Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

He just isn’t good enough. He’s ok as a backup squad player but having to start important games for us is showing how out his depth he is. If possible we should sell and look to replace with a promising youngster or experienced head. He doesn’t offer anything and it’s not like the games he’s playing in is making him better. Sooner have an academy prospect playing and developing. 

• Like 1

Reading the replies on here today suggests to me again that FT can be a very bizarre place

Even after today there are posters suggesting Amartey is good enough or ‘could be’

And I get accused of not admitting it when I’m wrong

Meh...

Amartey is good enough for his expected role of reserve 4th/5th choice CB, that's what we are judging him on, you seem to be comparing him directly to our starters, he isn't good enough for that, no one has suggested otherwise. We just accept for the place in the squad he occupies he's about as good as you are going to get. If everyone is available he doesn't even make the match day squad so if he is starting you know we have issues.

Unless someone like Ben Nelson is good enough to play that role in the squad there is no reason to move Amartey on, players happy to be back up without kicking up a fuss are invaluable to a squad.

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2

Really don't think he was that bad. Were either of the 2 goals conceded when he was on the pitch his fault? I get he's not great on the ball in general but I thought he actually made some good forward passes today. Tbh, I don't think Little Wes, out of position as a LCB, was great today, or Evans, who cost us the second goal trying to play a suicidal offside.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3

Perfectly fine squad player who is currently having to do more than we'd have expected. Our squad players will not be as good as our first 11, ever. We don't have the funds to have that kind of squad and compete for the top 4. 

Will come in and try his best when asked, and didn't go out partying this week 😜

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Really don't think he was that bad. Were either of the 2 goals conceded when he was on the pitch his fault? I get he's not great on the ball in general but I thought he actually made some good forward passes today. Tbh, I don't think Little Wes was great today or Evans, who cost us the second goal trying to play a suicidal offside.

1st goal he got skinned by Masuaku for the cross 

2nd Evans got distracted by his dangly bit of hair flapping in the breeze causing him to step up too late

3rd goal he sat on the bench just as Nacho got it played into his feet, causing the ground to ripple and the ball to bounce off his foot.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Very sloppy in and out of possession, summed up by his back pass to Schmeichel that nearly got us in trouble. Just not good enough, and with Rodgers looking to improve the squad, seems an obvious one to sell and replace with a better squad player, funds depending

you aren't going to get someone better for that role in the squad, unless someone like Evans drops down the pecking order like Wes did, in which case that is a different discussion

Just now, Bayfox said:

Slating Dan. When Evans plays the out of play and kasper doesn't dive for the 1st and goes walk about for the 2nd.

Football is definitely a game of opinions 

I say again. How often does an experienced CB get taken off at half time due not to any injury (that we know of) or a formation change?

I guess that’s rare? And a little embarrassing?

I felt really positive about Dan working his way back from injury and becoming a reliable squad player.  However, unfortunately on more than one occasion he has come into the side and looked error prone. In fact, I think a lack of confidence in him has negatively affected the back line.

Overall, his time at Leicester has been marred by injury problems and a series of false starts. He has played some decent games, but I am of the opinion that for us he is not at the level needed to get a  run of games to build fitness and confidence. 

Unfortunately, as things stand he’s not at the required level to even be a squad player for us. It could’ve been different if he had better luck with injuries, but I think he needs to leave and improve his physical and mental capabilities to enjoy the remainder of his career. Trying ultimately be balanced about a player that I have always rooted for and I take no pleasure in suggesting it’s time for him to move on.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I say again. How often does an experienced CB get taken off at half time due not to any injury (that we know of) or a formation change?

I guess that’s rare? And a little embarrassing?

He's the weakest of the defensive line-up today so naturally he'd be the first to come off. Like he'll be the first to drop out when Soyuncu is back.

He is what he is, a back up player who is playing because two other defenders ahead of him are unavailable. If we'd played four at the back he wouldn't have played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

:dunno:

I know mate. I was just being sarcastic. He’s frustrating. I still remember playing Man U 16/17 and he was stood in the box without a care in the world and behind him (I think it was Pogba) a midfielder waltz in and scored. That inability to stay switched on can cost us. He does it too often to be classed as a mistake. You’re right, he’s been here long enough to sort it. 

However, he’s fourth choice. Given our fourth choice last year was Bennett, he isn’t the worst option in the world. If we had Amartey as our go to Cb, I’d be very worried and want us to upgrade. Are we really going to get someone better who will sit on the bench (at the best) if Fofana, Soy and Evans are fit ?

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What ? You don’t think he has concentration issues ? Watch the first half - two sloppy errors

And Ndidi..Who had sloppy moments in both halfs But what excuse do you have For him....!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

No excuse, team was poor today for 70 odd mins. Bad day at the office. Doesn’t mean you sell the lot!

Why not...if they all  go in  sloppy and Lack of concentration, then consistently start Too passive....then

make 'em walk the plank...over The Grand canyon..!!

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Why not...if they all  go in  sloppy and Lack of concentration, then consistently start Too passive....then

make 'em walk the plank...over The Grand canyon..!!

That makes no sense. It’s one game. Sticking Amartey and Ndidi (Jesus!) on the transfer list because of you make no sense. Seriously, what are you on about. We could win next week and they’ll be hero’s again. It’s one game, get a grip.!

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Really don't think he was that bad. Were either of the 2 goals conceded when he was on the pitch his fault? I get he's not great on the ball in general but I thought he actually made some good forward passes today. Tbh, I don't think Little Wes, out of position as a LCB, was great today, or Evans, who cost us the second goal trying to play a suicidal offside.

He gave it away in crucial areas constantly, not just today either. He also nearly put in Lingard. He’s a awful player tbh and shouldn’t be anywhere near our first 11.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Reading the replies on here today suggests to me again that FT can be a very bizarre place

Even after today there are posters suggesting Amartey is good enough or ‘could be’

And I get accused of not admitting it when I’m wrong

Meh...

Your not allowed on here to say anything negative even if it’s the truth. I agreed with you last week when you were getting pelters about Amarty and I’ve had similar opinions on Mendy that everyone knows about.

Some players are not good enough for a team going for the top 4 and Big Dan is clearly not good enough and very limited.

It would be interesting if Soyuncu was there today instead because I think 5 atb was the biggest flaw again as usual, regardless of if Big Dan was at fault or not.

• Like 1