Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s not though, Man Utd fans want the glaziers out so the club can spend more money, that’s their fundamental argument, they earn the most so they can spend the most, it’s not for the greater good of football, they don’t give two shits about us, we will be the ones that will suffer when we’re seen as just some sort of feeder club.

You fail spectacularly to miss the point each time I can only conclude it’s a deliberate misrepresentation on the Manchester United fans. It’s not about success or money. They’ve spent big and had plenty of success whilst this has rumbled on. It’s about mismanagement from a group of owners that do not care for football or club traditions. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s not though, Man Utd fans want the glaziers out so the club can spend more money, that’s their fundamental argument, they earn the most so they can spend the most, it’s not for the greater good of football, they don’t give two shits about us, we will be the ones that will suffer when we’re seen as just some sort of feeder club.

That’s not what United fans want at all. Man Utd are in some serious debt. 
The Glazers bought the club using loans in 2005 and quickly transferred that debt to the club - the exact opposite of what our owners did.

They haven’t spent a single cent of their own money and Man Utd are close to a billion quid in debt. In this time the Gazers have taken out nearly double that into their own pockets.

Old Trafford hasn’t had any serious maintenance work done in a long time and when it rains their are holes in the roof.

When the Galzers took over Man Utd had the best training facilities in the country by far, now their not even in the top 6.

This battle has been going on for years, with the Super League being the final straw.

This goes way beyond just we want new players, it’s we want to ensure the future of the club.

I’m no Manchester United fan, in fact I’d be quite happy to see them fall down a peg or two, but no set of supporters should ever lose their club - and if you listen to Man Utd supporters that’s what they are worried about. 
Between the Galzers and Woodward they have been totally screws over financially.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Instead of fan ownership of clubs, in a 50+1 fashion I would propose fan ownership of the game and leagues.

Each of the 92 football league clubs must form a supporters trust, in each trust supporter must elect one representative every year.

That one representative will form part of a supporters union in which compromises of a English football league supporters Union, a premier league supporters union, a championship league union, a league one supporters union and a league 2 supporters union.

Each league union will vote for 1 representative on the board for the for the English football league, 2 in the premier league. The whole union vote for a representative on the FA. 
All representatives hold vetos that must be democratically approved all the way down by a majority vote.

Give the game back to the fans.

Edited by Strokes

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

Utd are faced with a game back log which seeing that we play them next week helps us. they need to get in 5 league games and a European semi final done by the 23rd and they should be preparing for a Cup final themselves on the 26th so in reality 6 games in 17 days, they have been pretty lucky with injuries so far but this might just come back to haunt them

I think the most likely course of action is moving West Brom v Liverpool from the fa cup final weekend to the same midweek as our game with Man Utd and having Man Utd v Liverpool in the original West Brom v Liverpool slot.

37 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I think the most likely course of action is moving West Brom v Liverpool from the fa cup final weekend to the same midweek as our game with Man Utd and having Man Utd v Liverpool in the original West Brom v Liverpool slot.

Think you've called it, it's an easier sell to West Brom if they are already mathematically relegated when told this, facing Arsenal away and Liverpool at home on 9th and 12th, lose tonight and that all but a point happens. 

Edited by Beachyboy

2 hours ago, dynamark said:

I dont think anyone has made the point that we really wanted to see the result of this fixture in the light of our remaining games Now its likely to be the cup final weekend before we know the numbers.

It's a funny one. As it seemed heavily in Utd's favour to be more confident and have more desire to get the result yesterday to keep the title going one more game week and Liverpool on the back of another abysmal surrender of a lead to a mediocre team.

This game will be slotted in at some point (probably the FA Cup Final weekend) which means Liverpool get to play Southampton at home and West Brom away before they play that game and will be fairly well rested, where as Man Utd will be juggling games, the title will be over and CL secures. It gives Liverpool the platform to get a result and them then only 2 games left from getting the maximum 69 points. That means we need 7 points from out last 4 games. 

That said, Liverpool stumble once again on Saturday at home to Southampton who will be a but more confident after recent performances and it then makes their game against Utd less pivotal and top 4 a pipe dream for them.

I think the thing everyone forgets is that behind the legions of American,Asian, Indian armchair fans are people born and bred in the area - an area I've seen first hand is not the richest. They supported a club that meant something to them and their dads would have told them about the air disaster, about the social clubs and the fact that Saturday afternoon was father and son time. 

That goes for every club. There'll be a good portion of fans, the ones who actually go to games, who aren't bothered by the results but the culture. Football is very unique in England, because pretty much every club is at least a century old. Fans get more "entitled" when the price of attending a game, for some of these people, is a day's wages. 

If you asked fans, I'd be genuinely interested if they'd rather £10 a game with lower standard or football or the situation we have now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m afraid I look at the pictures of the Man Utd ‘fans’? who broke into Old Trafford and I don’t see a bunch of genuine protesters regarding the plight of the club, I see a bunch of bored youths who thought doing this was simply gonna be a good laff, frankly cos they had nothing better to do

I could be wrong, but that’s the vision those photographs place into my mind.

I saw a "hardcore leader" who looked to be a grown adult, try 3 or 4 times to kick the door in, only to be upstaged by a typical little scrote with a half arsed kick. That's my takeaway and aside from the horror of hooliganism, I found it ****ing hilarious.

There's that old saying 'we see what our eyes wants us to see' in this case our eyes our whoever is broadcasting the images. Of course theirs a narrative they are following and not a happy one since a high profile money making globally watched game got called off! Just like any other new story if it only focuses on the negative than that obviously skus the viewers perspective. I watched several different news reports and I saw mom's and dad's and little kids and grand folks in the mix. The group who led the stadium invasion look to be somewhat organized although they looked a little clueless once they got in (maybe that part wasn't rehearsed) lol. Not cool seeing the odd nutter break equipment and chairs that's not necessary and is counter intuitive but you can't always control the bull once its in the china shop. Regarding the protest I empathize with the loyal legacy fans they've had enough of being taken for granted. If the utd hierarchy are too chicken shi# to face their fans in a debate and discussion then what are they afraid of or hiding? There are some good articles out there of how the Glazer family have made their billions and though it starts like a rags to riches story they sure have forgotten where they've come from buying and selling businesses buy borrowing loans and saddling the businesses to make max profit and ignoring any and all human cost. If it goes pear shaped these buggers are smart enough to weasel out of it without paying a penny from their own pocket. As business owners go they are some of the dirtiest around. Nobody said owing a football club was easy. It's unique even from other sports. Making money is secondary or comes later as a bonus if the initial investment both personal and financial is smart. There's luck involved too as their is no guarantees. Anyway I've rambled enough - long live the peoples revolution! :trumpet:

• Like 1

Even if you agree with the methods the Man United fans took - which to be fair seems to be the consensus - I don’t see how fans purposefully and successfully taking action that gets a game called off can go unpunished. I mean - isn’t this exactly what point deductions are for?

I’m more than happy to be corrected. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Even if you agree with the methods the Man United fans took - which to be fair seems to be the consensus - I don’t see how fans purposefully and successfully taking action that gets a game called off can go unpunished. I mean - isn’t this exactly what point deductions are for?

I’m more than happy to be corrected. 

We sit and moan about shit owners and what they're trying to do to the game, yet when fans protest against them you then want them given a points deduction? Not for me. If they get a points deduction then it should be for trying to form/join the European Super League.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We sit and moan about shit owners and what they're trying to do to the game, yet when fans protest against them you then want them given a points deduction? Not for me. If they get a points deduction then it should be for trying to form/join the European Super League.

a) There is a difference between protesting and getting a game called off by breaking into a ground. And I stress, I’m not clutching my pearls over what they did. Fair play. But you have to be ready and willing to accept some consequences.  

b) sure deduct them points for the Super League too. Should happen. Won’t. People want to talk about setting precedent. Seems to be a pretty shitty precedent to set that within a space of a week a clubs owners can try to ruin the sport and their fans can get a game canceled and nothing happens. 

super league - “you can’t punish fans for something the owners did”

sunday - “you can’t punish the fans for something the fans did”

Edited by Bats8711

5 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

a) There is a difference between protesting and getting a game called off by breaking into a ground. And I stress, I’m not clutching my pearls over what they did. Fair play. But you have to be ready and willing to accept some consequences.  

b) sure deduct them points for the Super League too. Should happen. Won’t. People want to talk about setting precedent. Seems to be a pretty shitty precedent to set that within a space of a week a clubs owners can try to ruin the sport and their fans can get a game canceled and nothing happens. 

super league - “you can’t punish fans for something the owners did”

sunday - “you can’t punish the fans for something the fans did”

Well it's known they've protested for years without getting a game called off but if that's what it takes for people to listen, and they obviously have because it's all over the news for once, then so be it. Who's pissed off a game got called off aside from Dave Jones and Sky? For once they've been inconvenienced and it was end of the world. It's okay calling for "peaceful protests" but they don't really work, because they don't get people talking and news coverage. Actions are louder than words.

You'll always get a few idiots that jump in and ruin it (Souness referred to a flare being thrown) but that's in every walk of life. Carragher was right when he said it even happens on nights out when one, out of a group, wants to act like a dickhead.

On your last point, "you cannot punish fans for something the owners did", I think I only heard Souness say this. I'm all for a points deduction for those 6 points for what they did and even Neville said that and he's one of the biggest Man Utd fans out there. Fans have always been punished for owners actions with points deductions.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to Burnley v West Ham before!!

Anyone else buzzing like it’s one of our games!? 

another Chris Wood hat-trick wouldn't go amiss...

• Like 3