Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Will fans be allowed down the City next season?

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Of course there is.

The number of people going to a cafe or gym or using public transport to go there is minuscule compared to tens of thousands of people all going to watch a football match at the same time.

There's no way social distancing is going to happen properly in the concourse for example either, there just isn't the room and most people won't care anyway. People are rammed in the concourse enough as it is.

You couldn't design much more a perfect breeding ground for a virus than a football match. With the possible exception of a sweaty underground nightclub with a full  capacity of 30,000 people.

Not to mention the toilets, which are pretty disgusting even in pre pandemic days!

19 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Judging by the reaction to Sunday's performance, a lot of our fans say they're done with football and won't be going anyway.....

All the more social distancing space for those of us with a sense of proportion, then. :D

I presume you have much better contacts within the game than most of us, so do you get any impression what LCFC or other clubs are expecting to happen next season?

That's on the assumption that no vaccine or widespread treatment becomes available during the coming months....

Whole season behind closed doors? Smaller, socially-distanced crowds with masks after a few months if infection rate stays low - or from the outset? Financial implications of these scenarios for LCFC & other clubs? :dunno:

Not sure yet whether I'd want to risk going back, if they do allow fans back in the coming months.

Would probably depend on the state of the pandemic: can't imagine going if pandemic was raging, but would probably risk it with precautions if the infection rate was very low....

15 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fans will be in before 2020. However it won’t be 100%. It causes it some headaches because they can’t that many fans who go down on their own? Everyone sits with their friends or family for years. 

Not everyone. I go on my own. I enjoy the "me time", the chance to listen to some music on my Walkman before the match, maybe a quiet pint on the way. I'm not confident that a reduced capacity and distancing that can't be enforced will make a football stadium Covid19-safe. 

After shielding since the virus started, a big spike because the authorities refused to close factories and non essential shops due to well reported fears, do I feel safe taking my seat with 32000 others, err no.

The club have a big decision to make if the league decides to open grounds to fans, which until a vaccine is found I very much doubt mass gatherings will happen.

The club will need to take into account those fans that are high risk to the virus, if they just renew and that’s it, fans like myself and many thousands with feel like a punishment, as the option could be pay £500 not attend to retain their season ticket, or give it up and maybe not get one back for many years. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I mentioned in another thread, its the Wycombe fans (1st ever Championship season) and Sheff Utd fans (potential European adventure) I feel sorry for here. Thank fvck we had our champions league campaign 3 seasons ago.

Those fans might not make any away trips at all next season when it could be their only campaigns for a while in the respective competitions mentioned above.

If we get Europe and we can’t go I’ll be gutted. Wether that’s Champions League or Europa League. 

We could quite easily never be in there again if we lose a few players.

10 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

After shielding since the virus started, a big spike because the authorities refused to close factories and non essential shops due to well reported fears, do I feel safe taking my seat with 32000 others, err no.

The club have a big decision to make if the league decides to open grounds to fans, which until a vaccine is found I very much doubt mass gatherings will happen.

The club will need to take into account those fans that are high risk to the virus, if they just renew and that’s it, fans like myself and many thousands with feel like a punishment, as the option could be pay £500 not attend to retain their season ticket, or give it up and maybe not get one back for many years. 

I think you're totally right. That would be really disappointing for a lot of people who cant attend. The best option would be to let fans who at risk to freeze their season ticket and someone else can "loan" the season ticket until a vaccine is found or whatever and then you get your season ticket back after. 

Find it hard to believe we'll have 32,000 people packed in a stadium until a vaccine is brought back or levels go very very low (which i dont see happening for at least 6 months to year). 

40 minutes ago, Christoph said:

I think you're totally right. That would be really disappointing for a lot of people who cant attend. The best option would be to let fans who at risk to freeze their season ticket and someone else can "loan" the season ticket until a vaccine is found or whatever and then you get your season ticket back after. 

Find it hard to believe we'll have 32,000 people packed in a stadium until a vaccine is brought back or levels go very very low (which i dont see happening for at least 6 months to year). 

I don't see why fans cannot go back into a stadium in the open air. Completely understand that changes will have to be made to allow people to visit safely. this will include things such as a reduced capacity, say 10-12,000. Space must be created to prevent "mass gatherings" in concourses, tunnels etc etc.

Also, I would think that season tickets are not accounted for and that current/existing STH's and members will get priority on ballots/games etc and it will be a pay per match basis. General sale as such could then maybe happen. Of course it will have to comply with track and trace etc.

People saying it's not possible or shouldn't be allowed are being a bit extreme about everything. No one is forced to watch a game but equally, no one should be prevented from going if they want to and can do so safely. We are well away from packed stadiums but at least next steps should be taken. People who can't go or don't want to go should not have their season tickets/membership statuses affected until things get back to "normal".

At the end of the day, it is about people being sensible, and I know this is British people we are talking about but still, there is hope that some common sense can be applied for this to work.

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't see why fans cannot go back into a stadium in the open air. Completely understand that changes will have to be made to allow people to visit safely. this will include things such as a reduced capacity, say 10-12,000. Space must be created to prevent "mass gatherings" in concourses, tunnels etc etc.

Also, I would think that season tickets are not accounted for and that current/existing STH's and members will get priority on ballots/games etc and it will be a pay per match basis. General sale as such could then maybe happen. Of course it will have to comply with track and trace etc.

People saying it's not possible or shouldn't be allowed are being a bit extreme about everything. No one is forced to watch a game but equally, no one should be prevented from going if they want to and can do so safely. We are well away from packed stadiums but at least next steps should be taken. People who can't go or don't want to go should not have their season tickets/membership statuses affected until things get back to "normal".

At the end of the day, it is about people being sensible, and I know this is British people we are talking about but still, there is hope that some common sense can be applied for this to work.

Quite right.  People need to realise that if you catch it, it's your fault. There's always going to be a risk, and if someone doesn't want to take that risk, don't go to football, or anywhere else for that matter.

it should be Limited capacity at best, and it’ll have to be very limited.

Its not the open air stadium that’s the problem it’s everything that goes with it, public transport, pubs, concourses and toilets.

But this is the Torys so we could well be back in the KP by October but have to wear a mask to go to Morrison’s for a pint of milk still.

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Quite right.  People need to realise that if you catch it, it's your fault. There's always going to be a risk, and if someone doesn't want to take that risk, don't go to football, or anywhere else for that matter.

There are two sides. One, if you are vulnerable or really don't want to catch it as you think it will impact your health severely, or you just want to stay away from it, then as you say keep away. However, the other side for people like myself, I would want to ensure that when I do go, it is safe for other people and that I do what is necessary to minimise a risk of infection. They have already mentioned face masks and sitting apart. It is just about people using common sense and the clubs doing everything they can to ensure a safe matchday experience. 10,000 in a stadium is better than no one.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

it should be Limited capacity at best, and it’ll have to be very limited.

Its not the open air stadium that’s the problem it’s everything that goes with it, public transport, pubs, concourses and toilets.

But this is the Torys so we could well be back in the KP by October but have to wear a mask to go to Morrison’s for a pint of milk still.

That's where people have to make a decision whether they want to go or not. No one is forcing them to go on a bus to go to the match. No one is forced to go to the pub. Fully aware that people's matchday experiences are different and some like to go to the pub etc. However, given that people have had to adapt to life a lot in these past few months, the matchday experience would have to be another one of those. Concourses, maybe food and drink outlets would have to be closed and people bring their own into the ground. Toilets would need to be refurbished/equipped to meet standards.

Pubs are open anyway, football matches or not so it makes no difference. If capacity is a concern, then maybe people just go to the football match without going the pub before. Where possible, people drive/walk/cycle and avoid public transport. People are a little narrow minded it seems when it comes to football in this pandemic. Matchday experiences will not be the same anymore, but it doesn't mean they can't exist. People have to adapt.

I would quite happily drive to a game, wear a mask and bring my own food and drink to a game and abide by regulations. If it means it takes me an extra 10 minutes to get out of the stadium after a match due to concourse arrangements (I am sure they could make best use of all stadium exits), then so be it. I don't have to get a train/bus to the ground to get plastered to enjoy a match. I like to actually watch the 90+ minutes of action.

46 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That's where people have to make a decision whether they want to go or not. No one is forcing them to go on a bus to go to the match. No one is forced to go to the pub. Fully aware that people's matchday experiences are different and some like to go to the pub etc. However, given that people have had to adapt to life a lot in these past few months, the matchday experience would have to be another one of those. Concourses, maybe food and drink outlets would have to be closed and people bring their own into the ground. Toilets would need to be refurbished/equipped to meet standards.

Pubs are open anyway, football matches or not so it makes no difference. If capacity is a concern, then maybe people just go to the football match without going the pub before. Where possible, people drive/walk/cycle and avoid public transport. People are a little narrow minded it seems when it comes to football in this pandemic. Matchday experiences will not be the same anymore, but it doesn't mean they can't exist. People have to adapt.

I would quite happily drive to a game, wear a mask and bring my own food and drink to a game and abide by regulations. If it means it takes me an extra 10 minutes to get out of the stadium after a match due to concourse arrangements (I am sure they could make best use of all stadium exits), then so be it. I don't have to get a train/bus to the ground to get plastered to enjoy a match. I like to actually watch the 90+ minutes of action.

Missing the point somewhat I think.

The idea of prevention methods is to stop the spread of the virus not just stop the spread of the virus to those who are willing to stay at home and not do anything. It’s not about people making a choice it’s about keeping the country safe.

If you start allowing football crowds you will have packed buses and trains up and down the country, public transport is the only way for many people, i couldn’t get there any other way by myself for example, the pubs  may be open but football crowds and pubs are something else entirely, the only thing you can do to prevent concourse gatherings is severely lower the capacity and spread the fans out which will decimate the atmosphere anyway and make it not much better than watching it on TV and several thousand people using the toilets is going to be a risk no matter what you do to them. Even if you get restrictions in policing them is going to be a logistical nightmare. Plus you are forgetting there is always the minority, especially with football fans, who will pay no attention to guidelines, get pissed up, and put everyone else at risk.

We are some way off the government allowing organised gatherings of tens of thousands I’d of thought, it’s important  to remember the protests and gatherings at beaches etc were condemned by the government so they were not something that was allowed.

As I say who knows with Boris though.

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Missing the point somewhat I think.

The idea of prevention methods is to stop the spread of the virus not just stop the spread of the virus to those who are willing to stay at home and not do anything. It’s not about people making a choice it’s about keeping the country safe.

If you start allowing football crowds you will have packed buses and trains up and down the country, public transport is the only way for many people, i couldn’t get there any other way by myself for example, the pubs  may be open but football crowds and pubs are something else entirely, the only thing you can do to prevent concourse gatherings is severely lower the capacity and spread the fans out which will decimate the atmosphere anyway and make it not much better than watching it on TV and several thousand people using the toilets is going to be a risk no matter what you do to them. Even if you get restrictions in policing them is going to be a logistical nightmare. Plus you are forgetting there is always the minority, especially with football fans, who will pay no attention to guidelines, get pissed up, and put everyone else at risk.

We are some way off the government allowing organised gatherings of tens of thousands I’d of thought, it’s important  to remember the protests and gatherings at beaches etc were condemned by the government so they were not something that was allowed.

As I say who knows with Boris though.

Then pubs and shops should not be open on that basis and people should be locked into their houses to prevent anyone catching anything. Sorry, but you cannot prevent everyone from being away from normality. It's all about adjusting. If football grounds are made to be safe to visit then why not? Do you think Bournemouth beach was a safe place the other week?

I just think people are too quick to shut things down. You can't spend years in a lockdown and at the end of the day people have a choice. If you feel unsafe, then don't use public transport, don't go to the stadium. You could just as well catch something doing your shopping or going to the pub as you could at an event such as football or concerts or whatever. If they filled stadiums up and didn't adhere to safety regulations then I could understand concerns.

As I said, it is all about common sense and approaching this the right way.

27 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Then pubs and shops should not be open on that basis and people should be locked into their houses to prevent anyone catching anything. Sorry, but you cannot prevent everyone from being away from normality. It's all about adjusting. If football grounds are made to be safe to visit then why not? Do you think Bournemouth beach was a safe place the other week?

I just think people are too quick to shut things down. You can't spend years in a lockdown and at the end of the day people have a choice. If you feel unsafe, then don't use public transport, don't go to the stadium. You could just as well catch something doing your shopping or going to the pub as you could at an event such as football or concerts or whatever. If they filled stadiums up and didn't adhere to safety regulations then I could understand concerns.

As I said, it is all about common sense and approaching this the right way.

Well no because there’s less than a 100 people in a pub or shop. You are completely missing the point, football directs tens of thousands of people into lots of different small areas, and at the stadium it causes crowding like possibly nothing else in England bar maybe nightclubs (also not open)

And read what a put mate! I just said the government condemned the gathering at Bournemouth beach as unsafe. 

It’s not about who feels safe it’s about preventing the spread, If we get 150 people on a bus or train who aren’t afraid of getting it in the name of going the football then great for them if they all spread to each other it’s the rest of us that will suffer when we got locked down completely again. It’s not about individual safety it’s about national safety.

By approaching it the right way sounds very much like if everyone did it my way which is grand and everything but the world does not work like that. Ideally I’d wait until the Germans start reintroducing crowds and see how they get on given they are well ahead of us.

Can’t imagine they’ll be away fans for the entirety next season. I’m not that comfortable going back to KP before the winter but would prefer to wait till the spring by which time any second wave should hopefully have passed plus also we’ll have a lot better understanding than now about this virus. The club may have to ask all 23000 of us season ticket holders if we want to return a) ASAP b) 2021 or c) skip the entire season but still keep season ticket for 2021/22 season. Nightmare to deal with.

17 minutes ago, nnickn said:

25% capacity being muted for the beginning of season.

That would mean about 1 in 3 season ticket holders at each match.

Better than nothing.

Well i hope they don't do it by last name alphabetical order!

Edited by yorkie1999

As Liverpool’s fans were all too keen to ignore public advice and gather in their thousands to celebrate their title, maybe we could use the same fans as Guinea pigs to fill Anfield for a game and see what happens...

Call it the privilege of being champions 😉

• Like 1

I'll go back.

The facts are 900 under 45s have died in a country on 60 million. If you are under 45 or even under 65 there is a very low chance you will die or get seriously Ill. If you worry about a 900/60000000 chance on dying you are never going outside again let's face it, your car is probably a bigger death trap. Everything in life has risk unless you wrap yourself in cotton wool and hide behind your sofa. This does seem to have created a nation of agrophobics. We will suffer far more from the long term effects of destroying our economy and livelihoods.

We need to protect the vulnerable and those with pre-existing conditions. The best way to do that isnt to lock everyone inside, it is to ensure those who are adequately protected and provided for. It also means the vulnerable people may need to be completely isolated and family members either make a choice to mix with society and not see them or isolate with them.

If we need to wear masks then so be it. The global numbers show the vast majority of those at risk are elderly and vulnerable. The rest of us need to get on with it. There may never be a vaccine. Living a life with no job, no social life and no hobbies isnt much quality of life anyway!