Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

19 minutes ago, majaco said:

There have always been detractors.  I started defending him years ago

I was just making the point that my fellow fan appeared to be speaking on behalf of numerous 3rd parties, rather than just for himself. Anyone that has endured me long enough will know it gets up my nose.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Simoken said:

His biggest trait that BR likes in a player is versatility. Guarantee he has a future here.

This literally depends on how he plays. We all know (if we’re being honest), Amartey can be solid enough, but can also be a bomb-scare.

If he turns bomb-scare into more solid performances he’ll stay. Rodgers also loves to develop players. I’m guessing he’ll be ‘developing’ Amartey and is probably enjoying doing it. Which also bodes well for the big fella.

• Like 2

I think he has all the makings of a good defender. Definitely premier league level. The only criticism I have is that he does have a lapse in concentration and that can (and has in the past) cost us. Its something he needs to sort in his game. Other than that, he is a great option as a fourth choice CB.  

50 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This literally depends on how he plays. We all know (if we’re being honest), Amartey can be solid enough, but can also be a bomb-scare.

If he turns bomb-scare into more solid performances he’ll stay. Rodgers also loves to develop players. I’m guessing he’ll be ‘developing’ Amartey and is probably enjoying doing it. Which also bodes well for the big fella.

All this lazy use of the the phrase "bomb scare", when was the last time he made a mistake leading directly to an opposition goal? Feel this label falls into the Wasyl being a "walking red card" category. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

All this lazy use of the the phrase "bomb scare", when was the last time he made a mistake leading directly to an opposition goal? Feel this label falls into the Wasyl being a "walking red card" category. 

I agree with this - he’s done so well this season - looked solid at RB, RCB in a three and CB in a two. He’s been called into some ridiculously tough games and stepped up, but still the backhanded compliments flow!

Not saying he’s a Fofana or a Justin, but I think if we have to label him then safe pair of hands is more fitting than bomb scare.

I think he’s a perfect right sided centre back, to play in a three. When we want to play a three, he’s first choice, if that makes sense. He’s also a great player to have on the bench, due to his versatility to play CB, RB and DCM

6’ plus, fast, international capped center back, who is happy as a sqaud member. What’s not to like!

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

Despite the arguments, yes or no, his contract is up next summer 2022. I dont think the club will keep him because we are well stocked in LB/RB, Rodgers is after a CB in the summer and we are well stocked their with ndidi filling in if necessary. We are well stocked in DM's with Mendy contracted to 2023. 

Amartey and the club needs to assess which is best for each other but first and foremost and with Amartey still being only 26 then it's my opinion that he should be looking for pastures new, in a club where he deserves to be on that starting 11 week in week out. That wont happen here.

3 hours ago, Simoken said:

His biggest trait that BR likes in a player is versatility. Guarantee he has a future here.

I was thinking about Rodgers and how often does he get it wrong about a player he has in his squad? I think he has a fantastic eye for a player and will get rid of dead wood like Gray.

Amartey didn't look like he had a future here but Rodgers has seen something in him that he likes and Amartey has been very reliable whenever called upon. 

I can see him getting a new contract soon.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Don’t think bomb scare is the right term. He can look a bit clumsy at times but given enough matches to hone his skills I think he’ll make a significant contribution. Perhaps not as first choice, but sufficiently versatile to be really useful.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Collymore said:

One mistake just ONE mistake it'll take for the majority that have been praising him over the last week to turn on him and swing to the other end of the pendulum and want him out permanently. 

Nacho had like 90% or something ridiculous wanting him out of the club after that bad game he had when he missed the penalty. I bet if the same poll was done after that good game he had V Fulham it'd be reversed! 

Some people are just so reactive to short term happenings it's almost comical.

The recency effect or bias. I'm not going to slander goldfish in this post, but it is tempting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recency_bias

One day we should do a thread on all the different recognised biases we have, it would make a big list.

I'll never turn on Big Dan, I think he is a good, experienced CB.

5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Don’t think bomb scare is the right term. He can look a bit clumsy at times but given enough matches to hone his skills I think he’ll make a significant contribution. Perhaps not as first choice, but sufficiently versatile to be really useful.

Today was a good example. He's a good player amongst half.decent players. He's just not elite. No shame in that.

• Like 1