Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

14 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'd actually love to see Coventry back in the PL.

They've been through absolute hell the last 15 years but before they were relegated from the PL they'd been in the top flight for something like 30 years. 

Plus a guaranteed 6 points would be lovely.

Not sure about that one. 

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It's getting stranger by the day on here with people wishing our rivals well. I'm not sure you'd see it anywhere else in world football.

I think the issue is that we are so far ahead of our rivals the rivalries which were so fierce only a decade ago are slowly fading into memories as Coventry, Forest and Derby become irrelevant. Also as we don't share a city with any of them there isn't the interaction with rival fans day to day for many as you'd get in cities like Sheffield or Manchester. I just think our level is so much higher than any of our local rivals that they are slowly becoming less intense.

• Like 2

Howe would work somewhere where’s there’s a DOF. Seemed like he had control of everything at Bournemouth’s and they spent good money on poor players (not taking anything away from the job he did there which was superb, the edge of relegation out of the football league to PL).

Money and not improving the defence were big issues for him, there’s no doubting his attacking philosophy. They battered teams when they last won the Championship.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

Will be interesting to see what he does next.

I’ve very openly criticised him on here for a while now, and one of the main things was a feeling that he’s missed his chance at a top half side now through loyalty to the club and to some ageing poor players. 

Really don’t know what his next step will be. Not sure how tied his family are to where they live but I actually think taking a job in another country for a year or two would be a good idea. 

Can really only see him getting a job in the championship this year. Unless West Ham bin off Moyes again for keeping them up lol or perhaps Palace decide it’s time for Roy to step aside. 

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Will be interesting to see what he does next.

I’ve very openly criticised him on here for a while now, and one of the main things was a feeling that he’s missed his chance at a top half side now through loyalty to the club and to some ageing poor players. 

Really don’t know what his next step will be. Not sure how tied his family are to where they live but I actually think taking a job in another country for a year or two would be a good idea. 

Can really only see him getting a job in the championship this year. Unless West Ham bin off Moyes again for keeping them up lol or perhaps Palace decide it’s time for Roy to step aside. 

Remember when they finished 9th (?) and you said to me “I owe you a pint”. Well, I owe you one :D

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Remember when they finished 9th (?) and you said to me “I owe you a pint”. Well, I owe you one :D

lol indeed! 

I do genuinely hope he goes somewhere else and proves me wrong. But the opportunity they had to really cement top half in the prem in the last couple of years just feels so wasted. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Doubt Howe will get another job in football. He will prob open an upscale estate agency on the south coast called Howe’s a new House feel?

Surely a paternity testing firm:

Howe's your father.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth.

He's benefitted hugely from being at a club with little outside scrutiny. Completely understand why Bournemouth fans adore him but never quite got the love-in the press seem to have. They've conceded 60 goals per season for five years, his expensive transfer dealings very questionable and I think Bournemouth had enough to stay up this season.

I remember hearing on the radio an astonished reaction from a pundit (believe it was Chris Sutton) when somebody dared suggest he wasn't cut out for a top six club.