Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

It's more likely that it won't be played tomorrow because the two evening slots are taken and lunchtime/ afternoon kick-offs on a Monday (not public holiday internationally) would reduce viewing figures massively.

Plus it's probably too soon for the situation to have fully diffused.

Yeah, lesser of the evils though I guess compared to having to reschedule another match to fit it in or play it at the end of the season, which isn’t fair to the other teams fighting for top 4.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's not a normal season though so they will have to work around it otherwise they will have issues end of season. Only other choice is play it Saturday 15th/Sunday 16th May and move the Liverpool vs West Brom game into the midweek before. It cannot be played after 23rd May.

I think that’s the only option although big Sam will have a moan .....

The big question is though, how did the fans get into the ground? 

No reason for any gates to be open. 

Surely the only way in is via the staff, media or players entrance. 

Someone must surely have helped them enter the ground. 

I suspect it was Richie Wellens. 

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

It's more likely that it won't be played tomorrow because the two evening slots are taken and lunchtime/ afternoon kick-offs on a Monday (not public holiday internationally) would reduce viewing figures massively.

18 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's not a normal season though so they will have to work around it otherwise they will have issues end of season. Only other choice is play it Saturday 15th/Sunday 16th May and move the Liverpool vs West Brom game into the midweek before. It cannot be played after 23rd May.

Not only that but they can have early 6pm KO's (And I believe some Championship game during 'Project restart' last season maybe even this season were 5pm KO's) which aren't ideal for the UK/Actual fan audience.

But aslong as the international viewers are catered for that's all that matters.

(I appreciate this isn't you [Corky] taking the international viewers into account just what the broadcasters would be thinking)

Fuck em'.

Edit - Infact I seem to remember being at work during a midweek and i'm sure there was a Championshp game kicking off in the middle of the afternoon for one or two games during the past year, couldn't get my head around it, thought it was well out of order for the 'proper' fan.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

They'll move it to tomorrow afternoon. Maybe even before the other 2 gamez at 15:00. Perfect for a "Super Bank Holiday Monday"

seems the only logical time now, when will this actually be announced? there isn't any other time in the schedule really.

Hopefully Leeds get a point against spurs at the weekend after we hopefully beat Newcastle just to put them out the way and nothing riding on a result last game of the season 

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not good if they now play Liverpool at a time when they have very little rest beforehand. Hopefully it will be played tomorrow.

I’m still looking at it from the viewpoint that anything that tips the scales towards us in the Man U game and moves us towards 3 points will be good news . If we can beat Newcastle and one of the three tough final games then it doesn’t matter what L’pool or any of the others do 

47 minutes ago, Corky said:

I don't think they'll play it tomorrow.

But it's a public holiday internationally - Memorial Day in the US, and May Day virtually everywhere else.