Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

22 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Also, what gives with Brys and not making subs?

Not just saying that 'cos I wanna see Kingy play, it seems madness not to get fresh legs out there with such a stodgy pitch, they look absolutely out on their feet.

To be fair, the way we were playing in the second half, I wouldn't have made any subs either. Completely overpowered them from the first to the last minute there. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Webbo said:

I can only assume Benkovic is a little fragile and they didn't fancy him playing on that pitch. He's going to have to toughen up if he wants a career.

Our manager mentioned in an interview that Benkovic still needs some time to get used to our style of play.

He'll be in the team in the next couple of weeks

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bonanza said:

Our manager was mentioned in an interview that Benkovic still needs some time to get used to our style of play.

He'll be in the team in the next couple of weeks

He's got a history of going on loan to clubs and not getting any games. He won the league in Scotland so he can't be totally useless. There has to be some problem with him that we're not being told.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Our manager is known to be very patient with new players to be honest. For example, it took Jemelka and De Norre a couple of weeks to get in the team as well. It wouldn't be smart to let Benkovic play if he's not 100% ready. 

This is just my opinion, but I really think Benkovic will also be at OHL next season. The lad needs regular first team football to get back on track and looking at the opposition he faces at Leicester, it's highly unlikely he'll get regular playing time at LCFC in the near future. It makes more sense for everybody involved that Benko uses the rest of this season to get familiar with the team, our style of play and the Belgian League so he's ready to be our defensive leader next season.

Eppiah is another great example as well, as he's getting more and more time off the bench now and doing quite well (especially today). But yeah, Brys is known for not making too many changes and subs to his first eleven if there's no reason.

• Like 3

Results and standings after week 22:

Excel Moeskroen 1-1 Waasland-Beveren
Anderlecht 3-0 Charleroi
KV Kortrijk 0-2 STVV
KAS Eupen 3-1 Beerschot
KV Mechelen 0-4 Standard
Antwerp 1-0 Cercle Brugge
Club Brugge 2-1 KV Oostende
Zulte Waregem 2-3 OH Leuven
KRC Genk 1-1 KAA Gent

P   TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Club Brugge  48 22 15 4 3 45 14 31
2   KRC Genk  39 22 11 5 6 44 28 16
3   Antwerp  37 22 11 7 4 35 30 5
4   OH Leuven  35 22 10 7 5 39 36 3
5   Anderlecht  35 22 9 5 8 33 25 8
6   Standard  34 22 9 6 7 30 22 8
7   Charleroi  33 22 10 9 3 32 29 3
8   KV Oostende  32 22 9 8 5 31 28 3
9   Zulte Waregem  30 22 9 10 3 34 38 -4
10   Beerschot  30 22 9 10 3 42 48 -6
11   KAS Eupen  30 22 7 6 9 29 34 -5
12   KV Kortrijk  29 22 8 9 5 27 32 -5
13   KAA Gent  27 22 8 11 3 30 30 0
14   STVV  26 22 7 10 5 29 34 -5
15   KV Mechelen  26 22 7 10 5 32 40 -8
16   Excel Moeskroen  21 22 5 11 6 19 32 -13
17   Waasland-Beveren  20 22 5 12 5 28 48 -20
18   Cercle Brugge  19 22 6 15 1 27 38 -11

Fixtures for week 23:

Friday Jan 22th:

Anderlecht - Waasland-Beveren

Saturday Jan 23th:

KV Mechelen - KAS Eupen
STVV - Excel Moeskroen
KV Kortrijk - Cercle Brugge
Antwerp - KV Oostende

Sunday Jan 24th:

Club Brugge - KRC Genk
Zulte Waregem - Beerschot
Standard - Charleroi
OH Leuven - KAA Gent
Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1

Great win. Too bad it had to be with that "double pen" but the victory was hard fought and well deserved. I'm very happy with the determination and willpower the team showed. Something i've found missing on numerous occasions the past few months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

14 goals in his last 14 games for Henry. Quick loan over to Leicester to cover Vardy absence? 

In all seriousness though the Belgium league isn’t too bad and his record has been fantastic this season. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn up in Leicester at some stage

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

14 goals in his last 14 games for Henry. Quick loan over to Leicester to cover Vardy absence? 

i really hope you’re joking...

it would be everything wrong with football in my opinion to treat Leuven so badly...

we really need to get our own cover and not take their best player and leave them in a hole mid-season..

Edit: it’s very possible i’ve had a ‘mare here and missed some humor..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

I hope Leuven hit the “Goldilocks” spot when King Power acquired them. 

Big Money Six clubs and their plastic fans would be unable to see a “sister club” as anything other than a means to an end.  Small clubs would have too little to offer in terms of resources.  KP has real resources (and experience elevating a historically middling club).  And City fans should be able to appreciate OHL as a club with its own history and fans much like ourselves, rather than as a strip mine.

Of course I may be seeing this too idealistically as a likely win-win.

But at the very least -- we’re decent enough to know it’s unthinkable to pump your sister.  :dry:

• Like 3