Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Chilwell leaving

How do you feel about Chilwell leaving?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Chilwell leaving?

• Over the moon, so happy we have sold
    • Middle ground, good deal for both sides
    • Gutted, wanted him to stay

Middle Ground.

50 MIllion is a bit lower than expected. Had Slimani left for £10 million it wouldnt have been so bad.

He could do well at Chelsea but of the main starting X1 from last season I'd rather he was sold than Ricardo, Cags, Maddison, Vardy etc.

Needs more options.

I don't particularly rate him and am pleased with getting a large fee for him.

But saying 'over the moon' doesn't sit right.

There is a reluctance there with him being an academy graduate but the head says it's a really good deal. Better for us than them.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I suppose my brain thought it was impossible for that option!

We’ve become proper massive. ‘Yeah we got £20-30m less than we should have for that left back but you know, s*** happens’.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Haha 2

Gutted to loose a first team player regardless,

But to loose an academy player, England International and a first team player makes it worse.   

Plus now reliant on Brenden to find a replacement.   Not sure why but I have it my head that signing new players ain't one of Brendan's strong point.  

• Like 2

Like others have said, it all depends on how we spend the cash. If we get Tagliafico and a quality right winger or centre back then it's what is best for the club but if we bank it and half arse the replacements then it is a waste. 

Depends how they spend the money they received for him. If they sign a couple of players  with the quality of Ricardo or Soyuncu then yes it was a good deal for both clubs. 

If we end up spending half of it on Jamal Lewis and another Adrien Silva then it will turn out to be a waste. 

Let’s just hope we get quality in like we did in 2018 rather than our 2016 transfers. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Like others have said, it all depends on how we spend the cash. If we get Tagliafico and a quality right winger or centre back then it's what is best for the club but if we bank it and half arse the replacements then it is a waste. 

This for me too. 

I am concerned about us signing an adequate replacement. 

• Like 1

A regular international player has been sold from our team

An essential part of one of the best defences in the league has been sold

An exciting and still improving young player has been sold

A local academy graduate has been sold

No replacement 

Less $ than expected

Sold to a close competitor

all in all...

disappointed by the sale,

disappointed that the player sees a better future away from his club

disappointed that we sell our best

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

No replacement 

Less $ than expected

all in all...

How do you know there’s no replacement ffs.

Less than expected? 50 million for a full back 😂

You were probably crowing the same rhetoric when Magiure was sold.

Pathetic.

• Like 3

They've got a proper bargain and we lose an academy product England first teamer; but he wanted gone, so yeah.

As Steve_Walshy said above it's all about how we now replace Chilly. I appreciate the business model of selling for high fees of players produced or improved by us as it's evidently very effective. I just think for the Club to stay at this level you need to keep a stable squad and an obvious part of that is continuity, not a team of players who know they could realistically leave at the end of every season. It also shouldn't be seen as above us to aspire to be a destination for top players, we've proved this Club can give players a very good & rewarding career with competitive pay. Players who are stars who have come through our system should be coveted by ourselves, he now plays against us +2x a year for a Club he deemed to be more attractive. Good luck to him and F Chelsea

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

No replacement 

Less $ than expected

all in all...

He saw 190K per week and a reported 10 million in wages per year for 5 years. Can't knock him!

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaspa said:

They've got a proper bargain and we lose an academy product England first teamer; but he wanted gone, so yeah.

As Steve_Walshy said above it's all about how we now replace Chilly. I appreciate the business model of selling for high fees of players produced or improved by us as it's evidently very effective. I just think for the Club to stay at this level you need to keep a stable squad and an obvious part of that is continuity, not a team of players who know they could realistically leave at the end of every season. It also shouldn't be seen as above us to aspire to be a destination for top players, we've proved this Club can give players a very good & rewarding career with competitive pay. Players who are stars who have come through our system should be coveted by ourselves, he now plays against us +2x a year for a Club he deemed to be more attractive. Good luck to him and F Chelsea

Nice sentiment, but we are not (yet) "competitive" enough to pay a player who is relatively lower down in our current pecking order (as Chilwell frankly was) the 10 mil per year for five years that he reportedly would be getting at Chelsea. Best wishes to the lad.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1