Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Perhaps the moderators ought to put this whole Manure topic in the 'General Football' forum as not only is becoming tedious it is overwhelming all other Premier League 2020/21 news which in many cases is far more worthy of space than the moronic behaviour of some Northern idiots!!

Well how about you let us talk where we want and you take your boring posts off to general sport you arrogant ****.

• Haha 4

After the horrendous scenes we all witnessed at the weekend regarding the mob rule at Old Trafford have the fans lost the plot or is it really all down to the owners and the way they conduct their business?

We all have an opinion and can argue until the cows (no pun intended) come home but as I have said before if all Clubs had owners like ours we wouldn't have these sorts of protests.

What's your take.

All I've got to say is that it's no surprise that destruction of property was done given that nothing changed and there are no platformsfor change after years of protests. I don't support said destruction regardless but i understand why they stormed the stadium, just like west ham fans a couple years ago. Football owners need to not only be held accountable but also heavily regulated. It's gone to far. Also against any violence used. Civil disobedience imo can be justified but violence is too far. 

Edited by NasPb

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Bit much mate

Probably but why shouldn’t we talk in here? It happened before a premier league match to two premier league teams and effects the league.

Just because he fines it tedious he thinks he is in a position to get it moved out of eyesight. I’ve no time for people like that. He isn’t a moderator for good reason, he lacks judgment.

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

All I've got to say is that it's no surprise that destruction of property was done given that nothing changed and there are no platformsfor change after years of protests. I don't support said destruction regardless but i understand why they stormed the stadium, just like west ham fans a couple years ago. Football owners need to not only be held accountable but also heavily regulated. It's gone to far

Is there much condemnation for storming the stadium? Maybe there has been.

I think there is likely to be more for the slashing of the policeman's face.

Evidently this particular challenge is an omelette, and needs some eggs breaking, but its a real shame when that becomes an excuse for yobs to have a tear up.

• Like 1

The fact that this was a localised Man Utd only protest was always going to give the media an out, if it had been coordinated with Liverpool fans it would have had far more impact against the ESL proposals. The media are now just going to right it off as incoherent hooligans, which is wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

The fact that this was a localised Man Utd only protest was always going to give the media an out, if it had been coordinated with Liverpool fans it would have had far more impact against the ESL proposals. The media are now just going to right it off as incoherent hooligans, which is wrong.

Bingo. They almost needed it to be squeaky clean.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Probably but why shouldn’t we talk in here? It happened before a premier league match to two premier league teams and effects the league.

Just because he fines it tedious he thinks he is in a position to get it moved out of eyesight. I’ve no time for people like that. He isn’t a moderator for good reason, he lacks judgment.

No, it probably does belong here, as it certainly effects this league (was caused by, in part), and I commented recently that a unified protest would have been even more effective in my opinion, so can hardly gripe at the comments location. 

Just now, dynamark said:

I dont think anyone has made the point that we really wanted to see the result of this fixture in the light of our remaining games Now its likely to be the cup final weekend before we know the numbers.

The numbers are entirely irrelevant. We ignore them. We go out in every game and try to get the best possible result.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We don’t have to accept the media narrative though, we aren’t living in a cuckhold. We are free to make up our own minds.

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Is there much condemnation for storming the stadium? Maybe there has been.

I think there is likely to be more for the slashing of the policeman's face.

Evidently this particular challenge is an omelette, and needs some eggs breaking, but its a real shame when that becomes an excuse for yobs to have a tear up.

Just edited my comment. I think its clear that that is the major issue, but regardless, all this could have been avoided if there were legitimate means to getting or avoiding scum like the Glazers. Still responsable are those that used violence though on either side 

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

German football is still exciting, we’ve had teams dominating the league here before and interest doesn’t wane. Also is that domination in any way the reason BM dominate the domestic league? What evidence is there to support that?

In non of my posts have i called for the German model or 50+1 ownership. Just change which involves fans voice being more important than broadcasters and media teams. 

The last sentence is disgusting, as it’s been displayed to you several times that it’s wrong and you still parrot it. 

It’s not though, Man Utd fans want the glaziers out so the club can spend more money, that’s their fundamental argument, they earn the most so they can spend the most, it’s not for the greater good of football, they don’t give two shits about us, we will be the ones that will suffer when we’re seen as just some sort of feeder club.

• Like 1

Just now, Strokes said:

We don’t have to accept the media narrative though, we aren’t living in a cuckhold. We are free to make up our own minds.

Agreed; but maybe 10% will think about it as much as most of us will. A lot of others will happily be spoon fed their opinion and discourse on it. That's not a criticism; they will take a decent source (BBC maybe) and just go with that. 

The more public outrage there is, lobbying the FA, lobbying their local MPs etc; we might get actual GOVERNMENT action and then something can be enshrined in LAW, not just in the FA rules. Anything that dampens that momentum, public or government sympathy for the changes need, is damaging the cause very directly. Like it or not, we need the Government and the people who run football in the country (and perhaps in Europe too) onside to some extent.

Demonstration and delaying/postponing games and kick offs will do the trick. Slashing policeman's face is not something that will ever go down well in this country.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It is unified cohesive thought required here, not individual realisation and such cohesive thought is often set by the media (like it or not)

• Like 2

Utd are faced with a game back log which seeing that we play them next week helps us. they need to get in 5 league games and a European semi final done by the 23rd and they should be preparing for a Cup final themselves on the 26th so in reality 6 games in 17 days, they have been pretty lucky with injuries so far but this might just come back to haunt them

I think the mods should decide not only the exact course, ebb and flow and subject matter of each thread, but they should also supply me with some pre-approved posts and opinions.

That would keep the place lovely and tidy and sanitised and predictable and save me typing them out.

1 minute ago, katieakita said:

Utd are faced with a game back log which seeing that we play them next week helps us. they need to get in 5 league games and a European semi final done by the 23rd and they should be preparing for a Cup final themselves on the 26th so in reality 6 games in 17 days, they have been pretty lucky with injuries so far but this might just come back to haunt them

I reckon they might have other home game protests too though.

I wouldn't even be that surprised if Liverpool/Man United tried to orchestrate getting some away games affected too. The realisation that you can just prevent the coaches turning up and that a delay is damaging as Sky cover almost every game plays right in to their hands.