Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

Guest Markyblue
57 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Why should the club and king Power for that matter,take all the pain.Dig deep and help.

The club are about to make 50 million plus on chilwell and king power group are worth billions....ill take some of that pain.

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

Why should the club and king Power for that matter,take all the pain.Dig deep and help.

If they don’t get rid of this £70 up front charge just so I can keep myself in with a chance of keeping my season ticket for 21/22 then I’m not bothering. I can afford it quite comfortably, but I’m not having the piss taken out of me. **** ‘em.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tell a fan whose in his 70s, been watching us for years but has to shield from COVID. Want £70 from ya 

First time I read the OS I thought it was worded as you don’t need to pay£70 if you don’t want to attend match by match games, but will retain your seat for when at full capacity but as you say it’s not that, it is pay up or lose your season ticket.

****ing stinks if you ask me.

I cannot see a full capacity game before May, if anything come winter they’ll put more rules in when the cases go up again. So football will go back to closed doors.

I actually think the club have got it almost right. Apart from the £70 being non-refundable. If they revised it so that it carries over to next season or beyond if they have to operate indefinitely on a reduced capacity, then I think that it would be as good a solution as possible.

I don't mind so much having to pay normal match day prices so much, as the club have to recoup some money sonehow from what they will be losing from attendances being about 70% down for maybe the whole season. Its only what non season ticket holders have to always pay anyway. 

One problem they need to to overcome is how to determine how many of those that pay the retainer are actually intending to enter the ballot, because they need to know that before they know the length of each game cycle.

The worst thing about all this is that it splits the fanbase and nobody is in the wrong- I respect everyone's decision. If people want to pay- fine. If people don't- fine. Nobody asked for this situation and people are left with a difficult choice either way.

Read somewhere that the club have frozen standard season ticket prices for the past five years. Nobody likes paying more for anything but we need to get some perspective in these difficult times if this is correct. Whatever the club does not everyone will be happy.

Think it would be worth looking at how other clubs are managing their season ticket renewals to further gauge how awful the clubs plan is here (there’s no doubting they’ve failed miserably with these proposals).

First one I’ve looked at is West Ham.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/july/28-july/update-202021-season-ticket-renewal-options

Looks like they’re charging for the full season ticket up front, with ballots in place to decide who can go as fans are allowed back.

If not successful in the ballot, you then get refunded.

Not sure that’s any better to be honest with you?

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Think it would be worth looking at how other clubs are managing their season ticket renewals to further gauge how awful the clubs plan is here (there’s no doubting they’ve failed miserably with these proposals).

First one I’ve looked at is West Ham.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/july/28-july/update-202021-season-ticket-renewal-options

Looks like they’re charging for the full season ticket up front, with ballots in place to decide who can go as fans are allowed back.

If not successful in the ballot, you then get refunded.

Not sure that’s any better to be honest with you?

Take a look at what Man City are doing. Looks good to me there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

6B285928-0E08-46F9-ACE0-E65A6A1177AD.jpeg

Well for whatever reason, I couldn’t find that on their website? 

I guess given the criticism they got over continue to charge for season tickets when games weren’t being played, this shift in approach towards their fans is more than welcome.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-season-tickets-refund-a4403706.html%3famp