Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

So let me get this straight. As a member I paid a £40 fee last summer for access to tickets, but received no refund despite not actually having access to tickets for a good number of games. You can forgive that though just about given the circumstances. 

Now they want us to pay another £35 for access to significantly reduced tickets while also charging everyone £1.50 in admin fees. Season ticket holders are in the same boat. 

Personally I feel the ballot scheme is quite fair in the sense that whatever tickets can be made available should be made available to STH’s and members only (90% / 10% respectively). Where they’re taking the biscuit is by demanding the £70 / £35 fee for access to extremely limited tickets, charging admin fees on ticket purchases, and expecting STH’s to pay full match day ticket prices. Club could quite easily have made the fee a nominal £10 so they have an idea of who still wants to maintain their season ticket / membership for the 20/21 season, with the aim of being back to normal for 21/22. The £1.50 admin charge on ticket purchases made by anyone other than general public tier is criminal. 

All I can say is that if any other business treated me like this I’d have taken my business elsewhere in disgust. Unfortunately we can’t do that and football club directors know it. I had come to expect better from our owners though. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 3

As I've said all along there was no point in refunding us.

In individiual cases i'm sure certain people needed that refund and in individual cases the club could have been contacted by those people but I think it would have been far more simpler for everyone if they gave the option of;

a) The club keep what they refunded people, put it as a credit on people's Season Ticket accounts and that would be used as a guarantee towards future Season Tickets when we knew what was going on, it would then be deducted of any future payments towards the Season Ticket.

b) If people needed/wanted the refund they could apply for one. People may have needed that money and that is understandable, likewise people may think they don't want to continue with a Season Ticket in an uncertain future and want refunding.

In short I just don't understand why everyone had to have a refund - in my eyes it'd be far simpler if you just had it put against your LCFC account as a credit.

Further to this, we've pretty much only just received the refund, now we are expected to pay a majority of it back almost straight away, seems alot of unecessary messing about for both club and fan.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

Guest Markyblue
6 hours ago, Albert said:

It’s £70 ffs! After everything that family has done for our club it’s honestly shameful to even suggest that their trying to rip us off.

Nobody has defended the ownership and the club more than me but this way of doing things is bollocks and pure greed,  absolutely lost for words.

I know this won’t happen but everyone should just pay the £70 and not go to the games. They’ve done this because they think fans will be gagging to go back it’s the other way around with me I’m not going back till it’s full capacity it will be like playing pre season against Rotherham , shite. 

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

I know this won’t happen but everyone should just pay the £70 and not go to the games. They’ve done this because they think fans will be gagging to go back it’s the other way around with me I’m not going back till it’s full capacity it will be like playing pre season against Rotherham , shite. 

Absolutely agree,  no way i attend a game until its normal conditions and full capacity,  it's a complete waste of time until then, as an aside does the ballot mean individual or family groups. 

7 hours ago, Corky said:

So, to break it down, we're paying £70 this year to keep our season ticket for 21/22? The £70 allows us into ballots this season where we'll pay on an individual basis for the (likely) 6 matches we'll see?

Why is it only 6 matches we'll see? 

Just now, dannythefox said:

Let’s say there’s no full capacity stadiums this season and you pay the £70 that’s got to come off your season ticket for the next season if you don’t attend a game or I’m I wrong? 

That's not mentioned. 

Just says it's non-refundable if there's no full capacity games. 

I doubt it'll be taken off next season's price. 

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yes sadly. See last line here-

ED1EA1A3-4CCE-43FF-A2CF-94C505E374E1.jpeg

That’s just says it won’t be refunded. It’s got to come off your next season ticket otherwise your paying for a service your not getting. I wouldn’t of thought the club will take £70 off fans and you lose it if you don’t go. I might be wrong. 

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Assuming stadia don't reopen with full capacity this season, then there are 19 home games with this ballot system. As they're restricting it so everyone has the opportunity it's expected that you'll only be able to (successfully) apply for 1 in every 3 games on average.

£70 + 6*matchday tickets is an awful lot, could basically work out at £50 per game which is insane compared to the usual ST costs.

The earlier full capacity returns the better the deal works out as your £70 will get absorbed into the ST Pro rata cost and you'll stop paying matchday prices. Doesn't help those who aren't comfortable/able to get to games though.

Edited by Xen

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If capacity is around 9000 and season ticket holders get 90% of those that's approx 8000. If the majority of season ticket holders pay the £70 then, that's 24000 people eligible per cycle, so each cycle will be 3 games. So it'll be 1 in 3 games which if it lasts for the full season will be 5 or 6 games, bearing in mind we can't attend until at least October. 

What they don't know is how many will apply for games within each cycle. If its only 16000 of those 24000, then the first 2 games will have 8000 sth each, and none at the 3rd! After the ballot, I guess if applications are less than 8000 then they'll open it up so that those who have already bought a ticket for a game within the cycle can go to another, or maybe members will get a bigger allocation.

Edited by Snik-Snok
  • Like 2

Slept on it and it still doesn’t fit well with me. £70 isn’t small change and to be told to pay up in such a small space of time. I just hope there are enough people unhappy about this to voice their complaints and it’s reviewed. For me I won’t be going to any games until it’s fully safe to do so. We should be given the option here and not dictated to with such stupid terms. 

• Like 2

It's not the best is it... 

Thing I don't get is say you are successful in the ballot. They say you are non guaranteed your seat (understandable) do you pay the match ticket price for the seat they give you or your current seat price? 

So I sit in the kop, would I pay the price then for my west stand seat if I got plonked there or would I just still pay my kop price seat? 

16 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It's not the best is it... 

Thing I don't get is say you are successful in the ballot. They say you are non guaranteed your seat (understandable) do you pay the match ticket price for the seat they give you or your current seat price? 

So I sit in the kop, would I pay the price then for my west stand seat if I got plonked there or would I just still pay my kop price seat? 

I presume you would pay for the seat they put you in for that particular game. So if they put you in the west stand for say the Man Utd game you would be paying £50

Edited by Lcfc82

I wonder if this 70 quid will give you access to watch the games online? Find it odd they are doing a behind closed doors game at Loughbrough uni live wonder if they are trailing it... 

Think that would soften the blow a little if you could watch the games via the website. 

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

I presume you would pay for the seat they put you in for that particular game. So if they put you in the west stand for say the Man Utd game you would be paying about  £60 

But they in theory you could be potentially pay more for your season ticket and it does say you will only pay for your price from last year.... 

I dunno clear as mud :D