Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

39 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Not so much a grudge....i just happen to know what he is like, i dont consider him to the right man to be in charge at development level..... and I genuinely don't like the way he treats others.

(and i am not alone in that opinion!)

In life as in business, you can do a good job and still treat other people with respect and dignity....the two things are NOT incompatible!

(Or In Beagleholes case.....you can do a bad job and treat people with no respect!)

What really happened for you to be so bitter?  Did your son get released by Beaglehole or the system?  Don't mean to be rude, just asking.

In my pursuit of finding out a bit more about Maswanhise, I have discovered this article and it seems we have a Zimbabwean wonder kid in our U16's who we are deliberately protecting to fend off bigger clubs. Wait until Beaglehole kops hold of him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.herald.co.zw/zim-gem-tipped-for-greatness-at-leicester-city/amp/

• Like 1

Maswanhise has mainly been a winger for the under 18s this season, majority of games on the left

20 youth league appearances, 13 starts, 1,207 minutes played (13.4 games), 1 goal and 6 assists

Whether he is actually a winger not a clue with how we seem to shoe horn players in different positions for the under 18s

Edited by moore_94

Just now, moore_94 said:

Maswanhise has mainly been a winger for the under 18s this season, majority of games on the left

20 appearances, 13 starts, 1,207 minutes played (13.4 games), 1 goal and 6 assists

Whether he is actually a winger not a clue with how we seem to shoe horn players in different positions for the under 18s

Fair play to the lad, he's been part of the latest cohort of academy players that Rodgers has called up to train with thr 1st team, along with Braybrooke and Wanya-Marca and he's evidently impressed enough to be picked on the bench over Ünder. 

I don't recall seeing that much of him except in the FA Cup youth game vs Exeter and he was solid but nothing special. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

What really happened for you to be so bitter?  Did your son get released by Beaglehole or the system?  Don't mean to be rude, just asking.

I think this is one of the problems with Academy football at Leicester and probably academies in general.  People just assume that because you highlight problems or do not approve of someone because of their lack of ability or the way they treat people, you must be bitter for some reason.......and the key point of the discussion gets completely ignored (ie Beaglehole is a "dinosaur" and simply not good enough to coach to the level that we need and should have been replaced a long time ago!).

In answer to your question, my son did not get released.....but i know a few parents and players very well so i am lucky to have watched and listened a lot to what has been said and what goes on.

(PS  if you read any of my other posts on this forum, you will see i am rarely negative about anything.....I just think that bloke has been "stealing a living" from us for far too long....and i dont like bullies!!)

• Like 3

Hopefully this will be us going out and nabbing up quality youth players rather than more Cole Dasilva's, the link with this Ben Grist (16 years old) hopefully suggests we are, and also that Brad Young (18 year old keeper) from Hartlepool

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

I dont think getting relegated will actually effect our recruitment much. I think the training facilities, coaches, pathway to first team football will all be more important factors. We clearly have 2/3 of those bases covered :ph34r:

It will however effect some of the development. We need our players being truly tested

Does this mean we will be booted from the Papa johns trophy though?

Edited by Lambert09

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I dont think getting relegated will actually effect our recruitment much. I think the training facilities, coaches, pathway to first team football will all be more important factors. We clearly have 2/3 of those bases covered :ph34r:

It will however effect some of the development. We need our players being truly tested

Does this mean we will be booted from the Papa johns trophy though?

No we will still be in the Papa Johns Trophy, entry to that is based on us being a Category 1 Academy

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hopefully this will be us going out and nabbing up quality youth players rather than more Cole Dasilva's, the link with this Ben Grist (16 years old) hopefully suggests we are, and also that Brad Young (18 year old keeper) from Hartlepool

And yet we chose last summer not to bother knowing the transfer rules for U18 players was changing drastically in 2021. Talk about shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

What’s this? 

From January 1st 2021 no foreign player can be signed under the age of 18 and its much harder to get a work permit for 18+ players even from European nations. 

PL clubs were busy collecting as many young foreign players for their academy as they could last summer. We weren't so bothered and yet now this summer we are going to focus heavily on bringing in players for our academy.

Okay, I’d missed this! Surely we e missed the boat, although we could snap up the young English/British content because all top academies covered with foreign players? Little optimistic that is I think! I do no only 5 under 16 have got scholarships for next year so surely need number for the 18s anyway. 

• Like 1

Guest SO1
50 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Here’s hoping we’re planning on bringing new coaching staff for the youths teams then. No point having the best youngsters playing beagleball. 

Going on third summer and no changes. 100 mil for a first team training facility is a joke. Nice golf course though.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

Going on third summer and no changes. 100 mil for a first team training facility is a joke. Nice golf course though.

Turn it into a foot golf course and get the youth kids seeing how far they can smash it up the course, great practice for Beagle-ball!

Edited by moore_94
  • Haha 3

Guest SO1
5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Turn it into a foot golf course and get the youth kids seeing how far they can smash it up the course, great practice for Beagle-ball!

Sure Top will love all those big holes in his greens.:scarf:

13 hours ago, SO1 said:

There are 2 things we know for sure...

Leicester spent a lot of money on a training ground that "looks" impressive & training facilities for football do not need a 9 hole golf course.

Quotes from Brendan in the below article are the best bit for me, shows that it isn’t just “spin the wheel and see who gets picked” when we see the young players getting rotated on the bench, there is actual thought behind it that give the youngsters a valuable experience.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-gives-first-team-5409689.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Brendan Rodgers gives first-team chance to Leicester City teenager – and son of former sprinter

Brendan Rodgers wanted to give a flavour of first-team football to Tawanda Maswanhise as the teenager bids to progress through the ranks at Leicester City.

The City boss included the 18-year-old in his matchday squad at Manchester United to give him an idea of what’s required to be a Premier League player.

Maswanhise has impressed Rodgers with his performances for City’s Under-18s, for whom he has been the top assist maker this season, primarily playing on the wing. For the past couple of weeks he has been training with the first team.

While his footballing experience is limited so far, he has pedigree as the son of a former sprinter, Jeffrey Maswanhise representing Zimbabwe in the 400m at the 1998 and 2002 Commonwealth Games.

“He’s a young player I like,” Rodgers said of the 18-year-old. “I’ve seen him playing for the Under-18s. He’s quick, he’s direct. He’s got a lot of strengths and he’s got a lot of potential, but a lot of work to do.

“Bringing in young players, like we’ve done with Luke before, it gives them the experience.

“To feel the preparation, to sit on the bench, to see the quality of the players, it gives him a flavour of the level and preparation he needs to be here. That was the idea.”

Maswanhise played his first game for the Under-23s in March as a substitute in their 3-1 defeat to West Ham.

He has spent the majority of the campaign with the Under-18s, scoring once and assisting six in 20 U18 Premier League appearances, while he also set up both goals in an FA Youth Cup win over Exeter in March.

Writing on social media after the game, Maswanhise said: "Massive win and good experience to be on the bench, many more opportunities to come."

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Although they say where we finished still yet no mention of the fact they were relegated, almost like they are trying to hide it!

Clark turned 22 in March and has 1 year left on his deal, either needs selling in the summer or a good loan move so he can improve his chances when his contract ends

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2140041/clark-it-didnt-fall-our-way

Clark: It Didn't Fall Our Way

Mitch Clark was left reflecting on what might have been for Leicester City's Development Squad following the 2-0 defeat by Liverpool Under-23s on Monday.

Two second-half goals handed the away side all three points at LCFC Training Ground in the final Premier League 2 Division 1 fixtureof the 2020/21 season.

The young Foxes finished in 12th position in the standings, having taken 22 points from 24 matches. Following their three-game unbeaten run, a positive result against the Reds proved to be a step too far.

"We said it at half-time when we came in at 0-0, we said this game's all to play for," 22-year-old Clark revealed in his post-match interview with LCFC TV.

"At 0-0, you're thinking that one goal is going to change the game and unfortunately, it fell for them. I think you expect that, though, when you're playing against Liverpool.

"Obviously, you know what the first team’s like, it comes from the academy. They’re going to be a high-pressing team that are going to keep the ball.

"We're going to have chances where we're going to clear the ball, keep ourselves in the game, and we did that at half-time."

With the contest still in the balance, Ben Woodburn's strike on the hour mark gave the visitors a crucial lead, and as City fought to gain a foothold in the game, Liverpool struck again late on via substitute Kaide Gordon.

"Obviously, in the second half, it just didn't go our way," Clark admitted. "It just didn't go quite to plan. Especially with the wind, we thought, with the wind, it would fall into our favour, but it just didn't unfortunately and we paid for it.

"I think when you go 1-0 down, as a defender, you can be quite a nuisance up top, but it just didn’t go to plan for us and unfortunately, we've lost."

The result brought to an end an up and down season for the Aston Villa academy graduate, who spent time at Sky Bet League 2 side Port Vale before an injury-disrupted second part of the campaign.

He still managed to make 13 Premier League 2 appearances for Leicester and provided valuable experience in a young squad. 

Clark added: "Reflecting individually, obviously, I was out on loan for the first half of the season, then I ruptured my ankles just before January.

"Being one of senior players in the age groups, all I thought was to help the younger lads out to keep them in the league and help them gain experience."