Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

there would be an issue if both qualify for the same UEFA competition as unlike RB, where technically Leipzig and Salzburg are owned by different companies, LCFC and OHL are owned by the same parent company, I wonder what the plan is

Results and standings after week 20:

Zulte Waregem 1-0 Excel Moeskroen
KV Kortrijk 2-1 KRC Genk
Cercle Brugge 1-2 KAS Eupen
KV Oostende 3-2 Charleroi
KV Mechelen 3-0 Antwerp
Beerschot 1-1 KAA Gent
OH Leuven 1-0 Anderlecht
STVV 1-2 Club Brugge
Standard 3-1 Waasland-Beveren

P   TEAM PTS GP W L D GF GA GD
1   Club Brugge  42 20 13 4 3 40 13 27
2   KRC Genk  38 20 11 4 5 43 25 18
3   Charleroi  33 20 10 7 3 32 25 7
4   OH Leuven  32 20 9 6 5 35 31 4
5   Anderlecht  32 20 8 4 8 30 23 7
6   Antwerp  31 20 9 7 4 33 30 3
7   Beerschot  29 19 9 8 2 40 41 -1
8   KV Kortrijk  29 20 8 7 5 26 28 -2
9   KV Oostende  28 19 8 7 4 27 24 3
10   Standard  28 20 7 6 7 25 22 3
11   Zulte Waregem  27 20 8 9 3 27 34 -7
12   KAA Gent  26 20 8 10 2 29 28 1
13   KV Mechelen  23 20 6 9 5 31 36 -5
14   KAS Eupen  23 19 5 6 8 23 32 -9
15   STVV  20 20 5 10 5 24 33 -9
16   Waasland-Beveren  19 20 5 11 4 26 42 -16
17   Cercle Brugge  18 19 6 13 0 26 35 -9
18   Excel Moeskroen  17 20 4 11 5 16 31 -15

Fixtures for week 21:

Friday Jan 15th:

KAS Eupen -

Anderlecht

Saturday Jan 16th:

KV Oostende - KV Kortrijk
EXcel Moeskroen - KRC Genk
Waasland-Beveren - Zulte Waregem
Charleroi - KV Mechelen

Sunday Jan 17th

KAA Gent - Antwerp
Cercle Brugge - Standard
Beerschot - Club Brugge
STVV - OH Leuven
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

there would be an issue if both qualify for the same UEFA competition as unlike RB, where technically Leipzig and Salzburg are owned by different companies, LCFC and OHL are owned by the same parent company, I wonder what the plan is

Well probably take it in turns to bow out of the champions league on alternate seasons with us winning it one year and them winning it the next.

Edited by gw_leics772

The rules according to UEFA:

2D8AACB4-8650-4F2A-AC5C-14F97FAACF35.jpeg
Hopefully the owners have a plan in place if both team should qualify for the same competition. I think looking at the rules as they are both clubs would not be allowed to compete in the same competition without some structural change.

Edited by Aus Fox

16 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The rules according to UEFA:

Hopefully the owners have a plan in place if both team should qualify for the same competition. I think looking at the rules as they are both clubs would not be allowed to compete in the same competition without some structural change.

Don't think it'll be an issue.

1229388048_ScreenShot2021-01-12at9_03_25PM.png.26170caf2981334b3e50519704d81bb3.png

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Don't think it'll be an issue.

1229388048_ScreenShot2021-01-12at9_03_25PM.png.26170caf2981334b3e50519704d81bb3.png

Those two are under different ownership, I believe and someone more knowledgeable might correct me here, but Red Bull (the company) is the majority shareholder at Leipzig, whilst at Salzburg it is their primary sponsor but not the owner.

They did for a time share some executives, but they restructured so this wasn’t the case before they both competed in Europe.

This is very different to our situation where the King Power group owns both clubs.

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Now I know Kingy is number 8 I can finally sort out buying a Leuven shirt!

I had the same thought today, went onto their website, and decided I'm not ready!  Navigating the personalization thing in Dutch/Flemish (?) is above my pay grade.

Need intrepid pioneers like you to show them the demand, so a Kingy shirt becomes a click-and-buy option.

2 hours ago, BlackFox said:

It's not the same. On paper Leipzig and Salzburg are owned by different companies.

I think you'll find the are both still very much owned by Redbull, Leipzig is owned RasenballSport Leipzig GmbH and Salzburg by by Red Bull GmbH. However RasenballSport Leipzig GmbH is owned by Redbull GmbH.

They just had to prove to Uefa during a investigation in 2017 that they were ran independently, they also had to make governance and structural changes as per Uefa instruction.

Leicester City and OHL would have to go thorught the same process.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think you'll find the are both still very much owned by Redbull, Leipzig is owned RasenballSport Leipzig GmbH and Salzburg by by Red Bull GmbH. However RasenballSport Leipzig GmbH is owned by Redbull GmbH.

They just had to prove to Uefa during a investigation in 2017 that they were ran independently, they also had to make governance and structural changes as per Uefa instruction.

Leicester City and OHL would have to go thorught the same process.

All this is hypothetical until both clubs actually qualify for the same UEFA club competition anyway

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

I had the same thought today, went onto their website, and decided I'm not ready!  Navigating the personalization thing in Dutch/Flemish (?) is above my pay grade.

Need intrepid pioneers like you to show them the demand, so a Kingy shirt becomes a click-and-buy option.

Google chrome auto translate is how I am manging!

The main issue I am having is that now because we are no longer in the EU shipping is €45, where as if we were still in the EU it would be €20

So I will most likely wait until a time when I can finally go to a match and get one then haha

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Now I know Kingy is number 8 I can finally sort out buying a Leuven shirt!

6 hours ago, KingsX said:

This is awkward... he's actually number 84... hope you haven't already bought one :(

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This is awkward... he's actually number 84... hope you haven't already bought one :(

I was just thinking looking at the picture there might be another number to the right!

Edited by shen