Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I don't mind paying £70 if I get something back.

If I don't win the ballot but they subtract it off next season's price then I'll be happy.

If I don't win the ballot but they still expect me to pay full price next season I'll not be happy.

This 100%.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

But that’s not to say it won’t one day change. If I have a family or hit ill health or take a job opportunity abroad and stop going then I will absolutely accept I will slip down that pecking order. And if a situation arises where those in front of me in the queue can get something I can’t then I’ll have to suck it up.

No one is saying that STH shouldn't have massive priority. That's obvious, same as a regular season, STH are at the front of the queue. Your original comment basically said that members shouldn't even be in the queue.

You talk a lot about going to games regularly, and going to games before Premier League promotion (which I and I'm sure many others did too) but that doesn't mean that when everyone had the opportunity to get a ST back then that they could for whatever reason.

Edited by Fox96

2 minutes ago, adam said:

The state of them. 70 quid to enter a raffle then 35 or 40 quid a ticket. Absolute piss take. 

That’s been membership since we got promoted pretty much. Saved a lot eventually getting a season ticket. Membership used to be £90 for gold to get first priority on tickets when we first came up!  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Livid said:

I'm going to pay the £70 BUT I can't see myself entering the ballot for any reduced capacity games.

Full match prices for something far far removed from a normal match day experience, sorry I'm not that desperate to go back. 

There are some out there who are still furloughed, the economy is far from stable and I'm worried that a club that has always had the fans onside seems to be making a bit of a cash grab. Do we need the money that badly? 

Totally agree. I shall fork out 2 x £70 for me and my son's tickets merely because they've got me over a barrel and I have to if I want to go again in the future whenever that may be. I shan't however be forking out full price for a ticket because I can't necessarily afford them up front which is why I usually pay by direct debit over the year. Even if I had got the money, I still wouldn't go because quite simply,  Leicester City FC aren't worth risking my health for. The football lite we've seen on our screens, despite all the false hype, has to be honest been utter shite and should serve as a reminder to clubs, owners and players alike that without supporters, it all starts to become a little bit irrelevant after a while as do they. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

OK but firstly there's no guarantee of the grounds opening up fully and secondly what if you don't want to attend because of health reasons? Liam cited that exact reason on the previous page, so justify to him that he has to either pay £70 and not go to any games, or lose his season ticket. 

People get so blinded just because it's Leicester doing it so it's impossible to be objective.

You are right there isn’t no guarantee but I cant see there not be full capacity games by the end of the season and no I can’t justify it in Liams situation, it’s a tough situation and I wish our club could do what Man City are doing but that isn’t the case, I was just trying to explain the current situation to the best of my knowledge to help others who might be confused about the situation 

• Like 1

If the club is that skint that they feel the need to do this kind of money grab then this is concerning. I can’t believe they are basically saying you have to pay money to keep your season ticket, even if you have valid reasons why you don’t want to go back until things are safer. 

Personally I can’t see stadiums being re opened fully for a long time, with winter coming and germs will survive longer on surfaces like handrails etc... which people will touch and are more Likely to spread the disease easier in big crowds. Could spark another lockdown. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

We have 23,000 season ticket holders and will have capacity of 9,000-10,000 per match. Should those seats be filled by those who have committed to the club the cost of a season ticket and then go to anyone else thereafter? Absolutely, IMO.

It’s funny that the only people who tend to push this “we’re all equally good or loyal supporters” are those who don’t go regularly.

I’m pretty pragmatic about it. There are Leicester fans who go to every home game and every away game that are better supporters than me. As a season ticket holder and priority one on away tickets I am possibly a better supporter right now than many others.

But that’s not to say it won’t one day change. If I have a family or hit ill health or take a job opportunity abroad and stop going then I will absolutely accept I will slip down that pecking order. And if a situation arises where those in front of me in the queue can get something I can’t then I’ll have to suck it up.

We’ll agree to disagree huh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

If people are not happy all I can suggest is you email [email protected] and put your case forward, I’m sure if enough people do it the club will have no choice but to at least reconsider just like they did with the “Thailand smiles” shirts 

I will be sending an email over tomorrow, not often I do shit like this, but people with health concerns and those shielding shouldn't be forced to pay the £70. I don't really think I should be forced to either, but those with health concerns come first.

Get rid of the £70 fee and charge us pro-rota for each game we attend, even if it's a couple of quid more per game.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

You are right there isn’t no guarantee but I cant see there not be full capacity games by the end of the season and no I can’t justify it in Liams situation, it’s a tough situation and I wish our club could do what Man City are doing but that isn’t the case, I was just trying to explain the current situation to the best of my knowledge to help others who might be confused about the situation 

What’s Man City doing then?

2 hours ago, whitlock said:

They mention a ballot cycle, the way I read that is, if there are 10k season tickets but only 2k allowed to attend, they would draw the 2k and for the next game they would draw the next 2k out of the remaining 8k and so on until the cycle completes.

Annoying to have to pay £70 but it is what it is.

I'm not sure how a 'cycle' would work though because it's not the same group of people going in from the start, it sounds like you put your name forward for individual matches at least 3 weeks before the match.

I just can't believe the club have said STHs have to pay matchday prices if they win a ballot.

Let's say we start at 30% and get to 60% capacity by Christmas, you could have STHs going to about 10 games at £40+ a pop, plus the £70 fee, somehow you've managed to spend about £500 just to see half of our games when you're not allowed to sing, have no legal way of watching the other 9 games, and are in a half empty stadium?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

If people are not happy all I can suggest is you email [email protected] and put your case forward, I’m sure if enough people do it the club will have no choice but to at least reconsider just like they did with the “Thailand smiles” shirts 

Done that already.

• Like 2

Not saying the system is right by any means, but maybe now Season ticket holders will have some appreciation of what members have to go through.....

Leicester Supporter all my life, but only became available to go to every game 3 years ago due to change in working hours.

Had to endure 2 years of buying a membership, entering a ballot for every game, buying a full price ticket when selected, then hoping above hope to have enough points to be selected for a season ticket at the end of the season.

I spent nearly £1000 each season, for 2 years to see every home game, in a seat the season ticket holders next to me got for £450.

Finally got my season ticket last summer.

Again, not saying the system is right at all, but members have been dealing with a system like this for a few years now. Season ticket holders need to retain a level of perspective. I certainly am!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

What’s Man City doing then?

https://www.mancity.com/news/club/2020-21-preparations-continue-63733617

The Club anticipates that football stadia will be operating on a reduced capacity basis for at least part of the 20/21 season, subject to confirmation from the Premier League and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.

 As such, we will not be asking supporters to renew their Seasoncard or make an upfront financial commitment for the coming season.

Instead, supporters will be given the opportunity to enter a ballot for match tickets, with 19/20 Seasoncard holders given priority.

 Due to the likelihood of reduced capacity matches and in line with social distancing guidelines, stadium seating will be mapped in a pre-defined layout to ensure that supporters are able to keep a safe distance from one another in the stadium bowl.

 We understand some supporters may not wish to, or be able, return to the stadium immediately, or at any time during the 20/21 season. If that is the case, you do not need to contact the Club and we will consider your seasonal membership ‘deferred’. Please note, you will retain the option to renew your Seasoncard for the 21/22 season or at any such time that we may offer Seasoncards during the 20/21 season.

5 minutes ago, adam said:

There must be a fair chance that no fans attend this season. Especially if this corona kicks off again in the next few weeks. 23000x£70 of free money for the club. Nice. 

What makes you think that? We currently have nearly twice as many hospitals as there are COVID patients 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

What makes you think that? We currently have nearly twice as many hospitals as there are COVID patients 

Anything could happen. There seems to be talk of more and more local lockdowns. Football fans will be the first to go if there is a large rise in cases.