Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

Any ideas why they now have the playoff finals in reverse order? I always used to like the playoff weekend with league one, then two and the championship final on the bank holiday Monday.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Any ideas why they now have the playoff finals in reverse order? I always used to like the playoff weekend with league one, then two and the championship final on the bank holiday Monday.

Probably because Championship players are more likely to play international football during the summer and it gives them more of a break.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Probably because Championship players are more likely to play international football during the summer and it gives them more of a break.

With respect it's 2 days lol

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I agree that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make much difference. But I can't think of any other possible reason. Can you?

I would guess it's because it's the way Sky want it.

22 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Brentford have 2/3 in the Denmark squad for example.

3rd best team at least this season so fully deserved promotion.

• Like 1

The last time City played Brentford in a top-flight league game was an away match on 1st April 1939, which we lost 2-0.

Personally, I was hoping Swansea would go up. Seven clubs from the London area will be in the PL next season, including the Bees and the Hornets, which will mean 42 inter-London matches, or one ninth of the season's fixtures overall.

Edited by String fellow

6 hours ago, String fellow said:

The last time City played Brentford in a top-flight league game was an away match on 1st April 1939, which we lost 2-0.

Personally, I was hoping Swansea would go up. Seven clubs from the London area will be in the PL next season, including the Bees and the Hornets, which will mean 42 inter-London matches, or one ninth of the season's fixtures overall.

Hope a world war doesn’t break out after this one 

• Haha 1