'm safe. And I repeat, impugning Mendy is just noise, and is nothing to do with supporting our team, however justified you believe your opinion to be.

As for the sarcasm....it's the name you chose, you shouldn't be surprised it gets commented on. 

42 minutes ago, Corky said:

After 31 games last season we had 41 points. We have 55 now.

Of course we've improved under him.

But majority of those points were pre Christmas. That is my question. Since Christmas what 15 or so? 15 from 55 = 40 first half of season. In my book that is going backwards.

Edited by LCFCSOULBOY

If you look at the likes or Liverpool and Man City, their players are constantly moving, constantly closing down and trying to win back possession. Even in possession they are constantly moving to create space. This is where we lack. I know those teams have far more skillful players than we do but workrate is something that you can and should have as a player. We used to be praised for our fitness levels but now we don't seen to have it. 

If we don't sort our shit out soon we'll be looking at a monumental capitulation; the great escape in reverse. We all know the result of the impact that had and should we finish 6th, which on current form is looking increasingly likely, the impact on our club going forward will be massive. Yes we'll miss out on a revenue bonanza but, more importantly, our transfer targets will have to change and we'll find it more difficult to hold on to our prized assets. The next 7 games are truly a watershed. If we do not make the promised land that was all but nailed on for most of the season, the future trajectory of our club will look very different. We're all behind the lads because we love our club but we're in a dogfight now and make no mistake, the stakes are very high. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mark said:

I see this a lot but Vardy doesn’t work unless he’s the lone striker. It worked with Nugent as he played a very deep forward role.

It stopped working when we got promoted and Ulloa came in who he was forced to play alongside or out wide.

Next season we brought Okazaki in who took the role Nugent used to do with Vardy as the lone striker, worked wonders.

Following season Slimani comes in, doesn’t work, we end up with a target man playing a supporting role, Vardy goes on a 25 game streak where he only scored in one of them. Came good towards the end of the season after Ranieri was sacked and Okazaki was brought back in to support Vardy.

2017 we sign Iheanacho to from what I think play the role Okazaki and Nugent did but it doesn’t work, he’s not what we were looking for and Okazaki is no longer the player he was a few seasons earlier. Mahrez and Gray are often tried in the supporting role instead throughout this season.

The last few seasons Vardy has been up there on his own and he’s done well enough. I just don’t understand when managers and fans come up with we need a partner for Vardy, if you asked him and he answered honestly there’s no way he’d say that’s what he wants. It’s like the current problem with Chilwell and Barnes together, a second striker will be in his preferred space and have a negative effect on his game.

We need to start planning for a alternative that is actually going to play though, because when he’s not in the game like the last few, it’s time to try someone else up there, but not as a strike partner..

It just seems to me he gets very isolated on his own up front. Feels like he needs support to bounce off. He desperately needs bringing back into the game.

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are you perfect? Do you ever make mistakes? You're very unforgiving on things not being what they were - maybe there are many factors involved that neither you nor I could know or understand. 

I cannot really give an opinion on the game Dean, I didn't see it. But this thread isn't the match thread, so I think I'm safe. And I repeat, impugning Mendy is just noise, and is nothing to do with supporting our team, however justified you believe your opinion to be.

As for the sarcasm....it's the name you chose, you shouldn't be surprised it gets commented on. 

If you didn’t even watch the game , why are you bothering to comment on my responses?

Maybe watch the game and see what you think big the performance.

5 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

If we don't sort our shit out soon we'll be looking at a monumental capitulation; the great escape in reverse. We all know the result of the impact that had and should we finish 6th, which on current form is looking increasingly likely, the impact on our club going forward will be massive. Yes we'll miss out on a revenue bonanza but, more importantly, our transfer targets will have to change and we'll find it more difficult to hold on to our prized assets. The next 7 games are truly a watershed. If we do not make the promised land that was all but nailed on for most of the season, the future trajectory of our club will look very different. We're all behind the lads because we love our club but we're in a dogfight now and make no mistake, the stakes are very high. 

Exactly spot on my thoughts! 

If you didn’t even watch the game , why are you bothering to comment on my responses?

Maybe watch the game and see what you think big the performance.

Dean, this is a thread called 'The Situation'. If you want to specifically discuss the BHA game, there is a thread for that.

I don't need permission to comment on what you said in this thread, but since you asked, it's because you display all the traits of someone who claims to want discussion, but then as soon as a point or comment is made that you can't/won't answer, you move the goalposts. That, plus I am amused by your tortured logic and syntax.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Do you think if Ronaldo and Messi were playing we’d of won?

Mendy is league 1 standard. When he leaves Leicester he will not get a club in the top division of any league and if he does he won’t have more than 50 appearances in his entire career.

Tielemans is are 1 hope to get the top 4. If Brendan plays him for 90 mins each game we should have enough to win 3. If he doesn’t we won’t, it’s as simple as that.

WOW.

The 2020 version of Kingfox.

• Haha 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Dean, this is a thread called 'The Situation'. If you want to specifically discuss the BHA game, there is a thread for that.

I don't need permission to comment on what you said in this thread, but since you asked, it's because you display all the traits of someone who claims to want discussion, but then as soon as a point or comment is made that you can't/won't answer, you move the goalposts. That, plus I am amused by your tortured logic and syntax.

Yeah ‘the situation’ . So what do you think of our situation in the CL race? Do you like our chances based on current form and performances?

Its nothing to do with not wanting to answer anything, you seemed more interested in my username than the situation of Leicester City FC.

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

It just seems to me he gets very isolated on his own up front. Feels like he needs support to bounce off. He desperately needs bringing back into the game.

He does get isolated but partnering him with another striker worsens his game further. We need other players teams are scared of, we’ve not got a Mahrez, or a Kante, or now Ricardo players who can drive forward and open up space. Barnes was doing it just before the break but one off game and he’s dropped and Maddison ends up out wide. So we're left with laboured passing and just hoping, no one is able to go the extra mile to make it happen.

I think the issue is that we were simply just in a good patch of form at the start of the season. If anything teams gave us more respect than they should have and set up negatively. But I think teams have wised up to us now, they realise that if they attack us we wont destroy them on the break. We arent as bad as people are making out, but we simply arent at that top 4 level yet. 

We simply need to get some scrappy wins and find a way to do it. We arent going to make it easy and the form of both united and Wolves is alarming. Watching them + Chelsea its just a matter of time until they score, then how many.  What I would give for a performance like that from us against everton. But unfortunately thats another team on the up and we really have our work cut out. The 2 of out winable games of the restart have come at a bad time and this is going to be a hard slog now. 

9 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah ‘the situation’ . So what do you think of our situation in the CL race? Do you like our chances based on current form and performances?

Its nothing to do with not wanting to answer anything, you seemed more interested in my username than the situation of Leicester City FC.

I apologise, my last reply was unnecessary. 

I'm concerned of course, but I'm also willing to factor in the strangeness of current times. 

I certainly think confidence has been badly dented. I remember going to Norwich at home and worried that things weren't right. 

I'm not sure there is a simple solution, but whoever gets picked, I support. 

You erased it?

No, our entire conversation was erased. Not by me. 

You asked a very reasonable set of questions, which I ended up trying to answer. 

Of course I'm anxious. I've been concerned since the home game with Norwich. I just think the current situation is complex, confidence got battered and there's no simple fix. 

Hopefully that's a better response to you. 

• Like 1

I’m confused. Whose erased it?

well yeah that’s a better response. I’ve been concerned since Southampton at home. That Burnley away game was crucial to right the wrongs and we bottled it and since then it’s got worse and worse.

Villa was must win and we did but I’m deeply concerned after last night.

Watford and Brighton are easier games wasted, Everton away will be very tough to win and more dropped points will be critical 

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I’m confused. Whose erased it?

well yeah that’s a better response. I’ve been concerned since Southampton at home. That Burnley away game was crucial to right the wrongs and we bottled it and since then it’s got worse and worse.

Villa was must win and we did but I’m deeply concerned after last night.

Watford and Brighton are easier games wasted, Everton away will be very tough to win and more dropped points will be critical 

The mods probably felt (correctly), that we were going round in circles. I apologise for my part in that. 

1-0 scraped wins against Everton and Crystal Palace and it will all be fine. Please. I gave up after yesterday (as I have done many a time before). However, looking at our fixtures, we are playing a bunch of teams who will not put 11 men behind the ball. They will attack us. We just play better when we have more space. Plus, we owe United one for their smash and grab earlier on in the season.