Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

On 13/02/2021 at 23:04, casablancas said:

Out of reactions but well said. Some sad t**** on here just can’t seem to enjoy a win without shitt1ng on someone. It couldn’t have been Perez so they had to pick on someone. Ridiculous. We are 2nd in the EPL and still on for 2 potential cups with a very challenging injury record this season. It is remarkable when you consider it, yet some ‘fans’ need a moan. I actually feel sorry for the poor buggers really. I’m a proud fox and I can’t complain. We are a proper good footballing side and I love to see it and enjoy the ride. 

Too Bloody right....Play it again Sam...

lets have a Martini at Ricks..

A little perspective is needed here. Its great that Amartey is back, fit and in the team and he most certainly is a saviour for the club when otherwise we would have no cover options in the right back area. Amartey has had an awful injury that must have not only knocked him for 6 but also stopped him playing the game that he loves playing for a long time.

That said and from a fans point of view Amartey has never been a fit for this club and after he signed it didnt take long to find out that he can be regularly error strewn in his defence and that he also isnt a player that can play the ball out of trouble in his defensive area. For these reasons a lot of fans over recent years have made the same comments I.e. that he isnt a standard of player that fits our profile. I'd go one step further and say that he isnt a decent enough player at our level now to be a backup player either. 

Amartey needs to be at a club where he gets first team regular game time and if he can show case the parts of his game that are positive then I would expect at some point for him to move on. It makes no sense for either party to drag heels in this situation. 

Our club and its profile are developing fast at the moment and with that in mind so must our squad. Amartey has been nothing but loyal to the club and that's been fantastic, but he must surely want first team football at his age.

• Haha 1

Just now, ferry67 said:

How many better centre backs than Amartey would come and be 4th choice at Leicester? Not many!

Oh so he joined Leicester to be fourth choice did he? I'd go and check your facts and get back to me. Also re read my post, it was detailed enough to answer your reply in the first place.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

A little perspective is needed here. Its great that Amartey is back, fit and in the team and he most certainly is a saviour for the club when otherwise we would have no cover options in the right back area. Amartey has had an awful injury that must have not only knocked him for 6 but also stopped him playing the game that he loves playing for a long time.

That said and from a fans point of view Amartey has never been a fit for this club and after he signed it didnt take long to find out that he can be regularly error strewn in his defence and that he also isnt a player that can play the ball out of trouble in his defensive area. For these reasons a lot of fans over recent years have made the same comments I.e. that he isnt a standard of player that fits our profile. I'd go one step further and say that he isnt a decent enough player at our level now to be a backup player either. 

Amartey needs to be at a club where he gets first team regular game time and if he can show case the parts of his game that are positive then I would expect at some point for him to move on. It makes no sense for either party to drag heels in this situation. 

Our club and its profile are developing fast at the moment and with that in mind so must our squad. Amartey has been nothing but loyal to the club and that's been fantastic, but he must surely want first team football at his age.

I totally disagree with your presumptions.....Its like going to court..its onlyy 'Heresay' and in this case some Posters making a situation to serve their own opinions.

Just because some Posters might regular post their opinions on a player,doesn't mean others automatically think  the same or even follow in the same vane.!!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Looking forward to some Big Dan action in Prague. Whoever he is up against won't be as scary as Mane, for me at least.

He was sketchy vs Liverpool, but he showed real resilience, and helped a great deal on corners/set pieces. Super movement for the goal too. lol

According to This forum, quite a few others were Sketchy for 75 minutes....

Though not my POV....

L'pool looked Good on the ball, but they hardly turned their so called Superiority into any real good chances....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I totally disagree with your presumptions.....Its like going to court..its onlyy 'Heresay' and in this case some Posters making a situation to serve their own opinions.

Just because some Posters might regular post their opinions on a player,doesn't mean others automatically think  the same or even follow in the same vane.!!!

What on earth are you on about man?! You are acting like I am spidermans nemesis who is thrusting my opinions as fact down people's throats. This forum by definition is "opinions".

Perhaps you might like to calm down, reflect, have a cup of tea.

23 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

What on earth are you on about man?! You are acting like I am spidermans nemesis who is thrusting my opinions as fact down people's throats. This forum by definition is "opinions".

Perhaps you might like to calm down, reflect, have a cup of tea.

I am calmness personified, its dunking  biscuits in my tea that does it..!! :teehee:

You Enjoy your coffee...& Reflect...

You Made this following statement about fans, insuating thats what they Think & believe..!!

"That said and from a fans point of view Amartey has never been a fit for this club and after he signed it didnt take long to find out that he can be regularly error strewn in his defence and that he also isnt a player that can play the ball out of trouble in his defensive area. For these reasons a lot of fans over recent years have made the same comments " 

A leading statement.....or I misunderstand your point...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Oh so he joined Leicester to be fourth choice did he? I'd go and check your facts and get back to me. Also re read my post, it was detailed enough to answer your reply in the first place.

Wind your neck in!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

I am calmness personified, its dunking  biscuits in my tea that does it..!! :teehee:

You Enjoy your coffee...& Reflect...

You Made this following statement about fans, insuating thats what they Think & believe..!!

"That said and from a fans point of view Amartey has never been a fit for this club and after he signed it didnt take long to find out that he can be regularly error strewn in his defence and that he also isnt a player that can play the ball out of trouble in his defensive area. For these reasons a lot of fans over recent years have made the same comments " 

A leading statement.....or I misunderstand your point...

Ahhh I see now.... confusion my end as a meant *some fans. I remember when he arrived as the Simpson Mk2 model upgrade and people including me were raving about his Copenhagen flicks and tricks videos, but for all the effort in that first year he just couldn't acclimatise, often with the basics. I've seen him play as a RB, CB, RWB, RW & DM so hes been a great utility guy and I have to say that I'm relieved we have another wide defender right now.

Enjoy those dunking biscuits. Mind the calories...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, majaco said:

Amartey kept Mane relatively quiet.

I feel confident with him in the team even if there are three ahead of him.

Was he not, as a central defender, once in an AFCON team of the tournament.

Big Dan is quality.

One mistake just ONE mistake it'll take for the majority that have been praising him over the last week to turn on him and swing to the other end of the pendulum and want him out permanently. 

Nacho had like 90% or something ridiculous wanting him out of the club after that bad game he had when he missed the penalty. I bet if the same poll was done after that good game he had V Fulham it'd be reversed! 

Some people are just so reactive to short term happenings it's almost comical.

7 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Pretty sure he joined to be a Defensive Midfielder, but clearly wasn't the answer for the Kanté-shaped void as we regressed following his departure. However, he proved his worth with the versatility to play at the back, and we looked elsewhere for that position (eventually striking gold with Ndidi). It was always my understanding that the logic behind having Amartey at the club is that he's a true utility player - he can play anywhere across a back four as well as in a DMF role. Never spectacular in any of those spots, but bar one or two poor performances at RB he's always been a dependable deputy across 48 appearances in three positions (DMF, CB, RB). If he's happy for that to be his role at the club, we should absolutely keep him around.

I often forget that he joined in the same window as Gray. Played 5 times that season apparently, so he has a Premier League winner's medal. :whistle:

• Like 3