Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Vardy Wins the Golden Boot!

Too often in 2020 he was starved for good passes from our underperforming midfielders but still managed to bag in goals and never kept his head down (like some of his teammates) even on a quiet day. An absolute legend and still one of the few best strikers in the world. Wish he could play for us forever 

6 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Folk say Vardy isn't working. Well, I say carry on if it earns you the 'Golden Boot' against the glittering array in the EPL.

I say it's the problem with BR's timid tactics and some players around Vards (namely Maddison, Tielemans, our wingers - just all those who are supposed to be his main suppliers) underperforming. 

It does my head in how we have the best striker in the Prem (in my humble opinion) and so often spectacularily fail to utilize him. It's not Vardy's problem - his awareness and positioning is still spot on and the convertion rate (shots to goals) at 30.26% (it was even higher in November) realistically just won't be much higher, the top strikers (Lewandowski, Aguero, Suarez, you name it) simply don't get to be much more clinical than that. It's the issue with players around him.

The major thing, I reckon, that makes Jamie a Leicester Legend is the fact that he chose to stay with the Foxes when he could have gone to Arsenal. No player in the Premier league deserves to win an award more than him. And in my opinion seems to become a more rounded footballer the older he gets....and still hits the back of the net more often than the "superstar" Strikers.

Edited by gosfox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gosfox said:

The major thing, I reckon, that makes Jamie a Leicester Legend is the fact that he chose to stay with the Foxes when he could have gone to Arsenal. No player in the Premier league deserves to win an award more than him. And in my opinion seems to become a more rounded footballer the older he gets....and still hits the back of the net more often than the "superstar" Strikers.

Oh but when Rodgers does it....

:ph34r:

Legend of this football club!

On Sunday I knew CL was unlikely but this was the only thing I really wanted to happen, great achievement for him to go with the many other things he's achieved for us! Scored record 11 in a row, PL winner, 4 PL player of the month awards, football writers player of the season, PL player of the season, scored at tournament for England, scored in CL for Leicester, consistently scored goals in PL 5 seasons in a row, PL 100 club member and now PL golden boot winner!

If this guy don't deserve a statue when he retires who does!

On a side note still waiting for the sky sports PL 100 club programme about vardy, so far they just stuck something on youtube, kane's was ready to play that evening! I'm sure they'll focus their attention on a programme dedicated to man United's world beating season to finish 3rd! Also golden boot achievement got a mention for about 10 seconds. At least his achievements mean everything to a club like Leicester and its fans!

7 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I didn’t see it but What goals was left out? I thought they show all 100 goals 

They don't have time to show all 100. Probably showed maybe 50ish.

They showed 3/5 of his 14/15 (left out burnley away and QPR home last day) that's fair, showed the other 3.

15/16 they showed a majority to be fair, didn't miss out any Id of shown.

16/17 this is where they start leaving a few out.. They put the vs big club ones in but left out some crackers - His goal vs Sunderland at home and Crystal Palace away were both quality goals that should of been in for me.

17/18 they left out his brace at the Emirates which, whilst wernt great goals, was a great performance by him and 2 cracking finishes of different variety. Also left out his 50th vs Utd that could be added.

18/19 Id only of added Everton away because it was a great finish and a great celebration. They had Watford away in BR first game for us which imo is not as good of a finish.

19/20. Left out Sheff Utd away and Man City away that Id both put in for sure.

So like maybe 7/8 goals for me Id of had in.