Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Where does it say this? It's massive article so I've probably missed it.

It is rather lengthy I agree.

See jamie82's post above (typical, it's now on the previous page!). He has quoted the relevant part 

Edited by lcfc81

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Sorry, I don’t remember Sky being free to air during the restart?

Your argument doesn’t stand up. What you’ve described is a prioritisation. You chose to move away, you prioritised spending on having a family and not going to see Leicester. All valid decisions for you to make but you shouldn’t feel aggrieved that those who have been prioritising Leicester City more recently than you should get preference.

Some of the games were on BBC, some Sky games were played for free.

Your prioritisation argument doesn’t stack up mate, to be honest you sound quite young so I’ll watch what I say. I won’t address your moving away or having kids is ‘not prioritising Leicester’ 😂 you sound a bit lacking of life experience let’s say. If you want to go down that road, I’ve supported them 14 years longer than you, you didn’t even sign up to FT till 2011, so hey why not ‘prioritise’ me over you? Cos you get to go to every game? Does that equate to more money spent all the time? Probably not in my case anyway; but my point is your argument is not well thought out and your views are pretty immature to be frank.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Where does it say that?

FAQs

Only deducted from full ticket price later, if full capacity returns this season.

If it doesnt the 70 quid is just to hold a space, the club cant sell until next season. But they would screw a loyal fan by selling their seat to someone on the waiting list next year if they refuse to pay 70 quid .

Some more FAQs I’ve seen asked on here, if you to see the entire FAQS  https://tickets.lcfc.com/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/reducedcapacity.html

If I can’t sit in my usual seat and have to pay a Matchday ticket price, could I end up paying more for a ticket in a different part of the stadium? 

This is a possibility, yes, but in order to maximise the number of fans we can admit into the stadium under social distancing requirements, the Club needs to utilise the entire stadium, meaning we cannot guarantee Season Ticket Holders their normal seats. Matchday ticket pricing ensures successful ballot applicants sitting in the same areas of the stadium pay the same price for that game.

If I win a ballot, why do I have to pay a Matchday ticket price? Why can’t it be 1/19th of my Season Ticket price? 

In order to maximise the number of fans we can admit into the stadium under social distancing requirements, the Club needs to utilise the entire stadium, meaning we cannot guarantee Season Ticket Holders their normal seats. Matchday ticket pricing ensures successful ballot applicants sitting in the same areas of the stadium pay the same price for that game.

On 10/08/2020 at 15:12, Ashley said:

Milwall for next Season. 

I imagine the same will be applied for the Premier League. 

30% of the King Power would see around 9,700 in for games.

I believe we have around 23,000 Season Ticket Holders. Depending on how they choose to decide who watches what game everyone will likely see 6 games* live next season. 

* Roughly. If my workings out are correct lol

IMG-20200810-WA0003.jpg

I was referring to this. 10% of the available match day capacity is going to members though. 

Edited by Ashley

So when it gets to full capacity with eg 10 games left and you pay the 70 quid retainer, am i right in thinking the season ticket cost, presuming it stay the same price as last year (£420) will be £22 * 10  - 70  or £150, and, will this be direct debit so the next season ticket  will be retained

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Also, why haven't they considered this. 

We are looking at around 9,700ish capacity I think if my workings out from the other thread were correct going on information in the media and so on what has been available so far.

10% will be allocated to members. 970. 

Leaves 8,730 tickets we have roughly 23,000 Season ticket Holders.

Split people into groups. We will see around 7 possibly 8 games live each then should stadia not go back to full capacity. 

they are effectively doing that with the ballots, once you have seen a game you can’t see another till others in the ballot have had an opportunity to 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Some of the games were on BBC, some Sky games were played for free.

Your prioritisation argument doesn’t stack up mate, to be honest you sound quite young so I’ll watch what I say. I won’t address your moving away or having kids is ‘not prioritising Leicester’ 😂 you sound a bit lacking of life experience let’s say. If you want to go down that road, I’ve supported them 14 years longer than you, you didn’t even sign up to FT till 2011, so hey why not ‘prioritise’ me over you? Cos you get to go to every game? Does that equate to more money spent all the time? Probably not in my case anyway; but my point is your argument is not well thought out and your views are pretty immature to be frank.

Hahaha! I’m 31. I’ve had a season ticket for 19 years. I’ve lived in Sheffield for 5 years and London for 4.5 years whilst being that season ticket holder. I’ve travelled for a 3 month period, a 4.5 month period and a 6 month period in that 19 years. I’ve kept my season ticket throughout it all because I’ve always chosen to prioritise it as an expense in my life through not wanting to lose it and showing my support to the club.

But if checking the year someone joined FoxesTalk and making wild assumptions about maturity and life experience makes you feel better about yourself then go ahead!

There was a time that to have a season ticket all you needed to do was say. Sorry to hear you jumped off that boat and can’t get back on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So when it gets to full capacity with eg 10 games left and you pay the 70 quid retainer, am i right in thinking the season ticket cost, presuming it stay the same price as last year (£420) will be £22 * 10  - 70  or £150, and,

Yes Correct 

will this be direct debit so the next season ticket  will be retained

this hasn’t been decided yet 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They literally are though. Don't pay and lose your ST/membership, even if you have no desire to go to games for health reasons for example.

They are asking you to pay £70 to retain your ST, you don’t have to enter the ballots for the reduced capacity games, you can wait till full capacity is back up and running 

So when it gets to full capacity with eg 10 games left and you pay the 70 quid retainer, am i right in thinking the season ticket cost, presuming it stay the same price as last year (£420) will be £22 * 10  - 70  or £150, and, will this be direct debit so the next season ticket  will be retained

No mention of direct debit. Assume they need cash so will just ask for the payment by a certain as yet unspecified date, so the £150 will be due in one. Its probably wise to make the usual direct debit payments to another account for when the demand it at short notice. If full capacity doesnt returns you will have saved almost the cost of next years ticket!

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

They are asking you to pay £70 to retain your ST, you don’t have to enter the ballots for the reduced capacity games, you can wait till full capacity is back up and running 

So they're making you pay to keep your spot, that's what I said.

Man City for example waived any fees and just charged pro rata for games you attend. Nothing if you don't.

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Hahaha! I’m 31. I’ve had a season ticket for 19 years. I’ve lived in Sheffield for 5 years and London for 4.5 years whilst being that season ticket holder. I’ve travelled for a 3 month period, a 4.5 month period and a 6 month period in that 19 years. I’ve kept my season ticket throughout it all because I’ve always chosen to prioritise it as an expense in my life through not wanting to lose it and showing my support to the club.

But if checking the year someone joined FoxesTalk and making wild assumptions about maturity and life experience makes you feel better about yourself then go ahead!

There was a time that to have a season ticket all you needed to do was say. Sorry to hear you jumped off that boat and can’t get back on.

Point is, I’m not looking to get back on due to current commitments, maybe in future. Doesn’t mean I have no desire to attend games when I can, it’s personal circumstances that i wouldn’t expect u to know about. Being a member you pay for the ‘chance’ to get tickets when you can go. Judging by all the ST’s on here losing their shit over the £70 scenario (which is basically the same u get as a member) I’d say it’s a pretty rough deal members get compared with ST’s. 

Your point is Members are less ‘loyal’ support so shouldn’t have *any* opportunity to get tickets this season in favour of ST’s; I’m calling you out on bullshit, basically 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

So they're making you pay to keep your spot, that's what I said.

Man City for example waived any fees and just charged pro rata for games you attend. Nothing if you don't.

Unless there is no full capacity games before the season ends in may you are paying towards your season ticket

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

No mention of direct debit. Assume they need cash so will just ask for the payment by a certain as yet unspecified date, so the £150 will be due in one. Its probably wise to make the usual direct debit payments to another account for when the demand it at short notice. If full capacity doesnt returns you will have saved almost the cost of next years ticket!

i'm not concerned about the lump sum, more about the auto renewal that comes with direct debit. One other thing. If there's a few of you that go together, how does that work with a ballot, and if it's a per person thing and say only one gets a ticket, can you turn it down and re-enter the next ballot, not being picky or anything, but i don't really want to go on m own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Point is, I’m not looking to get back on due to current commitments, maybe in future. Doesn’t mean I have no desire to attend games when I can, it’s personal circumstances that i wouldn’t expect u to know about. Being a member you pay for the ‘chance’ to get tickets when you can go. Judging by all the ST’s on here losing their shit over the £70 scenario (which is basically the same u get as a member) I’d say it’s a pretty rough deal members get compared with ST’s. 

Your point is Members are less ‘loyal’ support so shouldn’t have *any* opportunity to get tickets this season in favour of ST’s; I’m calling you out on bullshit, basically 

We have 23,000 season ticket holders and will have capacity of 9,000-10,000 per match. Should those seats be filled by those who have committed to the club the cost of a season ticket and then go to anyone else thereafter? Absolutely, IMO.

It’s funny that the only people who tend to push this “we’re all equally good or loyal supporters” are those who don’t go regularly.

I’m pretty pragmatic about it. There are Leicester fans who go to every home game and every away game that are better supporters than me. As a season ticket holder and priority one on away tickets I am possibly a better supporter right now than many others.

But that’s not to say it won’t one day change. If I have a family or hit ill health or take a job opportunity abroad and stop going then I will absolutely accept I will slip down that pecking order. And if a situation arises where those in front of me in the queue can get something I can’t then I’ll have to suck it up.