Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

On 28/03/2021 at 15:21, The People's Hero said:

There seems to be far too many keepers in our youth set ups. Am I right?

On 28/03/2021 at 15:26, lcfc sheff said:

Yeah it does seem there’s an obsession with them. Everyone talks about how highly rated each goalkeeper is but we have like 5 of them 😂

My nephew is a GK in the U11 academy.

Anyone who blocks his progress needs moving on lol

• Haha 3

Just now, Foxxed said:

It’s got everything this game.

I think it might have got a bit rough for a few minutes!

Yellow card in 79th for Cover

Red card in 80th for Abdullah

Yellow card in 82nd for Yfeko

Yellow card in 83rd for Reading player

Full Time - Leicester u18s 3-4 Reading u18s

Leicester goals: Terell Pennant, Joe Wormleighton x2

Bookings: 1 red card (Abdullah), 3 yellow cards (Marcel-Madivadua, Cover, Yfeko)

Team struggled to keep hold of a lead today, 2-0 up after 24 minutes but Reading pulled it back to 2-2 by the 41st. Went ahead 3-2 in the 53rd minute, but 2 more goals in the 2nd half for Reading condemn Leicester Under 18s to another defeat.

4 points clear of bottom placed Southampton (who have 1 game in hand) with 6 games left

Played 18, won 2, drawn 4, lost 12, scored 27, conceded 57 - Just 10 points gained this season so far.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

What’s this Chibueuze guy like? Seen he’s been making USA senior squads but doesn’t seem to get much game time with us?

That would be Chituru Odunze, Chibueze joined us in February

Odunze has played 2 games for the under 21s this season, and 4 games for the under 18s

Stolarczyk is the number 1 for the u21s and is often captain, with Odunze fighting it out with Doherty to be on the bench

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

That would be Chituru Odunze, Chibueze joined us in February

Odunze has played 2 games for the under 21s this season, and 4 games for the under 18s

Stolarczyk is the number 1 for the u21s and is often captain, with Odunze fighting it out with Doherty to be on the bench

Ah that’s my bad saw the similar name on the bench and assumed it was him. Strange situation to have a few rated goalkeepers when only one can play each week. Oliver Bosworth won academy player of the year 2 years running too?

I wonder if putting these youth teamers on the bench is a way of advertising them for loans next season? I couldn't see the Thai lad coming on today unless we were 4 up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

I wonder if putting these youth teamers on the bench is a way of advertising them for loans next season? I couldn't see the Thai lad coming on today unless we were 4 up.

they tend to be attacking players which is where we lack the most depth, would like to see Wakeling involved with the first team given his goal scoring record for U23s, especially if we keep starting both Vardy and Nacho

13 hours ago, Webbo said:

Anyone followed him much in the 23’s?

Came from France last summer right?

44 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Anyone followed him much in the 23’s?

Came from France last summer right?

He progressively got better throughout the season for the U23's. Scored and assisted a fair few. Is a technical midfielder.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2021 at 16:02, Richard said:

Ah that’s my bad saw the similar name on the bench and assumed it was him. Strange situation to have a few rated goalkeepers when only one can play each week. Oliver Bosworth won academy player of the year 2 years running too?

What happened to Oliver Bosworth?  Won academy player of the year and never seems to feature anywhere...?!?