Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Chilwell leaving

How do you feel about Chilwell leaving?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Chilwell leaving?

• Over the moon, so happy we have sold
    • Middle ground, good deal for both sides
    • Gutted, wanted him to stay

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I suppose its annoying because I liked having an England regular in the Leicester team. 

Middle ground for me.

But in regards to England, it wont happen, as soon as a player breaks in they been pressured to leave, the England squad is a tapping up playground.

50 million for Englands first choice left back?  I think Chelsea got a steal & we lost out. However, the good news this week is that Madison has signed a new contract.

Here's hoping we beat Chelsea & finish above them at the end of the season.

Disappointed he’s left. Think we’ll miss him more than we realise. Also think we’ve been had up a bit because Chelsea were well prepared to pay £70m for him. That’s a fact. 

• Like 4

Middle ground.

I'm not bothered he's gone.

However, I am bothered we've sold yet another player when we are so short in squad depth as it is, our starting 11 (Of which he was part of) is very good, go past our starting 11 and our squad is very poor and we seem to be doing nothing to rectify that throughout the past few years of sales despite commanding very good fees to add to this I keep hearing and reading 'We don't need the money', well we keep selling and we're not really spending regarding bolstering our squad, so i'm not really sure where we are as a club, I understand there's a food chain but what i'm getting at is we're not strengthening and this continual cycle can only last so long.

Now onto the fee, reported £50m, he's not worth that, no where near really, but I expected us the get more, I thought we'd set a precident of allowing players to go but it must surpass what they're worth, have other clubs pants down, £50m doesn't do that and for how it weakens our squad, when average players are going for £30m in this market, I don't really see how it benefits us that much.

Sad to see him go. Always thought he had the potential to make it to top tier level. 

Even so, it will all come down to how we replace him. If we get a left sided Ricardo, Chilwell (like maguire last year) will be fast forgotten. 

Plus it could fire other players up. If madders really is upset he's gone, only way he gets to play with him again at club level is if he rocks out some consistent 9-10/10 performances all season. He's got some going to attract a chelsea #10 shirt. 

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

Disappointed he’s left. Think we’ll miss him more than we realise. Also think we’ve been had up a bit because Chelsea were well prepared to pay £70m for him. That’s a fact. 

If that's a fact, why did we not demand it of them? it doesn't really make logical sense, unless you know there's a sound reason for having taken less.

It’s as if some of you didn’t watch the guff that we served up after the restart 

We have a massive task on our hands to replace him in the short term. Luke may be the answer in a couple seasons but he isn’t now. Hopefully he saw the change Ben made to himself a few summers ago and will replicate that intense effort. 

anyone who thinks this is a good thing at this moment is either in full possession of our transfer plans or not appreciating the importance of the way chillwell played to our best formation and playing style. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bert said:

until Percy has delved into this in a couple months, we won’t know what they paid with achievable add ons etc ??

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s as if some of you didn’t watch the guff that we served up after the restart 

We have a massive task on our hands to replace him in the short term. Luke may be the answer in a couple seasons but he isn’t now. Hopefully he saw the change Ben made to himself a few summers ago and will replicate that intense effort. 

anyone who thinks this is a good thing at this moment is either in full possession of our transfer plans or not appreciating the importance of the way chillwell played to our best formation and playing style. 

See my point regarding squad depth and the point we've done nothing about it after the yearly sales.

Also and sorry but i've gotta get this in, the style of play had a huge part to play in the guff we served up, I don't like it even with our better players, it just seems to create problems and pressure but to conitue that style wih poorer players is beyond me, you change and adapt to what suits, or atleast you should...

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If that's a fact, why did we not demand it of them? it doesn't really make logical sense, unless you know there's a sound reason for having taken less.

Because we aren’t in the champions league. 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

until Percy has delved into this in a couple months, we won’t know what they paid with achievable add ons etc ??

Trust me, it’s not what they were prepared to pay in March. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Because we aren’t in the champions league. 

I am not seeking an argument here, but the condition you claim to be fact (and you may well be right, who am I to know different?) means the situation has had us rather than Chelsea. I presume therefore we'd have to pay more were we to buy a player from (say) Ajax, on this basis.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

If we don’t replace him with an equally good if not better player then yes it will be annoying!

Thomas and Fuchs fit that bill - one with a year left at the top flight, another needing a year to develop further actually works maybe... Obviously we should be looking for a long term replacement to take the pressure off Thomas. 

9 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Thomas and Fuchs fit that bill - one with a year left at the top flight, another needing a year to develop further actually works maybe... Obviously we should be looking for a long term replacement to take the pressure off Thomas. 

Mate, Fuchs is done. 

Love the guy but he's no more than emergency cover now. Man can barely run. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Understand that re CL and that just adds to the loss we made by missing out ....   suspect the final guaranteed figure (with instalments) will be 57/60m with 5m of achievable add ons and 5m v unlikely ones ....

Correct.

One if they qualify for champions league 

One if they win silverware 

I wouldn't say I'm over the moon, but I think it's a much better deal for us than it is them.

Chilwell's not a bad player, but I think he's pretty limited. While he's got pace and a great engine, he's not very effective at either end of the pitch and he nullifies Barnes. I think he looked very good for a while under Puel, but hasn't hit those heights since, really. Not convinced he'll improve very much in the future.

I'm pretty confident we can replace him with an equal or better player with plenty of change to spare. I won't be surprised if Thomas turns out to be better in a few years, either.

I don't think he'll go down very well at Chelsea.