Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

12 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

Is it just me or is Leuven kind of like one of those teams you never see win yet pick up enough points to stay in the league? 

Based on them having won 10 games this season and being in 7th with a loss here, I'm gonna go with a probably not? 

• Like 1

Well that was painful viewing. I'll give Romo the benefit of the doubt for the first goal, it looked savable to me but he was shocking for the second. You're definitely going to need a better keeper next season. 

I know I'm biased but I thought Kingy looked neat and tidy, kept the ball moving quickly, hardly wasted a ball.

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well that was painful viewing. I'll give Romo the benefit of the doubt for the first goal, it looked savable to me but he was shocking for the second. You're definitely going to need a better keeper next season. 

I know I'm biased but I thought Kingy looked neat and tidy, kept the ball moving quickly, hardly wasted a ball.

Romo is a good goalkeeper. I don't think we'll need a new one for next season. But I have to agree, the second goal was 100% his fault.

King did a very decent job in difficult circumstances. Hopefully he'll get more minutes from now on!

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 2

Results and standings after week 23:

Anderlecht 0-0 Waasland-Beveren
KV Mechelen 3-0 KAS Eupen
STVV 0-2 Excel Moeskroen
KV Kortrijk 1-2 Cercle Brugge
Antwerp 1-2 KV Oostende
Club Brugge 3-2 KRC Genk
Zulte Waregem 0-3 Beerschot
Standard 3-2 Charleroi
OH Leuven 0-3 KAA Gent

Ploeg PTN M M+ M- M= D+ D- D+/-
1   Club Brugge  51 23 16 4 3 48 16 32
2   KRC Genk  39 23 11 6 6 46 31 15
3   Antwerp  37 23 11 8 4 36 32 4
4   Standard  37 23 10 6 7 33 24 9
5   Anderlecht  36 23 9 5 9 33 25 8
6   KV Oostende  35 23 10 8 5 33 29 4
7   OH Leuven  35 23 10 8 5 39 39 0
8   Charleroi  33 23 10 10 3 34 32 2
9   Beerschot  33 23 10 10 3 45 48 -3
10   KAA Gent  30 23 9 11 3 33 30 3
11   Zulte Waregem  30 23 9 11 3 34 41 -7
12   KAS Eupen  30 23 7 7 9 29 37 -8
13   KV Mechelen  29 23 8 10 5 35 40 -5
14   KV Kortrijk  29 23 8 10 5 28 34 -6
15   STVV  26 23 7 11 5 29 36 -7
16   Excel Moeskroen  24 23 6 11 6 21 32 -11
17   Cercle Brugge  22 23 7 15 1 29 39 -10
18   Waasland-Beveren  21 23 5 12 6 28 48 -20

Fixtures for week 24:

Tuesday Jan 26th:

Waasland-Beveren - KV Mechelen
KAS Eupen - Antwerp
Excel Moeskroen - Anderlecht

Wednesday Jan 27th:

KRC Genk - Zulte Waregem
Beerschot - KV Kortrijk
KAA Gent - STVV
Charleroi -

OH Leuven

Thursday Jan 28th:

Cercle Brugge - Club Brugge
KV Oostende - Standard
  • Like 2

On 25-1-2021 at 18:37, MPH said:

Hope Iversen being recalled by Leicester doesn’t come back to Haunt Leuven...

will be difficult to see anyone blocking an easy path straight to first team football for Benkovic now...

In my opinion, between Romo and Iversen: Iversen is the best goalkeeper. So I was quite dissapointed when he left.

But to be honest, can't say Romo didn't do a good job (he has very good reflexes on the line), but is weak point is that he never grabs the balls but instead punches them away. This actually led to the second goal in our last game againt Gent. 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2021 at 21:49, Bonanza said:

Romo is a good goalkeeper. I don't think we'll need a new one for next season. But I have to agree, the second goal was 100% his fault.

King did a very decent job in difficult circumstances. Hopefully he'll get more minutes from now on!

For anybody questioning this, just go back and watch some of the match highlights you'll see that Romo was excellent when he came in after Iversens injury, he made it very hard for the coach to drop him and you can fully understand why he kept his place. Unfortunately, Iversen is at a stage of his development where he can't afford to sit on the bench and wait for his chance (its far harder for a keeper to force their way into the lineup than an outfield player) so it was the right decision all round to let Iversen come back and facilitate his loan move out to Preston where he's already getting invaluable game-time and experience. Unless Romo now has a significant drop off in form I don't see why he'd need replacing, though I'm sure they will of course be looking at bringing in a replacement for Iversen to provide back-up and a bit of healthy competition.

• Like 1

Tonight 7th placed OH Leuven face 9th placed Charleroi, where 3 points would move OH Leuven up to 4th in the table.

Charleroi have lost all 5 of their last 5 games, with a 2-1 defeat away to Standard Liege last time out. Their best player this season has been Ryota Morioka, who has 2 goals and 7 assists so far this season, mainly playing as a centre mid.

Last time these 2 teams met, it was the 3rd league game of the season where Charleroi ran out 3-1 winners, with OH Leuvens goal coming from Mercier.

Leicester Loanees: Kamal Sowah starts, Filip Benkovic on the bench, Josh Eppiah not in the squad - Andy King is on the bench

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1