Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2020

Let 3 frames Ronnie was superb. Poor comments post match from Mark, disappointing really. Cant see what Ronnie did wrong. He got out of every snooker Mark put him in, made the sport entertaining for public on tv. Sore loser this time unfortunately. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is a massive if

Its a hypothetical question. He's in the final, he has a chance and I wanted to know historicaly if anyone has received a bye. Take your Ronnie specs off for 5 minutes. This is why I hate his fans, can't stop gushing over the guy like hes the second coming of Christ.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Its a hypothetical question. He's in the final, he has a chance and I wanted to know historicaly if anyone has received a bye. Take your Ronnie specs off for 5 minutes. This is why I hate his fans, can't stop gushing over the guy like hes the second coming of Christ.

To be honest I think it will be an excellent final, Wilson is a great player to watch as well. It is a good question and I’m actually not sure lol

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

He definitely has a chance! Playing at his best though Ronnie is unstoppable by anyone. 

As soon as Ronnie got over the line last night you just knew this was likely to happen. 

Imagine being one of the lucky 300 to get tickets for the final session on the final night at the crucible and it ends up finishing on Sunday afternoon lol

Edited by EastAnglianFox

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Thought it was quite funny after yesterday’s match and not much different to what Selby does when he keeps coming back delaying the end of frames. Making a point I think 😆  

Can’t blame him I guess as tactically it’s the equivalent of time wasting but it’s Ronnie so he’s a nob lol 

39 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Thought it was quite funny after yesterday’s match and not much different to what Selby does when he keeps coming back delaying the end of frames. Making a point I think 😆  

I think being 38 points behind with 22 left and trying for snookers, and then playing on and clearing the table for no reason is a bit different to Selby doggedly staying in frames with his safety play.

Why does anyone actually like/support Ronnie O Sullivan? He gives up when things aren't going well, he's ungracious, has no respect for other players, is a sore loser and on top that seems the luckiest player alive. Maybe I don't know enough about snooker but he seems an utter bell.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Why does anyone actually like/support Ronnie O Sullivan? He gives up when things aren't going well, he's ungracious, has no respect for other players, is a sore loser and on top that seems the luckiest player alive. Maybe I don't know enough about snooker but he seems an utter bell.

Precisely for all the reasons you've just listed. Snooker can be a staid and lifeless affair at times. Peter Ebdon world champion anyone? He's probably the most gifted player ever to play the sport. Yes, he's a ****. Yes, you wonder what he could have achieved with a classically respectable mentality, but he's fun, unpredictable and still brilliant at playing snooker.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

He's the most naturally gifted player to play the sport, but in a way that makes what he's actually achieved a little disappointing. He should have clean up over the last 20 odd years, won 10 or more Worlds. He's basically unplayable when he's focused. A top sportsman has to have full package, and mentality is a huge part of that. Hendry is still the greatest imo, great player and great mentality.