Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Was that Jamie Vardy’s greatest Leicester performance ever?

13 hours ago, Webbo said:

It's a bit pathetic for a man in his 50s I know, but I absolutely love him. without a doubt my favourite player ever.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of a man crush even when in middle age.  

I'm of a similar vintage and met Steve Walsh for the first time on Monday and it took me all of my time to not give him a man hug even though we're in lockdown. 

I'm also in awe of Vardy and that we have had the sheer joy of watching such a talented wonderful footballer for the last 7 years or so. 

When questions were asked on Thursday he answered them all with a fantastic performance.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of a man crush even when in middle age.  

I'm of a similar vintage and met Steve Walsh for the first time on Monday and it took me all of my time to not give him a man hug even though we're in lockdown. 

I'm also in awe of Vardy and that we have had the sheer joy of watching such a talented wonderful footballer for the last 7 years or so. 

When questions were asked on Thursday he answered them all with a fantastic performance.  

Looking back Nige and Walsh (recruitment) could really spot the potential in players 

The Newcastle game 3-0 was he was so good I got to my seat just as ulloa scored and Vardy has them in all sort of trouble from the start. Williamson couldn’t cope at all with him. The guy is on another level and I am glad he never went to arsenal. Would love him to take on a coaching role of some sort when he finishes 

22 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Maybe weird but get the feeling BR is trying to make him a CAM but cos he's our top goal scoring machine having someone ahead  of him would be daft. Dunno maybe am wrong but if we had 2 of him yesterday we would have distorted them and everyone else. 

As he gets older I can imagine him doing what Okazaki did for us, just behind another striker. 

• Like 1

Makes you feel like a kid. Proper fan boy. Thought I'd never love a player more than Muzzy but this lad is the one. If he doesn't get a statue it's a travesty. He's the greatest footballing story in premier League history. And that's not an exaggeration. 

As for which game ? Almost impossible. 

• Thanks 1

Finally, I think we now know what we need to do to improve; find the perfect partner for Vardy, not a mahrez replacement, not a Kante or drinkwater replacement, this sheff Utd game was a reminder of how he used to play before becoming the lethal striker we now know. It was reminiscent of the great escape where we played nugent behind vardy and ulloa, instead of course we’re playing Perez behind barnes and vardy.

58 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Finally, I think we now know what we need to do to improve; find the perfect partner for Vardy, not a mahrez replacement, not a Kante or drinkwater replacement, this sheff Utd game was a reminder of how he used to play before becoming the lethal striker we now know. It was reminiscent of the great escape where we played nugent behind vardy and ulloa, instead of course we’re playing Perez behind barnes and vardy.

Nugent wasnt a starter in the great escape mate.

The game also proved how misleading assist stats can be. Vardy set up four chances perfectly and had one assist, statistically he didn't have a major impact on the game but his performance was tremendous.

Key chances created should be always be ahead of assists, you can't criticise someone for somebody else fluffing opportunities.

• Like 1

He was excellent the other night and it's clear that Brendan has been working with him to expand his options up front. In stead of waiting for an over the top Ball or into the channels. He was dropping back into space and picking up Balls where defenders didn't want to go after him.

If he can keep that up then he'll get even better and develop into a more rounded player and contribute even more into the future.

21 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I remember sitting in the car before that match with the rain hammering down, splashing on the bonnet, wondering whether I should just stay in the car and listen to Stringer. Got to my seat about a minute before kick-off and we were 3 nil up in 20 mins (2 in first 5 mins) with Vardy getting the first two of his hat trick. 

Don't think that Pep had ever seen Vardy play before. Or that's how it seemed. 

It took a lot of persuading for me to get my kids out of the car before that game. 

'It's raining like mad' and 'we'll get hammered, so what's the point'? 

Were 2 of the pre match comments 😄