Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Leicester vs Birmingham - Match Thread (Pre-Season)

17 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

KDH will be around the squad this year for sure. A very assured performance. 

He looked good but I think he will be loaned out to a Championship team. He's doing the Harvey Barnes / Hamza route into the team - league one last season, Championship this season, then upper Championship / main team next I think. 

Still not convinced by George Hirst, unfortunately. He definitely needs to go out on loan as he's taking valuable playing time away from players like Ali Reghba who are the right age for playing in the u23s. Brendan mentioned Tavares in particular after the match, reiterating his long term hopes for him. I like KDH - we really have a lack of goals coming from midfield. I would be tempted to keep him for at least half the season, start integrating, and see how he gets on, 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..you could see we needed someone like Ovie Ejaria or Odsonne Edouard in the team!!!

We played a lot where the player was passing in the direction that he was facing and no one seemed capable of picking the ball up and taking on a player.

Barnes laboured to create the openings and he tended to have 3 men to beat in order to supply the pass or attempt to go on his own. With a ball player he wouldn't have to be marshalled like that as he would be the one being put clear by Ejaria or Edouard. Barnes need to play inside supporting the main striker, £19.5m for Eze would have seriously benefited our team.

Ejaria? Am I missing something? He's been shocking everywhere he's played.

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Still not convinced by George Hirst, unfortunately. He definitely needs to go out on loan as he's taking valuable playing time away from players like Ali Reghba who are the right age for playing in the u23s. Brendan mentioned Tavares in particular after the match, reiterating his long term hopes for him. I like KDH - we really have a lack of goals coming from midfield. I would be tempted to keep him for at least half the season, start integrating, and see how he gets on, 

Did Brendan have an interview on LCFCTV after the game? Anything of interest mentioned?

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Did Brendan have an interview on LCFCTV after the game? Anything of interest mentioned?

He did. I was half listening/half replying to emails so I might not remember it too accurately! As I recall he was saying he was happy with the performance, and was particularly pleased with Marc's goal as it showed the importance of constantly pressing. The interviewer picked out KDH as doing well, to which he agreed, but then went on to specifically mention Tavares. He also emphasised how he's looking at the years ahead, and integrating the u23s in with the first team like they did today is part of that process of developing players for the future. Oh and they talked about how important it is to have had Vards and Maddison sign, and I think they might have mentioned Luke Thomas too. But for me it just seemed like a normal interview with Brendan, seeing this as a long term project, and wanting to work from the youth squad upwards. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm gonna throw this out there and I hope it comes back to one day bite me on the arse.

George Hirst will never be good enough for us. He'll stay here as our 3rd striker for probably two years then he'll be off to Scotland or a Championship team.

You can see why he’s be very good at youth/u23 level because he’s big and strong. 

It just looks like he lacks any of the vital attributes that strikers need to make it at the top level. I haven’t seen much of him, but from what I have seen this is how he comes across. He doesn’t strike me as a player who you could rely on for goals in the Premier League. Clearly that’s premature as he hasn’t had the chance but it’s how it looks. 

I’m not knocking the lad as he’s clearly good enough to forge a decent pro career but unfortunately he doesn’t look good enough to cut it at the top. 

38 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm gonna throw this out there and I hope it comes back to one day bite me on the arse.

George Hirst will never be good enough for us. He'll stay here as our 3rd striker for probably two years then he'll be off to Scotland or a Championship team.

Can I throw it out there with you as well?!

Probably end up at Aberdeen or Wigan. 

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Hall had a good goal but a mistake almost resulted in the team conceding if not for Banjo stopping the shot.

He needs more playing time in the next game

Edit: I mean Banko not "Banjo" but won't change it. :D

Banjo, Banko, Benko, Benkovic, whatever... :D

59 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

3rd striker for the first team is highly optimistic. Surely Perez is infinitely better in that role if needed?