Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Harrydc

Will facemasks change the way you shop?

Will facemasks change the way you shop?   

103 members have voted

1. 1. Will facemasks change the way you shop?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

You're protecting others (somewhat) if you're a carrier. Why are people not getting this. I want to actually shout at selfish ***** I see on the tube, trains and buses not wearing one.

Agree...what Don t the morons understand...If in Doubt. Wear a fking facemask...I

Its got nothing to do with Government misconceptions,Confusion or Mixed information....

Its about others and not about your own macho,immature del boy fking excuses...!!!

If it helps only  10-15% of the time,thats 10s of Thousands of people....If in the end ist proved to be be only 1%...

It still means your a Bloody fool for taking that chance because you think you might look a fool to your mates,or the Macho ASBOs.

Where is the pain..??? You Not wanting to Wear a mask crying  rights of freedom,

but ownly fking blind your to Local government corruption allowing still After 50 years Sweatshops,Abs

ran both by  Local whites and immigrants alike,then govts disbanding qualified departments Controlling government Health rulings, in housing, public buildings, factories &  schools.Responsibility ripped from

Fire officers,policing offices & Depts.....I

But no, little Johnny & Jane,cant be fking bovered for 2-3 hrs a couple of times in a 7 day week,to Wear a facemask....I

Its cowardice of its highest order,and Bloody anti-social,teaching your kids and Family Members how to be a Dipstick of the highest order....

Many diseases,viruses,cancers we cant help to fight or win,....but here we can individual make,give that fight & chance,But no the arty-farty,liberal crowd

And ASBOS want the right  to talk about it,And the immediate right to say No. 

AND ARROGANTLY LAUGH WHILE  AT THE CASH COUNTER AT THEIR FELLOW HUMAN BROTHERS/Sisters Sharing the same space,town/region/Country &

also to say **** to The Doctors,Nurses and carers.....

Sometimes in my Dark moments I wish these people,to immediately suffer from the loss or themselves Fall into that Holding Corvid Trap of life,But then realise,only those Innocent nurses,doctors,careers will have to suffer caring for those undeserving selfish ,life-incompetent twats....!!!!

If doesn't matter if you look like a dozzo, it doesn't matter if your a society-Nihilist, you cant take  chances away from others of Experiencing a decent life...

So get off your Bobby car,out of your own built protective Play pen,grow up & throw Off the yokes of immaturity....

Wear a Facemask ....!!! ....It Really doesn't hurt.

No rant,  no excuses,..."know it all" pricks just piss me off.....!

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Harrydc
4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Agree...what Don t the morons understand...If in Doubt. Wear a fking facemask...I

Its got nothing to do with Government misconceptions,Confusion or Mixed information....

Its about others and not about your own macho,immature del boy fking excuses...!!!

If it helps only  10-15% of the time,thats 10s of Thousands of people....If in the end ist proved to be be only 1%...

It still means your a Bloody fool for taking that chance because you think you might look a fool to your mates,or the Macho ASBOs.

Where is the pain..??? You Not wanting to Wear a mask crying  rights of freedom,

but lonely fking blind your to Local government corruption allowing still After 50 years Sweatshops, ran both by  Local whites and immigrants alike,then govts

disbanding qualified departments Controlling government Health rulings, in housing, public buildings, factories &  schools.Responsibility ripped from

Fire officers,policing offices & Depts.....I

But no, little Johnny & Jane,cant be fking bovered for 2-3 hrs a couple of times in a 7 day week,to Wear a facemask....I

Its cowardice of its highest order,and Bloody anti-social,teaching your kids and Family Members how to be a Dipstick of the highest order....

Many diseases,viruses,cancers we cant help to fight or win,....but here we can individual make,give that fight & chance,But no the arty-farty,liberal crowd

And ASBOS want the right  to talk about it,And the immediate right to say No. 

AND ARROGANTLY LAUGH WHILE  AT THE CASH COUNTER AT THEIR FELLOW HUMAN BROTHERS/Sisters Sharing the same space,town/region/Country &

also to say **** to The Doctors,Nurses and carers.....

Sometimes in my Dark moments I wish these people,to immediately suffer from the loss or themselves Fall into that Holding Corvid Trap of life,But then realise,only those Innocent nurses,doctors,careers will have to suffer caring for those undeserving selfish ,life-incompetent twats....!!!!

If doesn't matter if you look like a dozzo, it doesn't matter if your a society-Nihilist, you cant take  chances away from others of Experiencing a decent life...

So get off your Bobby car,out of your own built protective Play pen,grow up & throw Off the yokes of immaturity....

Wear a Facemask ....!!! ....It Really doesn't hurt.

No rant,  no excuses,..."know it all" pricks just piss me off.....!

I get your point, and I'm not anti mask. However, as I've said there are people out there who are physically or mentally incapable of wearing a facemask, and who's right is it to ask them or question them? It doesn't make them selfish if it will cause them distress. This is where a huge problem lies, as you'll get people who will end up questioning people and calling them selfish with little to no information on their specific circumstances. 

9 hours ago, Harrydc said:

I get your point, and I'm not anti mask. However, as I've said there are people out there who are physically or mentally incapable of wearing a facemask, and who's right is it to ask them or question them? It doesn't make them selfish if it will cause them distress. This is where a huge problem lies, as you'll get people who will end up questioning people and calling them selfish with little to no information on their specific circumstances. 

Thats a different point,and there are some ways around it...just One for example,there are the plastic Head covers,which many wear...

Its always a % game....my Post was forg the Ones who can.

The honest truth in an on Running pandemic, those for no matter what reasons,that cant Wear masks, should be supported within society, that Shopping outings.. 1) could be organised ...2. Informed hard as it may be that shops for a period are  out of bounds, care groups will be offered,with window Shopping allowed, but others go in the Shop for you in none lockdown areas...3) Retailer get together and offer hours in The week for maskfree shopping, for people with chipped passes...

## I have a Pensioner pass, A Cancer-treatment pass, a Diabetes pass, a disabled pass,also extra One for The car,Health-card pass, pers-id,

2-4 Credit Bank cards,my Mi5 & 6passes,my free-willy pass

..So Please Don t say, Making passes would be dificult..and cost Money Plus passes can be Made  for temporary valid  dates....

The problem I have,.. is the total Lack of awareness,and unwillingness, only willing to show & prove their  contrary skills reaching ASBO levels...

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Harrydc
8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats a different point,and there are some ways around it...just One for example,there are the plastic Head covers,which many wear...

Its always a % game....my lost was forgetting the Ones who can.

The honest truth in an on Running pandemic, those for no matter what reasons,that cant Wear masks, should be supported within society, that Shopping outings.. 1) could be organised ...2. Informed hard as it may be that shops for a period are  out of bounds, care groups will be offered,with window Shopping allowed, but others go in the Shop for you in none lockdown areas...3) Retailer get together and offer hours in The week for maskfree shopping, for people with chipped passes...

## I have a Pensioner pass, A Cancer-treatment pass, a Diabetes pass, a disabled pass,also extra One for The car,Health-card pass, pers-id,

2-4 Credit Bank cards,my Mi5 & 6passes,my free-willy pass

..So Please Don t say, Making passes would be dificult..and cost Money Plus passes can be Made  for temporary valid  dates....

The problem I have,.. is the total Lack of awareness,and unwillingness, only willing to show & prove their  contrary skills reaching ASBO levels...

In my opinion, to have to obtain a pass to enter a shop if you have a medical condition to avoid wearing a facemask is absolutely ridiculous; people should simply be trusted to make sensible decisions themselves. 

If everyone wears a mask the effects are:

- Already infected people spray less droplets obtaining virus particles into the air, and over a shorter distance.

- Uninfected people passing through a cloud of droplets containing virus particles will have at least some of the droplets filtered out by their own mask.

These two effects multiply the reduction in transmission of the virus. So for example if each effect reduces the chances of transmission by 30%, the average number of transmissions will reduce by 50%. If on the other hand masks are 50% efficient, transmissions should reduce by 75%.

Also, if (despite masks) the virus is still transmitted to an uninfected person, they are likely to receive a lower viral load and this is thought to reduce the severity of the resulting infection.

The risk of wearing a mask is that some of the droplets containing virus that have been filtered out of the air by your mask will be present on the outside of the mask, so touching the mask may result in transfer to your fingers. You could then spread virus to others by touching surfaces, or to yourself by touching your mouth, nose or eyes.

This to my mind is very much a secondary risk and can be reduced by trying not to touch your mask, and by sanitising your hands if you do, particularly when removing the mask.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

Just now, Harrydc said:

In my opinion, to have to obtain a pass to enter a shop if you have a medical condition to avoid wearing a facemask is absolutely ridiculous; people should simply be trusted to make sensible decisions themselves. 

But UK are Proving they cant....!!!

Plus I just gave you some  possibilities. If you want no control, & at present more chance of even more lockdowns,

and holiday areas & destinations  not permitting travel...restaurants &pubs again forced to Close.... carry on...

You carry on Making those righteous self-centred, sensible descisions...but Don t blame your government..!! Nor throw tantrems when you are forced to apply..

• Like 1

Been wearing one over here since March pretty much every time I'm out of the house, including for all of my workday and when I go shopping as both required (most shops haven't been letting people in without one for a while now).

One of a few reasons I think that Korea, while not totally rid of Covid, has handled it far better than other places of comparable population and conditions.

6 hours ago, Harrydc said:

I was on a train yesterday and a couple of people wernt wearing masks,  they both had some exemption permit on a lanyard, which they showed to the guard when she went through the train checking people were wearing masks. The guard recognized it so there must be some official pass to get out of wearing a mask for medical reasons.

I've been on a few long public transport journeys recently and you do get used to the masks. I prefer the disposable ones rather that reusable ones, bit more comfortable for me personally.

Biggest change this whole pandemic has done for me when it comes to shopping is I no longer use cash. Not had any cash on me now for months.

15 hours ago, Harrydc said:

The government have said since March facemasks won't protect you, why now? 

15 hours ago, Nick said:

Because the government were a bit wrong?

15 hours ago, Harrydc said:

This government has been wrong a hell of a lot over the last 3 months 

In fairness (and I’m no Boris lover)…. It’s only relatively recently that the effectiveness of mask wearing has been demonstrated…. Social distancing and washing your hands are still very effective,  it’s just become apparent that this does offer another layer of protection…

im on holiday in France where wearing masks was made mandatory last week…. I saw 100% compliance in the last busy supermarket I went in here…. And the frogs can be bolshy buggers…

Very quickly you’ll start to feel and certainly look like a massive selfish tit if you don’t comply…. People will fall into line pretty quickly 

Edited by Wolfox

30 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

In fairness (and I’m no Boris lover)…. It’s only relatively recently that the effectiveness of mask wearing has been demonstrated…. Social distancing and washing your hands are still very effective,  it’s just become apparent that this does offer another layer of protection…

im on holiday in France where wearing masks was made mandatory last week…. I saw 100% compliance in the last busy supermarket I went in here…. And the frogs can be bolshy buggers…

Very quickly you’ll start to feel and certainly look like a massive selfish tit if you don’t comply…. People will fall into line pretty quickly 

The only bolshy buggers it seems are the Brits..!!

Plus the masks are mainly to protect others.....

Edited by fuchsntf

57 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If that works that's a genuinely good hack, knowing my luck I'd bust the key or forget to take it out, get followed home and burgled, including the groceries

It genuinely does work.

I never have loose change.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Harrydc said:

Hoi Need passes vor busses,for trains....searching vor excuses at this Epidemic period,is quite pathetic,Abs as I have mentioned,there would be other alternative.

Plus heyho,our lives and Application has to change...or were some People in a Coma as Corvid Knocked on our door...

Some just Grind on and on and on....just to find a Way Not to where a mask....selfish,egoistic yobs..!!!!  And above all childish and immature whining over nothing... These same People will run a Mile when ist Time for the innoculation.....Set mantraps collect them up, & put them to sleep,humanely obviously,or use them as Guinness-pigs for corvid testing...

18 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The only bolshy buggers it seems are the Brits..!!

Plus the masks are mainly to protect others.....

Apparently so, but, I suspect that’ll change quite quickly…

They are for altruistic purposes…. people need to remember that!!!

10 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Apparently so, but, I suspect that’ll change quite quickly…

They are for altruistic purposes…. people need to remember that!!!

We Don t have to remember anything..only to Wear a mask for a Short Time in the day...egoism/altruism aside....

Like I said...UK will soon be crying in their coughing & weasing outbreaks,when lockdowns will prevent People travelling for their holidays,or a Walk around to the Local pub.......

Uk and USA,Keep dumbing down,I am no longer bothered that my Fellow countrymen,just don t get it...!!! Because of Personal outragous vanity....

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I don’t believe this in the slightest.

This is what I posted in the original Coronavirus thread on 9th April:

—————-

The anti mask sentiment in western cultures is absolutely baffling to me. Not to protect the person wearing it, but to protect everyone else. This is particularly important for this infection as it has been known from early on that there is significant asymptomatic transmission, yet we still get so called experts (not referring to anyone here) parroting the party line that you only need a mask if you are sick.

Governments could have encouraged the use of some form of face covering in public, particularly in crowded places like tube trains, and shops, whilst simultaneously launching a public information campaign showing how to make simple versions from readily available household materials and how to handle them safely.

Asian countries using them consistently are generally coping better than western nations.

—————-

Now I’m no expert, so if even I thought there was something fishy about the expert “advice” at the time it’s pretty obvious that there was something else at stake. IMO instead of fessing up that they had not adequately prepared for such a crisis by retaining a stock of PPE or at least a local capability to produce, they instead chose to demonise wearing masks by claiming it was dangerous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I don’t believe this in the slightest.

This is what I posted in the original Coronavirus thread on 9th April:

—————-

The anti mask sentiment in western cultures is absolutely baffling to me. Not to protect the person wearing it, but to protect everyone else. This is particularly important for this infection as it has been known from early on that there is significant asymptomatic transmission, yet we still get so called experts (not referring to anyone here) parroting the party line that you only need a mask if you are sick.

Governments could have encouraged the use of some form of face covering in public, particularly in crowded places like tube trains, and shops, whilst simultaneously launching a public information campaign showing how to make simple versions from readily available household materials and how to handle them safely.

Asian countries using them consistently are generally coping better than western nations.

—————-

Now I’m no expert, so if even I thought there was something fishy about the expert “advice” at the time it’s pretty obvious that there was something else at stake. IMO instead of fessing up that they had not adequately prepared for such a crisis by retaining a stock of PPE or at least a local capability to produce, they instead chose to demonise wearing masks by claiming it was dangerous.

I was referring to peer reviewed studies on mask wearing published in the Lancet only last month…. I wasn’t aware of anything published on the efficacy of mask wearing in relation to  COVID prior to that?

I’m well aware of the cultural bias in relation to mask wearing…. I’ve been to Tokyo and seen how people with a cough/ cold will wear masks…. They are a considerate bunch!  And also turns out they were right to insist on face coverings from the start…

Whether there was a broader conspiracy on protecting PPE stocks, if have no idea…. But, there were plenty of sensible looking virologists coming forward saying it makes very little/ no difference…

Hindsight is always 20/20…. I’d suggest that it was probably sensible to have done this from the start as the absence of evidence is not the same as evidence of absence and it might have helped…

I think we are possibly in agreement on most points?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I was referring to peer reviewed studies on mask wearing published in the Lancet only last month…. I wasn’t aware of anything published on the efficacy of mask wearing in relation to  COVID prior to that?

I’m well aware of the cultural bias in relation to mask wearing…. I’ve been to Tokyo and seen how people with a cough/ cold will wear masks…. They are a considerate bunch!  And also turns out they were right to insist on face coverings from the start…

Whether there was a broader conspiracy on protecting PPE stocks, if have no idea…. But, there were plenty of sensible looking virologists coming forward saying it makes very little/ no difference…

Hindsight is always 20/20…. I’d suggest that it was probably sensible to have done this from the start as the absence of evidence is not the same as evidence of absence and it might have helped…

I think we are possibly in agreement on most points?

Yes I certainly agree with the point highlighted. Anecdotal evidence was already available in how Asian countries wearing masks were coping so much better than libertarian western ones. Wearing a mask is also the “commonsense “ solution, and whilst that may not be an infallible guide, I think it does at least put the onus on experts to disprove their effectiveness rather than the other way around.

• Like 1

I have decided to twat anyone I see in a shop without a mask.

This is made far easier by the fact that I have a mask on & the victim cannot identify me.

The mask also comes in handy for potential bank robbers as they do not stick out like a sore thumb anymore.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

its a load of bollocks i wont be wearing a mask so i wont be doing any shopping will have to be done online.

why now? they should have told people to wear masks months ago.

If you won't wear one now you wouldn't have worn one then. What ****ing difference does it make to you.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

its a load of bollocks i wont be wearing a mask so i wont be doing any shopping will have to be done online.

why now? they should have told people to wear masks months ago.

Do you remember when the government said wash your hands? Everyone went out and tried to buy a 6 year supply of soap, handwash, hand sanitiser etc. There was a shortage of PPE for medical staff, if the government had said "don't go shopping without a mask" at the time, we'd have been buggered