Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wanya Marca is another to keep an eye on, I know he's already being linked with moves back to Portugal. 

presumably he and the Pennant brothers will move up to the u23s full time next season as most of their forwards will have aged out?

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

presumably he and the Pennant brothers will move up to the u23s full time next season as most of their forwards will have aged out?

Bizarrely Terell and Wanya Marcal were training with the 1st team and then have been binned off back to the U18's and not the U23's. I wonder if they were involved in that house party or just more bizarre goings on with the U23's. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bizarrely Terell and Wanya Marcal were training with the 1st team and then have been binned off back to the U18's and not the U23's. I wonder if they were involved in that house party or just more bizarre goings on with the U23's. 

With first team players coming back to fitness and our exit from the EL, maybe it was felt that they would be best served playing for the U18’s 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

With first team players coming back to fitness and our exit from the EL, maybe it was felt that they would be best served playing for the U18’s 

But they were playing for the U23's prior to going up to the 1st team training, which weakened the U23's. You'd think they'd go back there but both played U18's on Saturday rather than U23's the night before. Kian Pennant played both 😂😂😂

Under 18s lost 2-1 to West Ham under 18s today

image.png.d997e571a341031adae045ad9d73525b.png

Henry Cartwright and Daniel Obi came off the bench

Leicester took the lead in the 62nd minute through Brandon Cover, but conceded 2 goals in 2 minutes (83rd and 84th) to go on and lose 2-1

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Leicester took the lead in the 62nd minute through Brandon Cover, but conceded 2 goals in 2 minutes (83rd and 84th) to go on and lose 2-1

Is it the consequences of Brexit that we're an all UK (all English bar 1) team?

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Is there some new names on there that we haven’t seen before or just me forgetting?

16 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Is there some new names on there that we haven’t seen before or just me forgetting?

I don't know but there are definitely a couple missing that you'd have expected to feature - Kian Pennant and Ben Nelson. Especially as the 23's don't have any games coming up.

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

There seems to be far too many keepers in our youth set ups. Am I right?

Yeah it does seem there’s an obsession with them. Everyone talks about how highly rated each goalkeeper is but we have like 5 of them 😂

15 minutes ago, Shobbers said:

I don't know but there are definitely a couple missing that you'd have expected to feature - Kian Pennant and Ben Nelson. Especially as the 23's don't have any games coming up.

Pennant is away with England U16/17's. Nelson could be with Scotland youth.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, looks like he's opted against playing for Scotland as he'd previously chosen to at a younger level. Fair play to him 😂😂

I don't know what the rules are for switching, not sure when you have to make the final choice. Could be a tricky decision, more chance of being selected for the Scotland senior team versus kudos and bigger opportunities (in theory at least!) with England. Hopefully he's confident he could have a future in the England set up.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2021 at 15:03, Shobbers said:

I don't know what the rules are for switching, not sure when you have to make the final choice. Could be a tricky decision, more chance of being selected for the Scotland senior team versus kudos and bigger opportunities (in theory at least!) with England. Hopefully he's confident he could have a future in the England set up.

I love the fact he's already been on the fringes of the 1st team aged 16. For a centre half that's incredible.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Never seen him play unfortunately. We've got a few promising 16 year old. I hope we see more of Baybrooke. Decent that he's already got some minutes in the u23s as a 16 year old.

Kian Pennant could be the first striker to come through the ranks since Schlupp. Let's hope he doesn't get turned in to a left back as well 😂

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Kian Pennant could be the first striker to come through the ranks since Schlupp. Let's hope he doesn't get turned in to a left back as well 😂

Not really seen too much of him strangely. He keeps popping up on the scoresheet so here's hoping