Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

16 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

23000 x 70 =1.6 million then deduct 10 years of mutual "it seemed " love, i hope the club think its worth it. 

Be a bit less when you factor in the concessions for kids and pensioners. 

Do we need £1m to £1.5m that badly? Scary if we do! 

I have emailed the club this morning, only ever once done this before and that was because there was an issue with my season ticket that they weren't sorting out.

For those wanting to attend games, I imagine you'll be able to attend at least half of them of them, as they'll be thousands who aren't interested in going when it's at 20%-30%.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Is this system been thought through just by the club or is this happening at all PL clubs?

Clubs are handling it individually.

I think someone previously commented that Man City aren’t charging their STH for this year, just balloting the games without charge and then pay the single ticket price. 

2 minutes ago, Fox96 said:

Clubs are handling it individually.

I think someone previously commented that Man City aren’t charging their STH for this year, just balloting the games without charge and then pay the single ticket price. 

Ahh well that certainly takes the piss then. Literally got us ST holders by the bollocks.

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I have emailed the club this morning, only ever once done this before and that was because there was an issue with my season ticket that they weren't sorting out.

For those wanting to attend games, I imagine you'll be able to attend at least half of them of them, as they'll be thousands who aren't interested in going when it's at 20%-30%.

I’m expecting it to go that way, 

If there’s a poor take up and you’re continually having to pay out £40-£50 a game that’s going to add up! 

Guest Markyblue

There's no way the club don't monitor sites like ft for feedback,  hope they are satisfied with alienating a large portion of the fan base. 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Me neither. Essentially, you are being asked to pay £70 for the chance to take part in a lottery. Should you win, you have to pay an inflated price for a much inferior product/service. Should the previously supplied product not return or you fail to win the lottery to allow you to give them even more money, then you nevertheless forfeit your previously paid £70 fee/chance. All this without any real regard for these supposedly valued people's health.

What a poor way to treat supporters. I can understand a nominal fee to enable the club to evaluate numbers of people wishing to retain their seats this year but I suggest that there'd be plenty of uptake from non season ticket holders to purchase inflated price tickets who consider themselves to be of lesser risk of serious illness or worse.

For those suggesting that we shouldn't be ungrateful towards our great and benevolent owners, let's not forget that this journey has been a two way street. They are business people who have profited well out of all this and good luck to them, I don't in anyway resent it. During the journey, they have received, as a company, far more international and homeland publicity than they could of ever imagined and subsequently made a bundle and their share prices soared. Good luck to them too, I am genuinely pleased for them. Nobody knows exactly what the other financial ramifications have been, good or bad for them during this heady period but I seriously doubt they are out of profit. They have shown ambition in building a new state of the art training ground but, lets not forget, this is by way of a loan which will have to be paid back. They are not doing any of this however because of their love of a bunch of previously unknown people/supporters, they are business people with a purpose and anyone thinking otherwise has to be incredibly nieve. I'm not saying that people have been completely 'bought' by the odd cream donut or plastic bottle of warm cheap beer but, those gestures could also be seen by the more cynical as mere softeners. Personally, I don't go to the football for a bit of cheap tat, I go for the main product, the dream and the team and players you try and buy into. At the moment, loyal supporters it seems are being asked to pay a substantial amount of their money purely on a gamble to see a vastly inferior product. This ethical company is also implicitly saying that if you don't pay up, then you lose the right to continue to pay us more money in the future to get the full product, albeit that you've probably previously invested into this company for decades.

I agree. I just do not like the idea the club is using fear factor of loosing your season tickets.

Guest Markyblue

For the best part of fifty years ive followed this club, through heartbreak anguish and ecstasy,  i sometimes wonder if its worth it when cheap shots like this happen,  it's not the money it's the cack handed way its been delivered,  almost a pay it or lose your place ultimatum,  they will get my 70 quid and increase my thoughts that modern football stinks.

12 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

For the best part of fifty years ive followed this club, through heartbreak anguish and ecstasy,  i sometimes wonder if its worth it when cheap shots like this happen,  it's not the money it's the cack handed way its been delivered,  almost a pay it or lose your place ultimatum,  they will get my 70 quid and increase my thoughts that modern football stinks.

Ditto

• Like 2

So in a worse case scenario and the whole season is played at reduced capacity. Our initial payments are non refundable. 

So for me and my 2 kids, under normal circumstances the cost of our season tickets would be £505. 1 adult, 1 U16 and 1 U10. Over a full 19 game season this works out at £26.50 per game.

Sticking to the worse case scenario, let’s say we have paid the £110 for the privilege of entering the ballot and we get 4 category A games over the season, each time being allocated tickets in the west stand. This will then cost me £92 per game after they add the admin fee. So £92 x 4 = £368 + £110 = £478.

So 4 games could potentially cost me £119.50 per game instead of my normal £26.50. I know this is a worse case scenario but this is absolutely ludicrous. 

• Like 1

I’ve always defended players earning what they do...after all it’s a free market and most of it comes from TV deals rather than ticket sales. However this whole money grab for £35 from members and £70 from season ticket holders at a time many are likely to either lose their job, or at least have the threat of it hanging over them, has made me question the ethics of modern football in a way I’ve not done before. Probably not helped by seeing most of the premier league playing squad living it up in the sun sipping champagne when the majority have had holidays cancelled etc.

The whole situation just doesn’t feel right and I hope the club look at it again. If we do genuinely need the cash that badly then come out and tell us and maybe ask the playing squad to help out too. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, rn9013 said:

I’ve always defended players earning what they do...after all it’s a free market and most of it comes from TV deals after all. However this whole money grab for £35 from members and £70 from season ticket holders at a time many are likely to either lose their job, or at least have the threat of it hanging over them, has made me question the ethics of modern football in a way I’ve not done before. Probably not helped by seeing most of the premier league playing squad living it up in the sun sipping champagne when the majority have had holidays cancelled etc.

The whole situation just doesn’t feel right and I hope the club look at it again. If we do genuinely need the cash that badly then come out and tell us and maybe ask the playing squad to help out too. 

Are they short of funds?

Is the idea that fans help to make up any deficit of match day revenues?

Did we see our players take a pay cut?

Have the Executive taken a pay cut?

Perhaps those attending will get a free donut.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

So... if you happen to be lucky enough (presuming it's a random draw) and get tickets for every game. You pay about £300 more than the cost of your actual season ticket..... BARGAIN. lol

You can’t get tickets for every game, you can only see 1 game in a ballot cycle which will probably mean you will see 1 in 3 games 

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Is this system been thought through just by the club or is this happening at all PL clubs?

Each club are doing it differently 

Man City are going the no up front. only pay pro rata, season ticket deferred till next season for free if you don’t want to attend this season 

West Ham are charging the full season ticket amount upfront or 4 monthly instalments with a £30 admin charge on top and then refunding on a pro rata basis within 30 days of the fixture that hasn’t been attended 

I am suffering with a weird sort of schadenfreude over this, not because I think it's fair or any of you deserve this, but more because people thought their loyalty meant anything to number crunchers. When the chips are down, you/I/we are just collateral in all this. It ain't funny but it's not a surprise, to me anyway.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am suffering with a weird sort of schadenfreude over this, not because I think it's fair or any of you deserve this, but more because people thought their loyalty meant anything to number crunchers. When the chips are down, you/I/we are just collateral in all this. It ain't funny but it's not a surprise, to me anyway.

I thought our club was different....i was wrong. 😔

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

I thought our club was different....i was wrong. 😔

They get plenty right, but money is an emotive and difficult issue at the best of times, and, like with the replica kits etc, they know which side their bread is buttered - they see us coming.

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

They get plenty right, but money is an emotive and difficult issue at the best of times, and, like with the replica kits etc, they know which side their bread is buttered - they see us coming.

Agreed. But ticketing again is what let’s the club down. I’d argue though that this is the first time many season ticket holders are experiencing first hand the ticketing rip-off that members have to tolerate every year.

If there can be any positive from this it’s that I hope the ticketing shambles at our club is highlighted more widely. Edit: but I won’t hold my breath 

Edited by rn9013