Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Will fans be allowed down the City next season?

Just now, Katy said:

Not sure how I feel about this. There won’t be any social distancing if we’re all allowed back, will we be wearing masks? If you don’t feel safe going back just yet, will you lose your ST?

So many questions here. 

I imagine it'll be about 20-40% initially, with everyone wearing masks, staggered entry times, one way systems, social distant queueing, temperature checks etc.

I suspect the club will keep the ST's going, but refund any matches that you can't attend. In terms of who can go to what match, I wonder if they'll release matches in batches and do a ballot for ST holders.

It's all going to take a lot of organising.

• Like 1

Just now, goody2028 said:

Really can’t see this happening. Can’t imagine them letting away fans travel from all over the country to different grounds and all mix together as early as October. Time will tell. 

Very much doubt away fans will be allowed. They'll only return once stadiums are back to near 100%.

7 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I imagine it'll be about 20-40% initially, with everyone wearing masks, staggered entry times, one way systems, social distant queueing, temperature checks etc.

I suspect the club will keep the ST's going, but refund any matches that you can't attend. In terms of who can go to what match, I wonder if they'll release matches in batches and do a ballot for ST holders.

It's all going to take a lot of organising.

You’re not wrong there, it’s a logistical nightmare. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out. 

12 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Really can’t see this happening. Can’t imagine them letting away fans travel from all over the country to different grounds and all mix together as early as October. Time will tell. 

Nah if it happens it’ll be limited capacity to begin with and no away fans.

October seems ambitious but I guess it’s subject to the trials and continued decline of the virus.

Not sure how they would work this. Let’s say they leave every other seat empty. (Still less than 2m apart). That  leaves approximately 16k seats. How many season ticket holders do we have?

Assuming no away fans admitted. Still not enough seats  I would have thought. 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Nah if it happens it’ll be limited capacity to begin with and no away fans.

October seems ambitious but I guess it’s subject to the trials and continued decline of the virus.

Just had a Levellers gig in December kicked back a year to December 2021. I know it's an outdoor venue so slightly different but October does seem very ambitious.

14 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

Not sure how they would work this. Let’s say they leave every other seat empty. (Still less than 2m apart). That  leaves approximately 16k seats. How many season ticket holders do we have?

23k season ticket holders.  

24 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

You're not thinking outside the box though are you? It will not be the same as before ever again potentially, certainly not for a few years yet.

Lots of things will change, many topics of discussion:

Away fans, will they be allowed, probably not intially.

Reduced capacity (25-40%), probably depends on individual stadium layouts too.

Masks will have to be worn.

Staggered entry potentially, widening of entrances, temperature checks etc etc

And in regard to STH's, I am sure the club will freeze what was ST's before and work something fair out so that anyone that wants to attend can and is not losing out because they don't feel safe.

I have said before, nothing wrong with allowing fans back in as long as they do it safely and ensure stadium experiences work well.

At the end of the day, it will also be down to individuals using their brain when going to matches once allowed. It can always be reversed if things don't work out. Some sort of normality has to resume at some point, even if this normality will be very different for a few years to come.