Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

26 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Can't believe how most people (outside this forum) appear to still fall for the 'little old Bournemouth and their lack of resources' when they've been bankrolled for about 7 or 8 years now.

I know it’s so naive. They have bought their way though the leagues yet people think Eddie was some amazing manager who worked miracles. It is the media that are the worst for it though. Very strange imo.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Koke said:

They are an inoffensive club with an inoffensive manager.

I know they've spent money to get up and spent more money whilst in PL but I like Bournemouth because they play nice football and don't go away and park 3 busses. And Howe, whilst being overrated by the media, is still an OK manager and seems like a nice fella.

I wish Burnley got relegated instead of Bournemouth.

I'm not really bothered either way about Bournemouth. However, I totally agree about Burnley. It's the one match every season that you just know will be crap. Their time wasting is appaling and so bleedin' obvious but refs still let them get away with it. Longest goal celebration I've ever seen and after taking a lead going down wanting treatment after every tackle. Grim club. 

Sure it won't be any less exciting but the league next year looks the weakest i've seen in a very long time.

Barnsley

Birmingham

Blackburn

Bournemouth

Brentford

Bristol City

Cardiff

Coventry

Derby

Huddersfield

Luton

Middlesbrough

Millwall

Norwich

Nottingham Forest

Preston

QPR

Reading

Rotherham

Sheffield Wednesday -12

Stoke

Swansea

Watford

Wycombe

Think there's a huge chance for anybody who just seem to click. Don't see Watford or Bournemouth necessarily dominating, though I think with Watford there is potential if they keep their squad together and have the right mindset. I'd probably have Norwich as favourites presuming Brentford's squad is ripped apart. For an early top 10 prediction i'd go (in no order) Norwich, Cardiff, Brentford, Derby, Bristol City, Watford, Blackburn, Swansea, Millwall, Preston

Crazy to think that one of Wycombe, Rotherham, Luton or Barnsley will stay up aswell lol I'll go Wycombe, Rotherham and either Birmingham/Huddersfield just to try and be bold. Would think Karanka will get an improvement from Birmingham. I'd think Sheff Wed would be alright but even realistically they'd have to have a play-off type season to just keep them up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Sure it won't be any less exciting but the league next year looks the weakest i've seen in a very long time.

Barnsley

Birmingham

Blackburn

Bournemouth

Brentford

Bristol City

Cardiff

Coventry

Derby

Huddersfield

Luton

Middlesbrough

Millwall

Norwich

Nottingham Forest

Preston

QPR

Reading

Rotherham

Sheffield Wednesday -12

Stoke

Swansea

Watford

Wycombe

Think there's a huge chance for anybody who just seem to click. Don't see Watford or Bournemouth necessarily dominating, though I think with Watford there is potential if they keep their squad together and have the right mindset. I'd probably have Norwich as favourites presuming Brentford's squad is ripped apart. For an early top 10 prediction i'd go (in no order) Norwich, Cardiff, Brentford, Derby, Bristol City, Watford, Blackburn, Swansea, Millwall, Preston

Crazy to think that one of Wycombe, Rotherham, Luton or Barnsley will stay up aswell lol I'll go Wycombe, Rotherham and either Birmingham/Huddersfield just to try and be bold. Would think Karanka will get an improvement from Birmingham. I'd think Sheff Wed would be alright but even realistically they'd have to have a play-off type season to just keep them up.

Think Brentford, Swansea and Watford will be front-runners. Maybe Norwich, Forest, Bournemouth and perhaps one of Preston/Bristol City, Cardiff fighting for playoffs again. 

It's what I love about the Championship. Half the division fancies themselves for promotion if they gain a bit of momentum yet halfway through the season (or beyond) you can have a slump in form and get sucked in to relegation scrap (Hull/Birmingham) or pick up a few wins and have an outside chance of playoffs. 

Norwich will do well again, if they keep some continuity. Bournemouth will depend on who they get and whether they lose too many players but I think they'll keep a decent squad. Watford could go either way.

The rest is very much anyones guess really, couple of decent signings and anyone can do well. Expect Stoke to be a bit better and can Warnock build another challenge with Boro?

Relegation could be whoever gets put into administration.

Been Howe's assistant all the way through the leagues but only managerial experience was with Weymouth about 10 years ago, I'd be a bit underwhelmed if I was a Bournemouth fan.

24 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Press announcement of the new Bristol City Head Coach at 18:15 today. Looks like Dean Holden who was the sacked managers (Lee Johnson) assistant. Fans in melrdown on OTIB forum as they were expecting Chris Hughton lol

With this and the Bournemouth choice, I wonder if clubs at that level are deliberately looking for cheaper options given the uncertainty around football presently?

• Like 1

I think Derby will be top 6. (depending on their -12).

I think Wednesday will still stay up too.

Would like to see Blackburn top 6. Mowbray has done a great job there but they always get to the top 6 and fall away.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1