Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

Outside the Premier League, but thought it would be worth checking out what Nottingham Forest are doing... not much it seems, another club who appears to have continued the renewal process for the new season as normal during lockdown, but has provided no official update on their website as to what is happening going forward.

In fact you can tell all the material on this section of the website was produced pre-COVID because absolutely no mention is given.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/tickets/season-cards/

A pattern seems to be forming, with this article highlighting that as of a few days ago neither Arsenal or Chelsea had confirmed plans with their season card fans for the upcoming season. 

Checking both clubs websites, nothing appears to have been updated on the website for months. I assume communication has been made directly with fans, which is understandable, but I'd still expect something on the main site communicating the current situation. 

https://www.football.london/premier-league/premier-league-season-ticket-holders-18788716

25 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Well for whatever reason, I couldn’t find that on their website? 

I guess given the criticism they got over continue to charge for season tickets when games weren’t being played, this shift in approach towards their fans is more than welcome.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/man-city-season-tickets-refund-a4403706.html%3famp

It’s here 

https://www.mancity.com/news/club/2020-21-preparations-continue-63733617

• Like 1

West Brom - here's a club who are at least acknowledging the current situation on their website. 

Judging by the fan forum I've checked, it would appear no firm communication has been made on what happens with season ticket renewals at this moment - but it is worth noting, many clubs and I think this includes West Brom would have been accepting renewals before the country went into lockdown, meaning some fans will have paid out for the 2020/21 season, but have little idea what they've paid for. 

https://www.wba.co.uk/tickets

56 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

I honestly thought they'd be some extra clarification from the club by now on this £70 to retain your season ticket, like the wording wasn't great or something. 
Seems not. 

I suppose they think everything is covered in the FAQS here

https://tickets.lcfc.com/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/reducedcapacity.html

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I did have a quick flick on the club news section, but merely learned that Scott Carson had re-signed for another season and that Steve Howey found playing for City "special."

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

A pattern seems to be forming, with this article highlighting that as of a few days ago neither Arsenal or Chelsea had confirmed plans with their season card fans for the upcoming season. 

Checking both clubs websites, nothing appears to have been updated on the website for months. I assume communication has been made directly with fans, which is understandable, but I'd still expect something on the main site communicating the current situation. 

https://www.football.london/premier-league/premier-league-season-ticket-holders-18788716

A family member supports Arsenal and they have been told by them that a announcement will be in the next couple of weeks 

17 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Really don’t see how hard this is to get right. Just charge fans for the games they can attend once through the ballot. Every team should then have the same policy so it’s fair across the board. 

I thought this. And IF it does go back to full allocation then charge full ST price to those who attended 0 reduced capacity games and knock the matchticket price off of the ST price of those who did go to a reduced capacity game.

• Like 1

Villa 

They suspended their early bird scheme back in March - there's no update so far as to what their process will be for the coming season. 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/03/18/season-tickets-2021-update

Given the apparent lack of information from a lot of the clubs I've looked at, I think I'll hold fire with reviewing any others for the time being - but given we and Manchester City have announced plans I suspect other clubs will start announcing their's very soon too. 

One thing I will give the club credit for is communicating its plans to fans early and structuring it well on the website - its clear, easily accessible information, even if its lots to process. It's just a shame that the basic premise of the scheme is so bad, with the clearest issue being the non-refundable £70 up front fee. 

EDIT: The guidance the club has issued doesn't make any reference on this point, but is there an option for a season ticket holder to opt out of renewing this season, but continue to hold availability to renew their seats for the following season? 

Are season ticket holders essentially being forced to pay £70 this season so that they are still eligible to renew next season?

AND why is there no senior's discount?

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

26 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Outside the Premier League, but thought it would be worth checking out what Nottingham Forest are doing... not much it seems, another club who appears to have continued the renewal process for the new season as normal during lockdown, but has provided no official update on their website as to what is happening going forward.

In fact you can tell all the material on this section of the website was produced pre-COVID because absolutely no mention is given.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/tickets/season-cards/

Covid will hit in about 30 years up there when they finally realise it’s not the 70s anymore. 

• Haha 4

If I can’t sit in my usual seat and have to pay a Matchday ticket price, could I end up paying more for a ticket in a different part of the stadium?

This is a possibility, yes, but in order to maximise the number of fans we can admit into the stadium under social distancing requirements, the Club needs to utilise the entire stadium, meaning we cannot guarantee Season Ticket Holders their normal seats. Matchday ticket pricing ensures successful ballot applicants sitting in the same areas of the stadium pay the same price for that game.

This is stupid as well - in a limited capacity situation the club should be charging a flat rate fee for all tickets, at a cost significantly below normal ticket prices - because it's not the full fan experience. I would even suggest the club, if it was showing it's usual appetite of being a responsible community club, could have decided to donate the gate receipts for these games to local causes.

Given how great the club has been with public relations opportunities, this just feels like a massive own goal. 

Who the hell signed off on this rubbish?  

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond

Of course this situation is further compounded by the fact that Premier League clubs haven't been able to agree a deal to stream matches to its fans - whereas, the EFL has.done so with Sky.

https://lastwordonfootball.com/2020/08/22/efl-and-sky-sports-reach-agreement-over-streaming/

The EFL and Sky Sports have come to an agreement that will allow clubs in all three divisions to stream matches on their websites next season. Season-ticket holders will gain free access to the streams while non-holders will have to pay around £10 per fixture – which will include 3pm Saturday kick-offs.

https://talksport.com/football/748373/premier-league-extra-games-2020-21-season-no-blanket-coverage/

I admit, the issue the Premier League has is that it's matches have been divided up into the various packages it now sells across broadcasters - ironically on the stipulation of competition laws, which rather than reduce the price has only served to up the cost for those fans who want to purchase the entire product. Thanks Ofcom!  

But in short, that makes trying to negotiate an agreeable position across the various broadcast partners nigh on impossible. Given the broadcasters would be losing their exclusivity and streaming to fans could seriously dent their commercial proposition to pubs and clubs across the country, you'd expect the TV companies to demand a large return of the money they laid out for the rights and of course the clubs are not going to agree to that. 

The only further question is will the bit in bold prove to be the thin end of the wedge? Will this see the embargo on the showing of 3pm kick-offs forever lifted once and for all? I guess only time will tell. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Nice to see UFS having posted a statement now would like foxes trust to make a similar one

Just had a look at the replies on Facebook getting a bit of a battering. I swear some of our fanbase are so out of touch with the real world struggles of some people. I think if the club asked them to remortgage for tickets they seriously would.

It breaks down like this for me.

1) £70 I'm fine with.

2) £70 that's possibly non refundable - There's no guarantees when we'll be back. It's  not great but I'll bite the bullet although it links into point 3 below. 

3) Reduced capacity games - Aside from the match day pricing which is just wrong and the experience being nothing close to normal. I won't be going until I'm absolutely comfortable. Right now I could take a train to London and stay in a hotel for a weekend, I could but I don't feel comfortable with it so I won't. I don't know where we're going with COVID you can turn on the radio and here contrasting scientific opinions every single day. I want to hear everyone, yes I know there will always be the odd one, reading off the same page. I need to reach a point where I feel at ease sitting amongst 30000 screaming and singing  in a confined space where social distancing is just not happening. I don't know when that's going to be , right now I doubt it will be when Leicester City, the Premier League or Government tell me it's ok. It's going to cost me more than £70 if someone green lights it this season. I will be  paying for games I just can't see myself attending. 

47 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Seen a lot of comments about 'free beers and donuts means they can do stuff like this' but I've not actually seen anyone claim that's the case lol 

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it but I think Brighton have got it bang on.

Don't think they're charging anything but if you end up going to a game, you pay 19th of your ST price for where you sit and that's it. None of the £70 fee plus ballot and losing ST loyalty for 21/22 season. That sounds fair and logical enough.

I don't know why our club have added all these conditions. Think they've over-analysed and out-thought themselves on trying to think of a niche way to be unique and revolutionary when it just wasn't required.

Brighton have done it differently they never stopped the direct debits, this is from a Brighton news site

Season ticket payments
Direct debit payments for 2020-21 season tickets will be paused after six payments, which by our maths means that September will be the final month to pay.

The money that has been paid so far will then go into a ‘credit balance’. The cost of each matchday ticket that you successfully win in the ballot will be taken from this credit balance over the course of the 2020-21 season. Tickets will be priced at 1/19th of the overall cost of your season ticket.

Any supporters who have credit left in their balance come the end of the campaign will either see that money deducted off their 2021-22 season ticket or receive it as some sort of refund.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

so no automatic renewal for existing ST holders is that correct? 

didn't want to renew anyway - do I need to contact the club or does my ST just end if I don't pay the £70?

According to what we currently know, correct no automatic renewal, ST ends with no payment 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Brighton have done it differently they never stopped the direct debits, this is from a Brighton news site

Season ticket payments
Direct debit payments for 2020-21 season tickets will be paused after six payments, which by our maths means that September will be the final month to pay.

The money that has been paid so far will then go into a ‘credit balance’. The cost of each matchday ticket that you successfully win in the ballot will be taken from this credit balance over the course of the 2020-21 season. Tickets will be priced at 1/19th of the overall cost of your season ticket.

Any supporters who have credit left in their balance come the end of the campaign will either see that money deducted off their 2021-22 season ticket or receive it as some sort of refund.

Thanks. That reads so much easier and fairer for the fans.

14 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Season ticket payments

Sounds good but it depends on how their ballot will work. If everyone can enter every ballot, then some fans could get to see a lot more games than others.

Leicester are the only club so far that I've seen are using a games cycle ballot to ensures everyone, if they want, is guaranteed a ticket to at least 1 in every x games, and everyone will be entitled to the same number of games. That's a much fairer system than a free for all that I suspect some clubs will have.

Having said that, for all I know, every club is using a games cycle system. I don't know. 

Edited to say that I think the Lcfc system is the best way to do it, don't agree with the non refundable aspect though. As far as I'm concerned, that's all they need to re-think. 

Edited by Snik-Snok