Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

Im a retail manager and what I cant get my head around are daft parents who let there kids stand on an £800 dining chair whilst they try to whack down a 5k Chandelier. Looking at the daft bints face as she smiled at her kid. If I was a 1930s copper I`d have clipped the little toe rag round the ear.

I was contemplating doing a Hamza sliding tackle and kicking the chair away but the store is huge and CCTV is everywhere!!

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

That people are expected to to have achieved certain milestones based or live a certain life based on their age. Like if a man in his late fourties wants to go backpacking around Asia instead of being married with kids then fair play to him. 

Societal "norms" are a bitch, yeah.

Blokes are "supposed" to be married with kids by a certain age, ladies are "supposed" to want kids at a certain age. Lay off the damn peer pressure and let people make their own choices so long as they're not hurting other people.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

That people are expected to to have achieved certain milestones based or live a certain life based on their age. Like if a man in his late fourties wants to go backpacking around Asia instead of being married with kids then fair play to him. 

Yup, it's a load of bull. Me and the missus have been together since I was 18, I'm 32 now. Every time we have a family gathering all you hear is "when are you going to get married and have kids reeeee". Who knows. Probably never. We're happy now. :mellow:

• Like 2

Why do we not have a bank holiday for St George's Day in this country?

I only know it was St George Day via Google main pic today. Us paddies have St Patricks Day off when in Ireland,  just give me a St George's Day bank holiday day off work dammit!!!

Edited by Nalis

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Why do we not have a bank holiday for St George's Day in this country?

I only know it was St George Day via Google main pic today. Us paddies have St Patricks Day off when in Ireland,  just give me a St George's Day bank holiday day off work dammit!!!

It's not English to care about such things. 

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Societal "norms" are a bitch, yeah.

Blokes are "supposed" to be married with kids by a certain age, ladies are "supposed" to want kids at a certain age. Lay off the damn peer pressure and let people make their own choices so long as they're not hurting other people.

I'm 26 soon to be 27 and I find myself panicking about soon being 'too old' to do things that I want to do. I really want to go on a long trip and I find myself being like 'but is 30 too old to be staying in hostels around South America? Should ha e done it when I was 20' 1) like 30 is old at all, when it really isn't 2) what does it matter anyway? Why let people's opinions stop me from doing what I want to do? It's mad how much you can worry about something so little. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm 26 soon to be 27 and I find myself panicking about soon being 'too old' to do things that I want to do. I really want to go on a long trip and I find myself being like 'but is 30 too old to be staying in hostels around South America? Should ha e done it when I was 20' 1) like 30 is old at all, when it really isn't 2) what does it matter anyway? Why let people's opinions stop me from doing what I want to do? It's mad how much you can worry about something so little. 

Go with your better, anti-conformist judgment! :thumbup:

It's your life and your choice what to do with it (so long as you don't choose to be a mass murderer or something). Once it's over, we're a long time dead. 

I went wandering around South America at 28, went back to uni at 30, got married at 39, became a Dad at 42 & went to the World Cup, music festivals & on cheap trips around Europe in my 40s & 50s.

I'm pleased that I did that rather following someone else's expectations. I'm 58 now and may have less wealth than some but fully intend to go wandering around at least the USA and South America again in the next few years.  

As The Rods advised us all in 1977..... "Do anything you wanna do". :D

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

You sound similar to me tbf. I used to look around at people I used to go to school with and think "oh, they've got xxx and I haven't, why!" but it doesn't bother me anymore. I just try and do things I enjoy without worrying and let other things fall into place. 

Our age range is so pressured because of expectations from society.

3 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Yup, it's a load of bull. Me and the missus have been together since I was 18, I'm 32 now. Every time we have a family gathering all you hear is "when are you going to get married and have kids reeeee". Who knows. Probably never. We're happy now. :mellow:

That's great if you don't want those things, just don't put off kids thinking you can do it when you are 40, chances are high that you can't.  Biology rules OK.

15 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I am thinking I should have had my own Gin brand by 34. WTF was I doing with my time?  

A quick look at the Fuchs site suggests that what you were doing with your time was necking Christian's potato vodka.....

2 reviews for NoFuchsGiven Potato Vodka / Batch#1

1. 85847bbbe6c938ad2ad43f37c98700b2?s=80&d=
    Rated 5 out of 5

Jon 

Cannot wait to have it in my hands!

2. c00b327beb161acf69a9892aff49001a?s=80&d=
    Rated 4 out of 5

Roman Gasser 

Sehr gut 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

You will only ever regret not going, simple as that.

You are NEVER too old to travel, age is a number and it means nothing. 

I have travelled extensively from my early 20's to now in my mid 30's. I appreciate everything I see much more now than I did in my 20's. You just understand things better.

Live your own life

Like I went to Thailand for three weeks in 2018 and loved it. The only regret I had is not being out for longer. In those three weeks I met a fair few people who were much older than me so I know I'm worrying about nothing. It's also worth mentioning that most people that go backpacking seem to be very non-judgemental anyway. 

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Like I went to Thailand for three weeks in 2018 and loved it. The only regret I had is not being out for longer. In those three weeks I met a fair few people who were much older than me so I know I'm worrying about nothing. It's also worth mentioning that most people that go backpacking seem to be very non-judgemental anyway. 

I've been in hostels with 60 year olds :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

A quick look at the Fuchs site suggests that what you were doing with your time was necking Christian's potato vodka.....

2 reviews for NoFuchsGiven Potato Vodka / Batch#1

1. 85847bbbe6c938ad2ad43f37c98700b2?s=80&d=
    Rated 5 out of 5

Jon 

Cannot wait to have it in my hands!

2. c00b327beb161acf69a9892aff49001a?s=80&d=
    Rated 4 out of 5

Roman Gasser 

Sehr gut 

Alf, you have too much time on your hands if you're researching Jon the Hat's posts about gin :D

58 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Alf, you have too much time on your hands if you're researching Jon the Hat's posts about gin :D

Actually, less time on my hands recently than for months - work suddenly got busy.

I just need these little FT diversions to break up the work tedium! :D 

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

That was 'Eddie and the Hot Rods' ;)

Yes and No. They were known as Eddie and the Hot Rods for almost their entire career of 45+ years.....but were known as The Rods for that single. ;) ;)

Wikipedia: "Their biggest hit came with the Douglas/Hollis collaboration "Do Anything You Wanna Do" in the summer of 1977, under their shorter, snappier name, The Rods". 

An all-time classic, anyway.

image.jpeg.37bd729801a3e7c22ca5e405d9daccc4.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yes and No. They were known as Eddie and the Hot Rods for almost their entire career of 45+ years.....but were known as The Rods for that single. ;) ;)

Wikipedia: "Their biggest hit came with the Douglas/Hollis collaboration "Do Anything You Wanna Do" in the summer of 1977, under their shorter, snappier name, The Rods". 

An all-time classic, anyway.

image.jpeg.37bd729801a3e7c22ca5e405d9daccc4.jpeg

No one like a smart arse, apologies - I stand duly corrected. I think there was also subsequently an American metal band called 'The Rods'. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

No one like a smart arse, apologies - I stand duly corrected. I think there was also subsequently an American metal band called 'The Rods'. 

No problem. Gave me an opportunity to be an even bigger smart arse! :D

I was too young to see them in their heyday but that song came out when I was a messed-up 15-year-old and had a massive impact on me.

I saw them (as Eddie & the Hot Rods) about 3-4 times in the last 20 years, though only Barrie Masters, the singer, was from the original band. 

Sadly, he died suddenly about 18 months ago, though the band plan to continue, it seems.

Yes, I remember hearing about another band named The Rods, as you say - US heavy metal/rock, I think, but never heard anything by them.