Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

Considering the pandemic, uncertainty over finances, and the financial position of King Power, I think this is a fair scheme.

I will be paying up and going to see matches again. The ballot system means everyone gets to pick and choose which games they prefer, and guarantees that all get some matches.

It will be a strange atmosphere in a stadium 1/3 full, with many away from their usual spot, but at least it is live games, and groups of up to six can ballot together.

The ballot provisionally starts in October so needs to close the scheme quickly in order to know numbers. Count me in.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I wonder if this 70 quid will give you access to watch the games online? Find it odd they are doing a behind closed doors game at Loughbrough uni live wonder if they are trailing it... 

Think that would soften the blow a little if you could watch the games via the website. 

Think that might be out of the club's control. 

If they said £70 would give you access to games you can't physically watch that may soften the blow but it's not the club's decision - it'd be the Premier League and Sky/BT calling the shots there. 

4 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Considering the pandemic, uncertainty over finances, and the financial position of King Power, I think this is a fair scheme.

I will be paying up and going to see matches again. The ballot system means everyone gets to pick and choose which games they prefer, and guarantees that all get some matches.

It will be a strange atmosphere in a stadium 1/3 full, with many away from their usual spot, but at least it is live games, and groups of up to six can ballot together.

The ballot provisionally starts in October so needs to close the scheme quickly in order to know numbers. Count me in.

Not sure it's as straightforward as that. It does say in the article the more times you go in the ballot the more likely you are to be chosen. If you 'pick and choose' the games then it's less likely you'll be picked (how it then becomes a random ballot I don't know). But I think that's where people's frustrations lie. What if you don't feel comfortable going and therefore don't feel comfortable going in to the ballot? Then you have to pay £70 for the privilege to choose not to go to the games but make sure you're still having your ST for 21/22. There's some who may not be able to prioritise or afford £70 (it's a small fee to some, not so much others after furlough/job losses etc) or in shielding category. 

I don't think it's the worst scheme they could have thought of BUT it could have been a whole lot better and fairer.

Frustrating - the scheme could have easily been:

- your usual monthly direct debut price as a first instalment and commitment to the season as a STH, or £20 as a member.
- if you win the ballot as a STH, you pay 1/19th of the ST value of the area you are sat in for that match, therefore keeping the price architecture of the stadium.

- if you win the ballot as a member you pay the usual MD ticket price.

- your first direct debit instalment is deducted from the final ST value at close of season if season resumes at full capacity.

- if season does not resume at full capacity in 20/21, then it rolls over to 21/22.

it takes 10 minutes to come up with a fairer solution which benefits the club and its supporters rather than just the club. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

I would hope if we do go to a game it will come out of the £70

Incorrect, you will pay match day ticket prices out of your own pocket, and if we resume at full capacity before the end of the season, your £70 will be deducted from the final value of your ST. If we do not resume at full capacity your £70 is pocketed by the club.

3 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

The website is noting the season ticket holders/members name will be on the online ticket and is non transferable with ID checks being carried out.

What about family or friends who share season tickets and possibly travel a fair distance to games?

You're not legally supposed to share tickets so I guess it'll only be for the named owner.

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Think that might be out of the club's control. 

If they said £70 would give you access to games you can't physically watch that may soften the blow but it's not the club's decision - it'd be the Premier League and Sky/BT calling the shots there. 

Not sure it's as straightforward as that. It does say in the article the more times you go in the ballot the more likely you are to be chosen. If you 'pick and choose' the games then it's less likely you'll be picked (how it then becomes a random ballot I don't know). But I think that's where people's frustrations lie. What if you don't feel comfortable going and therefore don't feel comfortable going in to the ballot? Then you have to pay £70 for the privilege to choose not to go to the games but make sure you're still having your ST for 21/22. There's some who may not be able to prioritise or afford £70 (it's a small fee to some, not so much others after furlough/job losses etc) or in shielding category. 

I don't think it's the worst scheme they could have thought of BUT it could have been a whole lot better and fairer.

I understood the line on the more times you enter, the "more times you will be chosen" to mean that more ballots is more entries, with each having the same probability. A bit like buying multiple lottery tickets. 

It also says that those successful in one cycle would be less successful in another. I think that it means the tickets will be shared evenly between those that enter, which is a subset of all ST holders.

In any case, I am in.

Edited by foxinsox

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Just to confirm, if you are successful in the ballot then the match ticket offered will be at FULL price and not the pro-rata price per match that your Season Ticket costs?? 

Correct, let’s say this goes on all season. 

£70 upfront,  6 ballot wins x £50 tickets and I’m £30 - £40 short of what I would pay for  a 18 game season ticket. :S

30 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

The website is noting the season ticket holders/members name will be on the online ticket and is non transferable with ID checks being carried out.

What about family or friends who share season tickets and possibly travel a fair distance to games?

That's not technically allowed lol

My older brother has a disabled ST and requires a carer to go with him, currently my Grandad is the carer and his ST is free of charge. So my brother will have to pay £70 to secure his ST for the remainder on the season and beyond but what about my Grandad? Will his ST be safe as long as my brother pays the £70?

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

My older brother has a disabled ST and requires a carer to go with him, currently my Grandad is the carer and his ST is free of charge. So my brother will have to pay £70 to secure his ST for the remainder on the season and beyond but what about my Grandad? Will his ST be safe as long as my brother pays the £70?

I guess so, but I would email the club just to be sure. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

In FAQS

I am a supporter with a disability and I am trying to renew both mine and my Personal Assistants Season Ticket but it doesn’t seem to allow me to do this?

As a supporter with a disability, you will only need to make sure that you renew your own Season Ticket. If you are successful in a particular ballot, you will be required to select two seats as this will allow you to purchase a ticket for yourself and claim your free Personal Assistant ticket to be seated next to you.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Livid said:

Correct, let’s say this goes on all season. 

£70 upfront,  6 ballot wins x £50 tickets and I’m £30 - £40 short of what I would pay for  a 18 game season ticket. :S

Grim that. How can people think one free beer every two seasons can justify this? 

• Like 1

They can well and truly **** off with this absolute brain fart of a scheme. 

Rinsing the fans for 16 weeks of Slimanis wages for absolutely nothing. 

So 15 years as a St holder and my loyalty needs to be confirmed by making a £70 payment. 

Just when I didn't need anymore reasons to **** off modern football. 

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

It's like were having to pay a retainer to keep us as ST Holders, We're fans not customers we're not going to clear off to some other club.

I haven't bought a single match ticket for years (only cup games) so I don't look too closely at the categories but I assume they are still there. You may well get all the bigger games but have to pay much more to attend as they'll be in the highest priced category. Plus prices differ in parts of the stadium.

This won't go smoothly at all.

• Like 1