Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

Judging by your handle you obviously were still in nappies when we were watching true shit like Junior Lewis.t 

Mendy is an accomplished player, but not suited to playing as a second DM alongside Wilf  entitled drivel is exactly what we deride Arsenal TV for. Get a life. Yes we were dire today but if you cannot support the team then do one. we do not need "supporters" likie you. I will be the first to criticise a poor performance but comments like that are uncalled for 

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

When I see comments like this I stop reading and your point is lost. If any player we have now is the most limited player you have ever witnessed, you haven’t been watching us very long. Please let me know if you’d like a list of more limited footballers.

For shits and giggles please do

Empty seats certainly hasn’t helped any team from the games I have watched. Man City are a cut above the rest and have the top creative players to cope.

It clearly just hurt more if you’re a leicester fan.

I agree with @urban fox Mendy is a decent well rounded player but unsure why we needed him and Wilf against Brighton.

It is worrying but I’m sure many other fans of other clubs are in exactly the same situation.

• Like 1

To be fair ,  after the re start apart from man city no one has been ripping up trees. Even Liverpool looked ok! 

Watching now , spurs are average and supposed to be fighting for their lives west ham look like dog sh*t

I'm not saying its been great, that incredibly good run is getting a further away , we are lucky everyone else behind man city and liverpool has also been really inconsistent. Wolves and man United worry me but remarkably we are still in a good position.  For me we need to get behind the team and manager now 

Man Utd and Wolves have a big enough opportunity to create some extra drive and motivation given our struggles. Without the fans we need to somehow find something from within at home, this will be a real test of our mettle now which has been found wanting at crunch times this season so doesn't exactly bode well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Now I don’t usually start threads, but after watching that shambles I think I need to.

Now the famous cliche ‘At least we’re creating chances so the goals will come, Id be more worried if we wernt creating’.

and there goes why I’m very very worried now.

We can all have our opinions on Maddison rolling around, or Vardy today? Did he do anything? Barnes Gray albrighton Perez etc etc. All will have opinions on who should start.

However what is clear is that, anyone watching our performances for a long tine now will see, we are actually not ‘off form’ not ‘unfit’ we’re just not good enough and it’s plainly down to the fact we are not controlling games and we’re not creating chances.

So now the question is why?

Well I’ve said for quite a while now and people have probably noticed how I’m so pro Tielemans and every single performance I see backs this up.

He has the one thing we lack, he can see a pass.

Whenever we don’t play him we struggle to do anything productive and it happens over and over and over and over again and I’m just fed up with it.

I never want to see Mendy again , he offers absolutely nothing and he’s league 1 level at best. He has no movement, no vision to create, no passing ability to pull anything off other than sideways passes. He’s the most limited footballer I’ve ever witnessed. He would fit into our 2004-2008 squads nicely but I’m ****ing fed up of watching him holding back this team.

We have 1 of the best DMs in Ndidi, if he’s playing then we need someone more creative to combat that or we will consistently bang our heads against a brick wall in creating anything. 

It starts from the middle, we need a balance . We have one of the most talented starting 11s in the prem. I get ‘rotation’ but we havnt got the ability in reserve.

This is the key reason for our situation and the reason hat every single game we look toothless.

Please BR give us a chance at top 4 and fix the whole team around Tielemans and Ndidi!

THERES ONLY ONE MATT JONES

THERES ONLY ONE MATT JONES 

THERERES OOONLEEEEY ONE MATT JOOONES!

In all seriousness though thats a bit harsh considering the dross we've had here.

Edited by Fightforever

28 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Now I don’t usually start threads, but after watching that shambles I think I need to.

Now the famous cliche ‘At least we’re creating chances so the goals will come, Id be more worried if we wernt creating’.

and there goes why I’m very very worried now.

We can all have our opinions on Maddison rolling around, or Vardy today? Did he do anything? Barnes Gray albrighton Perez etc etc. All will have opinions on who should start.

However what is clear is that, anyone watching our performances for a long tine now will see, we are actually not ‘off form’ not ‘unfit’ we’re just not good enough and it’s plainly down to the fact we are not controlling games and we’re not creating chances.

So now the question is why?

Well I’ve said for quite a while now and people have probably noticed how I’m so pro Tielemans and every single performance I see backs this up.

He has the one thing we lack, he can see a pass.

Whenever we don’t play him we struggle to do anything productive and it happens over and over and over and over again and I’m just fed up with it.

I never want to see Mendy again , he offers absolutely nothing and he’s league 1 level at best. He has no movement, no vision to create, no passing ability to pull anything off other than sideways passes. He’s the most limited footballer I’ve ever witnessed. He would fit into our 2004-2008 squads nicely but I’m ****ing fed up of watching him holding back this team.

We have 1 of the best DMs in Ndidi, if he’s playing then we need someone more creative to combat that or we will consistently bang our heads against a brick wall in creating anything. 

It starts from the middle, we need a balance . We have one of the most talented starting 11s in the prem. I get ‘rotation’ but we havnt got the ability in reserve.

This is the key reason for our situation and the reason hat every single game we look toothless.

Please BR give us a chance at top 4 and fix the whole team around Tielemans and Ndidi!

I thought Mendy was better then Ndidi today. It wasn’t his fault Brendan went mad and chose a two man defensive midfield pivot to play against lowly Brighton. 

• Like 2

No amount of 'keep the faith' sentiment or a myriad excuses can disguise the fact that this team has lost it's way. Before Christmas we were good enough to be challenging Liverpool for top spot, since then our form has been just about good enough to keep us out of the relegation places had the season started in January. Recreating the form that had us challenging Liverpool is unrealistic, not least because of the enforced break, but surely we can achieve the mid-table form that should still be good enough to see us over the line. I agree that our lack of creativity is most concerning and that Tielemans is key. He sees the pass quicker than anyone else on the team and, with the exception of Maddison, seems to be the only player who can play an incisive forward pass. Our sideways passing made it so easy for Brighton tonight it was criminal. We need to be pinging the ball around in the final third not lazily passing it around in our own half. We can still reach the promised land but Rodgers is running out of time to realize that now is the time to back our quality players and play on the front foot. 

In reply to everyone having a go at me for daring to question Mendy, then you honestly must have been watching a different game and wernt born in the Puel era.

Its easy to say ‘he’s a water carrier’ but let’s be honest he’s just talentless and offers nothing.

To everyone who thinks Mendy should be playing in this team, let alone the premier league here’s what I say:

’We are going for champions league man! Come on! Dilly ding dilly dong! Wake up!’

seriously WAKE UP!

Maybe you think there’s another reason that we have almost less than 0 threat for 90 minutes?

Id argue we were below 0 at -0 in terms of how much of a threat we were today..in embarrassed to watch that performance.

28 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Judging by your handle you obviously were still in nappies when we were watching true shit like Junior Lewis.t 

Mendy is an accomplished player, but not suited to playing as a second DM alongside Wilf  entitled drivel is exactly what we deride Arsenal TV for. Get a life. Yes we were dire today but if you cannot support the team then do one. we do not need "supporters" likie you. I will be the first to criticise a poor performance but comments like that are uncalled for 

I actually was going mostly between 02-08. I saw all the entire sh*te. Funnily enough Mendy is as bad as anything we’ve had. Put Mendy in any of those teams and he would fit In perfectly. I’d swap a prime Gareth Williams to partner Ndidi rather than him and I’m not even joking either.

Football is a team game, Mendy is playing with a top team compared to 04-08. Stick him in those teams you’d notice no different. He’s so limited it’s actually embarrassing. I was praying for a 0-0 today until he came off.

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Man Utd and Wolves have a big enough opportunity to create some extra drive and motivation given our struggles. Without the fans we need to somehow find something from within at home, this will be a real test of our mettle now which has been found wanting at crunch times this season so doesn't exactly bode well.

The worry is Ric that as bang average that most teams have been this season the two clubs you mention have impressed me far more since Christmas time and that is saying something considering how laughable Man Utd have been at times so they really don't need to crank it up much further to put us in trouble.

Wolves look seriously good at times and they worry me big time, not just for this season either.

• Like 1

Not sure Mendy is to blame for the team (that he never plays in) being awful for 6 months.

It genuinely just looks like none of them really care. Maybe they all want their big move and us being outside the CL makes that easier.

• Thanks 1

I would be amazed if we finish in the top four. I can only see us potentially picking up maximum points against Bournemouth. I think we’re just going to fizzle out and finish between 8th and 5th. If you judge by performances, our season is all but over. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1