Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I don't mind paying £70 if I get something back.

If I don't win the ballot but they subtract it off next season's price then I'll be happy.

If I don't win the ballot but they still expect me to pay full price next season I'll not be happy.

You can't not win the ballot though. Its not to decide IF you go to a game in the cycle, but WHICH game within the games cycle you go to. If the games cycle is 3 games, everyone will go to 1 of those 3 games, assuming you apply for all 3. Once you 'win' a ballot, you can't enter the ballot for any of the remaining games in the cycle. If it's a 3 game cycle for the whole season, then basically everyone will get 5 or 6 games each.

This ensures everyone who pays the £70 will be able to go to at least 1 game in the cycle, as long as you apply for each game. If it's e.g. Brighton, Fulham and Liverpool in a 3 games cycle and a lot of people decide to just apply for the last game, then some will miss out. That will be the chance they take. 

Edited by Snik-Snok
  • Thanks 2

I’ll pay the £70 just to guarantee my season ticket for 21/22 season. Can’t imagine I’ll enter any ballot while it’s just 25% or whatever capacity. Would have preferred what Man City are doing. Can’t see full capacity stadiums till the spring in all honesty, pretty certain the whole season will see no away fans.

Might indulge a local non league team as I’d imagine it’ll be a lot easier to attend.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Anything could happen. There seems to be talk of more and more local lockdowns. Football fans will be the first to go if there is a large rise in cases. 

You are right anything could happen but cases are down 10% on last week and the 7 day rolling average has dropped for the 6th consecutive day in England 

As good as Man City’s plans are and As far from ideal our season ticket plans are, West Ham’s are a shambles, they want full payment upfront (if you want instalments they will spilt it into 4 monthly payments with a £30 admin charge on top) and give you a pro rata rebate for every game you don’t attend within 30 days of the fixture taking place

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

So, to break it down, we're paying £70 this year to keep our season ticket for 21/22? The £70 allows us into ballots this season where we'll pay on an individual basis for the (likely) 6 matches we'll see?

I posted this earlier in the thread 

From the FAQS 

How much will my Season Ticket cost?

The equivalent ‘full-season’ cost of Season Tickets will be exactly the same as they were for the 2019/20 season*, but the amount you actually pay for it will be reduced on a pro-rata basis depending on the number of games played at full capacity. So if your Adult Season Ticket is priced £380 and 10 of our 19 Premier League home games are played at full capacity, the price of your Season Ticket would be £200 (10 games at £20-per-game). Once your initial fee of £70 is deducted, your balance to pay would be £130. The games you see before this, while the stadium is under reduced capacity, would be paid for in addition, on a match-by-match basis. 

*Except accompanied Under-10s in the Family Stand and subject to any changes in ticket category qualification.

What is a ballot cycle? 

The ballot cycle is the number of ballots (games) it takes for the aggregate number of tickets available to Season Ticket Holders to exceed the total number of Season Ticket Holders participating in the ballot process. So, if there were four times as many Season Ticket Holders as tickets available, it would take four matches (the ballot cycle) for all Season Ticket Holders to have had access to purchase a matchday ticket. The length of the ballot cycle may vary depending on a number of factors, including the permitted capacity for home games at King Power Stadium. The higher the permitted capacity, the shorter the ballot cycle.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Albert said:

It’s £70 ffs! After everything that family has done for our club it’s honestly shameful to even suggest that their trying to rip us off.

It's a kick in the bollocks though isn't it? Every single one of us appreciates everything that family have done and will continue to do for this club, but that doesn't mean that one or two bad decisions should be exempt from criticism.

£70 x 23000 = 1.6 million, it's a drop in the ocean to them. We've just gotten 50 million from selling an academy product. I really hope they change this, they should scrap the £70 and raise the price per match ticket by a couple of quid.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Not saying the system is right by any means, but maybe now Season ticket holders will have some appreciation of what members have to go through.....

Leicester Supporter all my life, but only became available to go to every game 3 years ago due to change in working hours.

Had to endure 2 years of buying a membership, entering a ballot for every game, buying a full price ticket when selected, then hoping above hope to have enough points to be selected for a season ticket at the end of the season.

I spent nearly £1000 each season, for 2 years to see every home game, in a seat the season ticket holders next to me got for £450.

Finally got my season ticket last summer.

Again, not saying the system is right at all, but members have been dealing with a system like this for a few years now. Season ticket holders need to retain a level of perspective. I certainly am!

But members don't have to commit to every home game, which, up until the last few years, was the point of a membership. 10 years ago, anyone could get a season ticket, or even a half season ticket, and i suspect that will be the case again when they increase the ground capacity.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Then explain the justification for it, it’s unnecessary and likely to be for a poorer product. Yes they’ve done a lot for this club and the community which is why it’s so surprising no, shocking that they feel the need to do this. It’s so out of character for the ‘family’ club they claim to be.

As for Its £70 ffs that is a tidy sum for many even if it is lose change for so many at the club.

Justification?!?! Are you joking?!?! 
How about the loss of match day revenue they’ve already taken & the obliteration of King Powers income from airport duty free? 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's a kick in the bollocks though isn't it? Every single one of us appreciates everything that family have done and will continue to do for this club, but that doesn't mean that one or two bad decisions should be exempt from criticism.

£70 x 23000 = 1.6 million, it's a drop in the ocean to them. We've just gotten 50 million from selling an academy product. I really hope they change this, they should scrap the £70 and raise the price per match ticket by a couple of quid.

It wasn’t a kick in the balls when they were giving out freebies & freezing the season ticket prices every year was it?!!!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

As good as Man City’s plans are and As far from ideal our season ticket plans are, West Ham’s are a shambles, they want full payment upfront (if you want instalments they will spilt it into 4 monthly payments with a £30 admin charge on top) and give you a pro rata rebate for every game you don’t attend within 30 days of the fixture taking place

To be fair, full payment/DD for full payment wouldn't be that bad over the course of the season. At least you'd only pay the pro-rata price per game and get all of your money back if you didn't attend any.

Whereas we'll be paying double the pro-rata price at times due to matchday pricing with the risk of losing £70 on top of that.

Surely the club could have used everybody season ticket refund from last season to use a security for the new season ticket.

If they had done that then most everybody would have gone for it but now they expect people who have been furlonged and have lost their jobs to find £70 per season ticket in a couple of weeks.

The club has had enough time to work it out.

Edited by bluefox1
just to add a bit more.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's a personal opinion. I couldn't give two shits about clappers, nor snoods, nor the free pints they give out (I rarely get to the ground earlier than 10 minutes before KO), nor the beanie hats or anything else. Usually I leave them on my seat or give them to a family around me.

As I've said, no problem with them charging more for tickets to the actual games, but to charge OAPs or people with underlying health conditions to keep their ST is not on, and I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

You don't deserve our wonderful owners you disgrace!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

They're still loyal customers and fans who just can't get an ST for whatever reason, there's a long waiting list.

90% is a higher proportion than I thought they would give us, makes just under 9k STHs per game at 30% stadium capacity i.e. two tickets every five games for each STH if everyone renews.

Good info but how did you calculate the rota cycle length? That's still yet to be decided but I don't think you're far off.

56 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Been a ST holder for 15 years.....but this just takes the piss!So i have to pay 70 quid just to keep my seat when i will not go to a game because of shielding?Top you have got this wrong!

I don't think Top decided this to be honest! It was some of the scum in our senior management that decided it! They should get the boot and the backlash!

3 hours ago, Albert said:

It’s £70 ffs! After everything that family has done for our club it’s honestly shameful to even suggest that their trying to rip us off.

We’re being charged £70 to retain something that they can’t exactly sell to anyone else at the minute. It’s a RIP off.

• Thanks 1