Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'll drop you a hint - he won't admit he got it wrong.

It is weird. Apparently I'm targeting him if I pick up on it. But he basically thought we played a back 3, then tried to cover it up by claiming he meant something else which also didn't make sense. If you realise you said something daft just hold your hands up, or run off and hide, don't double down by making an equally stupid comment. Then maybe people won't "target" him.

35 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It is weird. Apparently I'm targeting him if I pick up on it. But he basically thought we played a back 3, then tried to cover it up by claiming he meant something else which also didn't make sense. If you realise you said something daft just hold your hands up, or run off and hide, don't double down by making an equally stupid comment. Then maybe people won't "target" him.

You don't need to tell me fella :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

He always tries to find odd and desperate ways, to avoid praising Big Dan outright, if he plays well it’s always because of something else, not Big Dan as an individual.

4 hours and still no response, he’s probably attending to his Lee Cattermole and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas scrapbooks.

• Haha 1

Big Dan is solid against teams where we spend a long time defending. The haters will be back after the games where we have to break a low block, though. He won't offer enough going forward for the style we play.

It's remarkable how any realistic criticism of a performance gets you labeled as a hater and you should "get the ban".  Grow up.

No one is saying Amartey isn't a good squad player, or a nice depth option to have around.  No one is saying he eats babies or goes clubbing without a mask.  But if you actually watched what went on yesterday, it was pretty obvious that he shouldn't be starting as a RB if there are decent alternatives available (whether one thinks Thomas or Fuchs as a LB are is a matter of debate).  He was a bomb scare every time he was in possession, which directly led to at least two near-goals for Liverpud.  It was only because of how dire Albrighton was that he wasn't our worst player.  Not questioning his effort or his desire, or even his strength in the air.  But being realistic about the performance doesn't make you a hater.  And the fact that Liverpool imploded and gifted us three points doesn't mean that everyone who played for us was brilliant.

• Like 1

He's been with us for five years now and while he's probably never going to recreate that run from box to box in the Copenhagen YouTube video it is hard to want much more from a player of his squad status. Whenever he's called upon he's going to put his body on the line no questions asked. He'd probably look more than serviceable alongside Evans and either Soyuncu or Fofana on the right-side of a back three if he had a run of games. In the meantime he can fill in at RB and DM in a pinch especially in competitions of lesser priority. He's had a weird career especially with us. Barely played 50 games in the 5 years he's had here.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2021 at 03:36, Deeg67 said:

It's remarkable how any realistic criticism of a performance gets you labeled as a hater and you should "get the ban".  Grow up.

No one is saying Amartey isn't a good squad player, or a nice depth option to have around.  No one is saying he eats babies or goes clubbing without a mask.  But if you actually watched what went on yesterday, it was pretty obvious that he shouldn't be starting as a RB if there are decent alternatives available (whether one thinks Thomas or Fuchs as a LB are is a matter of debate).  He was a bomb scare every time he was in possession, which directly led to at least two near-goals for Liverpud.  It was only because of how dire Albrighton was that he wasn't our worst player.  Not questioning his effort or his desire, or even his strength in the air.  But being realistic about the performance doesn't make you a hater.  And the fact that Liverpool imploded and gifted us three points doesn't mean that everyone who played for us was brilliant.

Image result for amartey there is no need to be upset

On 14/02/2021 at 03:36, Deeg67 said:

without him beating the offside trap , allison would of had a very easy save to make

• Like 1