Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

24 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

New signing!!!

Siebe Schrijvers signs a 3,5-year deal with our club. We bought him for € 2,000,000 from Club Brugge. Schrijvers (BEL) is a 24-year-old attacking player, who can play ST, CAM and RW. This signing is a record deal for OHL. In second place is Kawin Tamsatchanan (€ 1,250,000), while Mousa Al-Tamari sits in third (€1,000,000).

Siebe came through the youth rangs of KRC Genk. He played 150 games for Genk between 2012 and 2018 and scored 25 goals. During the 2014-2015 season he was on loan at Waasland-Beveren where he was a big part of the team that fought off relegation. In the summer of 2018 Club Brugge paid € 3,000,000 for Schrijvers. In his first season for Brugge, Siebe played 38 games and scored 12 times. He was also a big part of the Club Brugge team that won the league last season. This season Schrijvers struggled to get in the team, He only played 325 minutes in 13 games (all competitions combined), It's no secret that Brugge's new manager Philip Clement isn't a big fan of Schrijvers.

This is a really big deal for our club. This shows the ambition of our club and King Power to be a title contender in the near future.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/siebe-schrijvers/leistungsdaten/spieler/208552/plus/0?saison=2020

Yeah I saw this and thought this must be a big deal. Seems quite highly rated.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yeah I saw this and thought this must be a big deal. Seems quite highly rated.

In the past it was impossible for us to sign young, Belgian players who already showed their potential in the 1st division. We could only dream about players like Siebe Schrijvers and Casper De Norre.

The future looks brighter by the day!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

In the past it was impossible for us to sign young, Belgian players who already showed their potential in the 1st division. We could only dream about players like Siebe Schrijvers and Casper De Norre.

24 years old as well, in the words of the old Soccer AM... GREAT AGE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I am super excited & happy for you guys. Having great owners is a wonderful thing !!! King Power are the best !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

i think the good start to the season you have had has really helped!

I think it might have been difficult to attract  them if you’d been struggling near the bottom..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

New signing!!!

Siebe Schrijvers signs a 3,5-year deal with our club. We bought him for € 2,000,000 from Club Brugge. Schrijvers (BEL) is a 24-year-old attacking player, who can play ST, CAM and RW. This signing is a record deal for OHL. In second place is Kawin Tamsatchanan (€ 1,250,000), while Mousa Al-Tamari sits in third (€1,000,000).

Siebe came through the youth rangs of KRC Genk. He played 150 games for Genk between 2012 and 2018 and scored 25 goals. During the 2014-2015 season he was on loan at Waasland-Beveren where he was a big part of the team that fought off relegation. In the summer of 2018 Club Brugge paid € 3,000,000 for Schrijvers. In his first season for Brugge, Siebe played 38 games and scored 12 times. He was also a big part of the Club Brugge team that won the league last season. This season Schrijvers struggled to get in the team, He only played 325 minutes in 13 games (all competitions combined), It's no secret that Brugge's new manager Philip Clement isn't a big fan of Schrijvers.

This is a really big deal for our club. This shows the ambition of our club and King Power to be a title contender in the near future.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/siebe-schrijvers/leistungsdaten/spieler/208552/plus/0?saison=2020

This is wonderful news for the club. And I can understand your excitement. He seems like a good signing. But he needs to raise his “fists raised in excitement” game. He looks like he’s just read an article on wikihow on looking excited. He looks like a distant relative of Danny Drinkwater too. Yes, I have have too time on my hands and too much Belgian, in fact, beer in my system.

• Haha 4

On 15/01/2021 at 13:03, Betelgeuze said:

The players I named were at certain age in the youth system outside Belgium. Period. There is no lie in that, so don't talk to me about getting my facts straight.

Or are you gonna say that the Ajax youth development had nothing to do with the qualities of Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Vermaelen in their career? 

Maybe read your own statement again:

"Another reason is that quite a few players got their development in the youth system outside of Belgium, which were at that time far better: Hazard (Lille) Vermaelen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen (Ajax), ..."

First of all, the fact that ALL of them got their development IN BELGIUM until they were AT LEAST 14 years old, an age where the most important part of your development has already passed, shows that the youth system outside of Belgium was not at all "far better" at that time, like you are claiming. At the age of 15-18, you already received 80% of what you will learn in the youth leagues. The overwhelming majority of top class players who actually stayed in Belgium at that time, further proves that statement is utter bollocks.

That brings us to the second part of your claim "quite a few":

Vermaelen moved to Amsterdam months before turning 18, and didn't even join the youth academy, but immediately joined the first team! Alderweireld was 15. Vertonghen was 16. Only the Hazards moved away at 14 and Eden only played in the youth academy of Lille for a measly 2 years before moving on to the first team. Chadli & Januzaj were both 16 at the time they went abroad, Naingolan was 17 and all of them debuted well before turning 20. All the rest debuted in the Belgian divisions after completing their youth training in Belgium: Courtois, Mignolet, Witsel, Defour, Fellaini, De Bruyne, Castagne, Praet, Dendoncker, Tielemans, Mertens, Lukaku, Benteke, Batshuay, Dembélé, Meunier, Kompany, Carrasco etc etc.You name 'm.

So out of an entire generation only a few of them joined a foreign youth academy, and all late to very late into their development, and after +/- 10 years in the supposedly "inferior" Belgian youth academies. In conclusion, Alderweireld and Thorgan Hazard are the only players who had their development for more than 2 years in a foreign youth academy.

As for "Or are you gonna say that the Ajax youth development had nothing to do with the qualities of Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Vermaelen in their career?" Well, to be honest, i'll say most of the work had been done for Ajax, so while i wouldn't say they had "nothing" to do with it, i will say they had as little to do with their development as possible regarding their actual youth development, yes. Ajax recognized their talent, snatched them up and finished the job. Most of what they learned at Ajax, they did not learn in the youth academy of Ajax, but as a full-fledged member of the first team. So instead of acting butthurt when someone points out the errors in your arguments, you could also try and reflect.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 1

Tonight 5th placed OH Leuven face 15th placed St.Truiden, where 3 points would move OH Leuven up to 3rd in the table.

St.Truiden have won 3 of their last 5 games, with them losing their last game against Cercle Brugge 2-1. Their best player this season has been Yuma Suzuki who has 8 goals and 2 assists in 20 league games.

Last time these 2 teams met it ended up as a 2-2 draw on 23rd November 2020.

Leicester Loanees: Kamal Sowah starts, Josh Eppiah on the bench, Filip Benkovic not in the squad - Andy King is also on the bench

New record signing Siebe Schrijvers also starts on the bench tonight.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Tough game today! Never won against STVV in the home stadium. Hopefully today is the first time!

The game will be played on astroturf by the way...

Good luck tonight. Hopefully another good result for my second team. How much was the new record signing? And is he any good?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Tonight 5th placed OH Leuven face 15th placed St.Truiden, where 3 points would move OH Leuven up to 3rd in the table.

St.Truiden have won 3 of their last 5 games, with them losing their last game against Cercle Brugge 2-1. Their best player this season has been Yuma Suzuki who has 8 goals and 2 assists in 20 league games.

Leicester Loanees: Kamal Sowah starts, Josh Eppiah on the bench, Filip Benkovic not in the squad - Andy King is also on the bench

Filip Benkovic not in the squad “ so it begins :teehee:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

26 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Tough game today! Never won against STVV in the home stadium. Hopefully today is the first time!

The game will be played on astroturf by the way...

I wonder if the astro turf is the reason why we don't see Benkovic today.

3 minutes ago, tetly said:

Good luck tonight. Hopefully another good result for my second team. How much was the new record signing? And is he any good?

We paid € 2.000.000 for Siebe Schrijvers.

Although he's only 24, he's already proven himself in the Belgian league with KRC Genk and Club Brugge. A real top signing for us!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I wonder if the astro turf is the reason why we don't see Benkovic today.

I believe it's one of the reasons he's not playing tonight. That and the fact that he's only been here a couple of days.

My guess is he'll be in the squad next week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1