Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

It’s gotten beyond a joke

One of our now experienced CB’s getting subbed at half time to bring on one of the kids just isn’t on. It’s unacceptable unless Amartey was injured? Was he injured?

And we didn’t even do it to change formation.

• Haha 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Christ, even after today the excuses are being rolled out..

spot on Col, it's absolutely ridiculous, seems there are a contingent itching for a pile on for those 3 players, for me again we set up defenseively, players out of position or shouldn't be playing at all byt most of allm, maddsion should have played, the results come first.

We have to get real on this.We have three high class centre backs , a fourth will not happen because they would demand playing time. Rodgers is loath to rotate his central defenders so the fourth would get very limited time. Champ.League or money does talk but top class players want to play football.

I feel for Amartey. He has only ever been average since he joined and had what feels like a couple of years out with injury. Had Benkovic done half of what we wanted Amartey would have been sold on to a Championship club or maybe lower table prem club. He has plenty of limitations and that's why we will continue to look for another centre back this summer. He shouldn't be the scapegoat BTW as he always gives us his best, but his best would not be good enough for a top 4 club whilst Cags, Fofana and Evans best would.

He must be out of contract this summer?

55 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Christ, even after today the excuses are being rolled out..

But he is fourth choice, admittedly the use of 3 at the back means he gets more game time than he should, but our failure to cope/anticipate that is hardly his fault is it?

What level of CB are your expecting we have as 4th choice?

Just now, murphy said:

In reality, Dan is 5th choice CB.  Justin would be ahead of him, at least in a back three.  Poor game today, but in general, squad players that are happy with their role and don't complain are valuable, especially when they can cover a few positions.

Good point, had overlooked JJ as a CB

• Like 1

this wasn't on Amartey, the second goal in particular was all Evans, tried to play offside when nearly on the half way line despite the fact he was about 2 yards behind the other 2 instead of dropping off and covering when he saw Fofana advance.

Rodgers didn't learn, West Ham did the same thing here as they did today, his obsession with a back 3 cost us, Fofana looks really uncomfortable on the left of he 3

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

It’s gotten beyond a joke

One of our now experienced CB’s getting subbed at half time to bring on one of the kids just isn’t on. It’s unacceptable unless Amartey was injured? Was he injured?

And we didn’t even do it to change formation.

Is this satire?

This was on Rodgers, the 3 at the back stinks with this personnel but not having Amartey at fault at all. 

A manager today that had full belief in his players would have gone 442 and at it from the off

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

this wasn't on Amartey, the second goal in particular was all Evans, tried to play offside when nearly on the half way line despite the fact he was about 2 yards behind the other 2 instead of dropping off and covering when he saw Fofana advance.

Rodgers didn't learn, West Ham did the same thing here as they did today, his obsession with a back 3 cost us, Fofana looks really uncomfortable on the left of he 3

I don’t apportion any blame on either goal directly to Amartey today

But Christ, how can a player who looks to be shitting himself every time he passes backwards ever be considered to be good enough for Leicester City? And being taken off after 45 mins tells its own story.

Im a City fan, not a Dan Amartey fan and I worry about our defence every time we are forced to play him.

I’m not alone.. just look back through the match thread today. I just point it out 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

This was on Rodgers, the 3 at the back stinks with this personnel but not having Amartey at fault at all. 

A manager today that had full belief in his players would have gone 442 and at it from the off

Absolutely. Too many square pegs in round holes to accommodate his 3 at the back.  And his whole approach is so timid. The players must be losing confidence in themselves and their teammates.  They are playing without self-belief or conviction. I've rarely seen Vardy so ineffective, and you know when you see the fed-up expression on his face that you're in trouble.  If Rodgers doesn't turn this mentality around I really am beginning to see a repeat of last season's demise. I hope not, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t apportion any blame on either goal directly to Amartey today

But Christ, how can a player who looks to be shitting himself every time he passes backwards ever be considered to be good enough for Leicester City? And being taken off after 45 mins tells its own story.

Im a City fan, not a Dan Amartey fan and I worry about our defence every time we are forced to play him.

I’m not alone.. just look back through the match thread today. I just point it out 

For the first 65 minutes every single one of them looked like they'd never seen a football before.

I think he has a lot of good defensive attributes. However, like all players, he has flaws. Unfortunately, for him, one of those is concentration. He has lapses in games which make him vulnerable. It happened twice today and it’s happen in the past. 2016/17 I think there were a few occasions. As a player, he needs to eradicate that flaw as his other skills could make him a very good defender. 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think he has a lot of good defensive attributes. However, like all players, he has flaws. Unfortunately, for him, one of those is concentration. He has lapses in games which make him vulnerable. It happened twice today and it’s happen in the past. 2016/17 I think there were a few occasions. As a player, he needs to eradicate that flaw as his other skills could make him a very good defender. 

For me, he’s a good defender but he can’t pass water. If you want to play the style Rodgers does, he’s not enough for it. Makes sense he plays against Man City and Liverpool where we have to battle away but when you are dominant with the ball, it’s going to hurt you 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Blimey there’s some nonsense being spouted on here today

He’s 26 and has been at the club over 5 years!

😆

Josh Knight or Benko are players who would sit on the bench for us but even Justin would not be happy doing that now. You get in another covering CB but would he be any better than them or Amartey. In truth John Stones has made ten times the crucial errors as Amartey.

Edited by An Sionnach