Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

Soyuncu has been class since his return.  For all of Fofana's ability, I think Soyuncu is currently the better of the two.

Right now, I agree as Caglar is fit. lol

Seriously, they are different,  Caglar is fierce, Wesley is potentially more refined, but delightful to have 2 such quality young CB’s

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes I agree, Because he has the greater physical strength But Fofana has time on his side.

Personally I'd like us to play one of them in midfield to offer a more physical presence in there.

Who would you have them displace?

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thing is with Dan is, it’s important realise that we cannot have a squad of first XI players. Dan is largely reliable, versatile, and seems happy enough to be more occasional in terms of playing time. Good lad.

This is absolutely right . The crazy thing this season is this is a description that fitted JJ at the start of the season . Since his injury though it feels like we’ve waved our season goodbye 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Dan is a very good player. He’s honest, strong, has reasonable technique and speed. People get on his back for no good reason. He rarely lets us down. 

Exactly, he comes in and does a good job... you need players who are happy to do that and can do it well 

18 minutes ago, 18to18 said:

Who would you have them displace?

It would depend on the opposition. At times I'd go 3 and 3 in midfield. Other times I'd replace Albrighton or Perez. 

I just think We'd stop teams getting into our box at all. And turn the game over quickly in our favor.

Were currently only stop teams in or on our box which is always risky. As demonstrated by Fabino's piece of class today.

Dan has never let us down and is a decent squad player. He can play several positions and we have players in all those positions that are better than him when they are all fit, but he is a handy squad player and will play an important role between now and the end of the season with the injuries we have. To go from a team huffing and puffing but not really going to be better than mid table under Puel, to being Injured for 2 years and returning to a team under Rodgers competing in 2 cup comps and being 2nd in the league will have been like transferring to a new club for him in some ways. He will know the quality of our squad has improved massively since before his injury but it's a testament to his hard work and attitude that Rodgers has given him a chance. Rodgers could have just got rid of him last summer but clearly saw a place for him in our squad. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Seriously, though - howlers!  His decision-making almost led to at least two Liverpool goals.  He is indeed a great squad player, and perfectly fine as a 4th best CM and 5th best fullback.  But he really shouldn't be starting games of this magnitude.  

He started because we're without JJ, Castagne and Fofana.

BR obviously wanted a strong, athletic defender in the back line so opted for him over the young Thomas and old Fuchs. he started because it was needs must and this is why we have a squad so the likes of Amartey can support the first XI when needed.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

All this love for Big Dan :wub:

Not surprised to see Col avoid my question after he played well.

I'm still wondering when he played right back along side two non natural centre backs. Maybe it was that time we stuck Maddison and Perez back there lol

Another low-key nice thing about Amartey is that he’s a title winner. Easy to forget that.

After this season there won’t be many of them left. Hope he sticks around.

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Should never be understated just how important squad players are in the grand scheme of things.

They may not play all the time, and when they do they may not be 10/10 performers or even 7/8. But at least you know they are dependable, reliable and will fill in professionally and give their all to the side when required. Amartey is the epitome of a squad player. Thought he was a bit slow and shaky at times but as the game continued, couldn't really fault him. Got up to the pace of the game and managed Mane quite well. 

What shouldn't be underestimated and great credit goes to Brendan is that when the fringe players come in, they never look out of place as they understand the system we're playing.

• Like 1

Just now, Clever Fox said:

What shouldn't be underestimated and great credit goes to Brendan is that when the fringe players come in, they never look out of place as they understand the system we're playing.

Clever management to ensure the fringe players are up to speed in training, you never know when they are going to be needed and it could be for a fair few games 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Clever management to ensure the fringe players are up to speed in training, you never know when they are going to be needed and it could be for a fair few games 

Yes very likely now at the rate we're picking up injuries. 2 per game now, let's hope we get a few back soon.