Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

This is gonna be really controversial but I would swap Maddison for Son. 

I'd swap Maddison for Dele Alli. Now that is controversial. 

I rate Maddison but Alli from 2015/16 - 2018/19 was an exceptional goal scoring and creative attacking midfielder who has lost his way. Maddison will do very well to ever hit those numbers, he was Lampardesque in what he did during those years just without any trophies 😂

• Like 3

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

This is gonna be really controversial but I would swap Maddison for Son. 

Is that even slightly controversial? Son is twice the player Maddison thinks he is. I’d do that swap without thinking twice 

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

When Bale signed I pictured this front 3 plus Alli playing all season but it's been rarely used for one reason or another. Feel they'll be flat track bullies and turn over Sheff Utd 3-0 or more, "Alli is back", "Jose was wrong" etc  but with two bomb scares - Aurier and Dire sorry Dier in the side it gives you a little hope at the other end. Just want a game that could go either way having had the main one cancelled.

Death... taxes.... spurs fans with predictable opinions... lol 

0BA75EE5-0149-4FBD-85DF-0EC5F6196C93.jpeg.c0bd754ef49a63904af2cef44651b7ca.jpeg

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I don't think they'll play it tomorrow.

But it's a public holiday internationally - Memorial Day in the US, and May Day virtually everywhere else.

No holiday tomorrow in the US that I know of.  Memorial Day is the end of May in the US.

7 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Is that even slightly controversial? Son is twice the player Maddison thinks he is. I’d do that swap without thinking twice 

It was controversial because it wasn’t really controversial 

39 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I don't think they'll play it tomorrow.

But it's a public holiday internationally - Memorial Day in the US, and May Day virtually everywhere else.

Mayday...is 1St of May. in most European countries...Shops even close...

Demonstrations open..

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

Would you take a coin flip on finishing 2nd if you win and 5th if you lose?

That's effectively what your advocating by cheering on Liverpool.

I don't recall anyone saying they hoped we drew with Southampton so as to not put pressure on ourselves in our bid to secure CL football before kick-off on Friday!

Instead, people were hoping for us to win which would have taken us to 65 points, 2 behind United. With that scenario and had Liverpool beaten or drawn with United today, the gap between us would have been only 2 or 3 points and I find it hard to believe people would have been complaining. But because we drew, all of a sudden it would be a disaster for Liverpool to win even though the gap between us and United would still be wider than if we'd beaten Southampton!?

5 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

We are exactly 1 Liverpool win away from someone proclaiming the FA Cup Final is a distraction for finishing top 4.

The same people that were rooting for us to take 3 points against Southampton the other night which would have made the gap between us and United even narrower!?

The logic they are using makes no sense.

5 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I will be 100% Manchester United today, especially after our result v Southampton. Going against everything i normally would, but Top 4 has to be the realism not top 2.  

That logic makes no sense to me. If we'd beaten Southampton which I'm sure you wanted (don't recall you hoping for a loss or draw), we would have been even closer to United and you don't think the pressure would have been just as much, if not more? 

If we are to be good enough at this level, we need to know we can handle these kind of tests, no?

Edited by Kendal Fox

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd swap Maddison for Dele Alli. Now that is controversial. 

I rate Maddison but Alli from 2015/16 - 2018/19 was an exceptional goal scoring and creative attacking midfielder who has lost his way. Maddison will do very well to ever hit those numbers, he was Lampardesque in what he did during those years just without any trophies 😂

Really?

Alli, had one amazing season, the season after we won the league, the rest his stats have been very similar to Maddison this season, who had Ben hit by injuries all season. 
I just don’t think Alli has the mental capacity to improve, as soon as he got a hit of criticism he went to pieces.

A fully fit Maddison is a much better player than Dele.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

None..The right to protest..!!

Well done to the fans today....

I have no problem at all with the fans "right to protest" and I fully understand why the Glazers are so hated, however, to bring about the postponement of a fixture in the way they have is mindless and idiotic. Where was the security?

• Like 1

Just now, David Hankey said:

I have no problem at all with the fans "right to protest" and I fully understand why the Glazers are so hated, however, to bring about the postponement of a fixture in the way they have is mindless and idiotic. Where was the security?

It makes you think were many of the security in on it, it just seems so easy for the fans to get access to the stadium.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

It makes you think were many of the security in on it, it just seems so easy for the fans to get access to the stadium.

They weren’t expecting anyone there, so there was hardly any security. I think they said on the radio just 30 stewards up against a few thousand fans.

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Somebody must have opened a door to let them in albeit accidentally or otherwise