Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Brandon Cover is going to be the bollocks by the way

https://www.premierleague.com/match/61880/u18-premier-league/2020-21/leicester-v-spurs

Prem website has him having played in defence today (although I don't trust the formation given by the Prem website at all)

Those in the supposed "back 3" are all very promising players

Edited by moore_94

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.premierleague.com/match/61880/u18-premier-league/2020-21/leicester-v-spurs

Prem website has him having played in defence today (although I don't trust the formation given by the Prem website at all)

Those in the supposed "back 3" are all very promising players

I imagine he was playing wing back and Godsmark-Ford was at CB. Cover has always been an attacking midfielder but can play almost anywhere from what I've found out.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I imagine he was playing wing back and Godsmark-Ford was at CB. Cover has always been an attacking midfielder but can play almost anywhere from what I've found out.

Quite looking forward to seeing what some of these lads can do, bin a crap season by all accounts but some of these under 18s do look pretty talented

Hopefully they don't get stifled next season as I imagine a lot of them will step up to the under 23s

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Odd that it’s 2 lads that didn’t feature while we had so many get first team minutes 

I think Nelson would have featured more  in the Europa league squads but got injured. He was on the bench against Zorya. 

Will be interesting to see how his career progresses next season.

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I am really hoping he can be involved and gets some good game time with us next season

No doubt if he was someone we were trying to sign, 8 goals and 6 assists this season and just turned 21, that is someone we would be happy to see come in and play

He'd have cost us £10-12m. He is exactly the sort of extra attacking options we badly need in this squad. Impact players who are very progressive and will hopefully learn from the talent we have here. Cannot wait to see him, he is rapid and we badly need more pace. He's often still running at max speed in the closing minutes of games like Barnes does and that's where we often hurt teams.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd have cost us £10-12m. He is exactly the sort of extra attacking options we badly need in this squad. Impact players who are very progressive and will hopefully learn from the talent we have here. Cannot wait to see him, he is rapid and we badly need more pace. He's often still running at max speed in the closing minutes of games like Barnes does and that's where we often hurt teams.

I noticed on his stats he general plays the full 90, which show he has a good engine. 

Can't help but feel him and KDH could be a real boost for the squad like Barnes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Looks two-footed, if favouring the left. Anyone know?

I meant, Sowah looks....

As far as left footers go, whom often seem to think they'll instantly die like a bee does when they use their one and only sting if they use their right peg, he does seem way more balanced in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've seen Sowah have some very average games for OHL. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for him. 

He has also had some very good games. He has just turned 21, can't expect him to play 8/10 every game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've seen Sowah have some very average games for OHL. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for him. 

Yes he's very erratic, his form in 2021 has largely been quite mediocre compared to the first half of the season. What we need him for next season though is to give us an option in the final stages of games, we've very little option in players who can keep opposition pinned back which has seen us have to shut games down 2nd half a lot this season, something that's worked OK but if there's like for like pressing and front footed players on the bench then it makes it much easier to keep turning the screw on teams.

His unpredictability will be worth one of the 9 sub slots, instead of giving it to a 4th defender like we've had to this season.

He might shine with better coaching, better facilities and better players around him. Then again, maybe he won't. Nothing would surprise me with Sowah. Coming here, staying at OHL or even sold. I'll trust the club to make the right decision. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes he's very erratic, his form in 2021 has largely been quite mediocre compared to the first half of the season. What we need him for next season though is to give us an option in the final stages of games, we've very little option in players who can keep opposition pinned back which has seen us have to shut games down 2nd half a lot this season, something that's worked OK but if there's like for like pressing and front footed players on the bench then it makes it much easier to keep turning the screw on teams.

His unpredictability will be worth one of the 9 sub slots, instead of giving it to a 4th defender like we've had to this season.

I think this sentence also ties in with Leuven in general last season, they were brilliant first half of the season and looked on for European football, then Sowah and the rest of them all seemed to just go off the boil massively

His pace on the ball could do a lot of damage for us next season, at times some of his assists have been brilliant pick outs as well, his ability to get past players and get the ball to someone in space could help us out massively next season

• Like 1