Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

11 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I’ve just flicked through this thread, maybe taken in three pages, but just shows you how human beings are.

Everyone is all positive and appreciate the club when we break the bank on a player, or you get a free beer and scarf, but when the going gets a bit tougher and harder decisions need to be made, you are off on one, moaning, complaining and have no thought for the difficult time the club is in trying to solve a very difficult situation.

It is incredible how people are really, it’s quite sad, but then again the moaners would have had the capacity and capability to do a better job than what the club is trying to do.

One day the owners will be gone, maybe when they see the reactions of fans in difficult times. Maybe at that point rather than trying to solve the issues, they will look at the reactions and think it time to move on. 

How people can turn when difficult decisions have to be made. Incredible. 

They aren't breaking the bank, they are spending relative to what they earn. If they want to spend x amount of millions, that's their choice, no fan is forcing them to. Unlike this charge where you could lose your seat through absolutely no fault of your own and going with government guidance.

They must have seriously thin skins if they'll walk away because people are complaining about this issue. Is it not possible to praise the club in some aspects and criticise in others? Do we not do the same for players and managers? They seem to be happy to stay.

I love this club but I'm not paying £70, shocking from the club. Season ticket holder for 20 years. I'm becoming very disillusioned with football and in fact the whole world right now, feels like one blow after another. 

Our owners are brilliant but they've handled this terribly. I've got a sneaky feeling the club will change its policy on this tomorrow anyway. 

• Like 1

Having had two nights sleep on it I am reluctant to pay the £70 even tho I will lose my ST which I have held for 7 years. Football light doesn't appeal to me so I won't be going to bare bones matches. I go and pay for the full match experience which it won't be.

I know there will be plenty of takers for the season ticket but i feel we have been shafted and screwed over.

It is mentioned they are doing to gauge numbers which is tosh as they have never had problem filling the stadium and have quite the waiting list for STs.

I can't see it going back to full capacity especially if a second spike kicks in. 

I too have emailed the club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

They aren't breaking the bank, they are spending relative to what they earn. If they want to spend x amount of millions, that's their choice, no fan is forcing them to. Unlike this charge where you could lose your seat through absolutely no fault of your own and going with government guidance.

They must have seriously thin skins if they'll walk away because people are complaining about this issue. Is it not possible to praise the club in some aspects and criticise in others? Do we not do the same for players and managers? They seem to be happy to stay.

It’s a difficult situation, but a great deal of people are moaning, including lines like “pulling a stunt”

To me it just shows poor human behaviour. Ready to moan, instead of understanding the difficulties there are involved.

I am certain they would have much preferred an easier or normal option, but unfortunately it isn’t there and as soon as it gets a little messy, boom, the towel is thrown in.

It would have been good if there was more constructive discussion, or supportive comments realising it’s not an easy time.

29 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I can only think it will come off your season ticket next season l’ll pay the £70 but I won’t go back till everyone’s allowed back in. It’s none refundable but it should be credited to your season ticket. Anything other than this is just a terrible idea. With all this going on I’d expect another clearer announcement from the club once they’ve been told what they’ve offered is complete tosh. 

It comes of the total cost of your ST for 20/21 if, and only if, full capacity crowds are allowed at least several games before the end of the season. Otherwise non-refundable.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Going gets tough? They are about to bank £50 million for a player. Then the best part of £100 million on a TV deal. 

Yeah the owners will be gone at some point, be left with the fans. Fans are a football club. With no fans, there is no football club. 

Go on then, what would your proposals have been to solve this issue? 
Once you have thought it all through, maybe contact the club and they might appreciate another view on how to do things better.

I have 3 ST’s…. I’ve had great value from them and they are amongst the very cheapest in the Prem and haven’t shifted in price much if at all for a long while….  When we won the prem they froze prices again (remember that?)

If they want £70, they can have £70 as far I am concerned…. I’ll even put a little bow on the rolled up notes… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ricey said:

People aren’t moaning because of a couple of quid, it’s a substantial amount of money for people. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones, but a lot of people have suffered financially during the pandemic so £70+ match day prices is an unexpected, and entirely avoidable, expense if they want to return to the stadium.

The extra revenue it’s going to generate for the club is fractional in comparison to the cost to the individual fan.

The club have made a total mess of this and the uproar is warranted.

The £70 will be deducted from the full price season ticket once we go back to full capacity. It is a fair fee to get season ticket holders to commit, but will be refundable. It’s much better for those on a budget than forking out for a full season ticket, which would have happened in normal times.

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

People aren’t moaning because of a couple of quid, it’s a substantial amount of money for people. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones, but a lot of people have suffered financially during the pandemic so £70+ match day prices is an unexpected, and entirely avoidable, expense if they want to return to the stadium.

The extra revenue it’s going to generate for the club is fractional in comparison to the cost to the individual fan.

The club have made a total mess of this and the uproar is warranted.

Total mess - let’s hear how you would do it. 

Just now, Rob1742 said:

The £70 will be deducted from the full price season ticket once we go back to full capacity. It is a fair fee to get season ticket holders to commit, but will be refundable. It’s much better for those on a budget than forking out for a full season ticket, which would have happened in normal times.

But if there's no full capacity games at all, they keep that money as well as extra money we pay on top of what we usually would for the games in the season. That's the sticking point and it's a fair one from fans perspective I think. 

• Like 3

Just now, StanSP said:

But if there's no full capacity games at all, they keep that money as well as extra money we pay on top of what we usually would for the games in the season. That's the sticking point and it's a fair one from fans perspective I think. 

You sure they keep it? Where does it say that? 

2 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Take an upfront payment of the first month of all season ticket holders direct debits as the financial commitment. Members £20. This payments is returned to the final value of the ST cost at the end of the season, or if no full capacity games, the first payment of 21/22 season.

Run the ballot as before, but instead of inflating ST prices by 60-80% to Match day ticket pricing, you charge 1/19th of the season ticket cost of each area that tickets are purchased in, ensuring you keep pricing architecture within the stadium, and allows STH to maintain their advantageous price.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

It’s not refundable if we don’t go back to full capacity, which lets be honest is unlikely. 

9 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Once you have thought it all through, maybe contact the club and they might appreciate another view on how to do things better.

Its really not that hard. 

Take a look how Man City are doing it. 

1) Ask season ticket holders if they want to go games or not. 
2) Those that do, enter a ballot and charged on a pro rata basis as per the normal season ticket prices. Ie a 19th of the price 

3) That that don’t or can’t (because of health reasons or even travel reasons) still maintain priority for season tickets when normality returns or you can opt in once you feel safe to do so. 

If LCFC are insist on the £70, it should NOT be IN ADDITION to normal match day prices. It should be then deducted off the games you attend. Ie let’s say two games at £35, subsequent games you attend you are charged. No full capacity games, you don’t get your £70 back

If the status quo stays the same until Christmas, it will be costing £175 for watch three games. 

And I have told the club this 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

Just now, Yes N'Didi said:

Take an upfront payment of the first month of all season ticket holders direct debits as the financial commitment. Members £20. This payments is returned to the final value of the ST cost at the end of the season, or if no full capacity games, the first payment of 21/22 season.

Run the ballot as before, but instead of inflating ST prices by 60-80% to Match day ticket pricing, you charge 1/19th of the season ticket cost of each area that tickets are purchased in, ensuring you keep pricing architecture within the stadium, and allows STH to maintain their advantageous price.

Fine - nice contribution, no moaning, suggesting a different way. 

5 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

You sure they keep it? Where does it say that? 

'Your initial payment secures you the right to obtain entry to the ballot for match-by-match tickets while the stadium is at reduced capacity, and (subject to payment of any applicable balance) it also secures your Season Ticket for any games which are played in season 2020/21 with the stadium at full capacity. The initial payment is not refundable if no games are played at full-capacity in season 2020/21' 

https://tickets.lcfc.com/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/reducedcapacity.html

3 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Total mess - let’s hear how you would do it. 

Direct debits auto renew and then refund 1/19th of the season cost for every match missed. That covers both situation in relation to whether or not we return to full capacity.

I have emailed the club with this opinion, before you ask.

• Like 1