Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

The Himalayas were once at the bottom of the ocean.

Mindblowing.

The British Isles were part of the European land mass until various tectonic plate geological movements separated them by water over millions of years. To think that without that, the Germans could have marched to invade England.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Not sure about 0% alchohol beer but I adore shandy. 

Not out of a can or bottle I hope. Absolute piss. You need a decent pale ale and a quality low sugar lemonade. Home made is much better.

Edited by Parafox

25 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Not out of a can or bottle I hope. Absolute piss. You need a decent pale ale and a quality low sugar lemonade. Home made is much better.

No, I like it from a tap. Pale ale is good but do quite like it with lager. 

10 minutes ago, FLAN said:

How Boris Johnson was considered the best option to be prime minister. Both by his own party and the general public 

Wouldn't be surprised if his Father persuaded certain government officials to give him the opportunity for it..

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Wouldn't be surprised if his Father persuaded certain government officials to give him the opportunity for it..

lol 

I don’t like the bloke but that’s just obviously not the case. After May had achieved very little regarding leaving the EU a more forceful personality was needed. He was the obvious choice for the Tories.

2 hours ago, FLAN said:

How Boris Johnson was considered the best option to be prime minister. Both by his own party and the general public 

Because a large portion of the British public are obsequious forelock-tuggers who, for reasons I'll never understand, give servile deference to anyone perceived as being 'upper class'.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

lol 

I don’t like the bloke but that’s just obviously not the case. After May had achieved very little regarding leaving the EU a more forceful personality was needed. He was the obvious choice for the Tories.

You may laugh, and you do have a point with your post after the emoji, but my thought may well be valid in that Stanley had a small part in it.

Why so many people enjoy to watch/listen to things that they know will make them angry. 

There was a survey done a while ago that revealed that the majority of listeners to a particular radio show listened because they hated the presenter/show. I don't know if it's a throwback to the Godfather in keeping your friends close and enemies closer or what, but it boggles me. 

• Like 1

On 28/01/2021 at 19:36, Parafox said:

The British Isles were part of the European land mass until various tectonic plate geological movements separated them by water over millions of years. To think that without that, the Germans could have marched to invade England.

The whole world was once all connected at one point.

On 28/01/2021 at 19:36, Parafox said:

Captain Mainwaring and his boys, would've seen them off.  No sweat!

But to add to this, the idea of millions or billions of years, rather than thousands.

"Modern" humanity has existed for roughly 2000 human lifetimes, but complex life on Earth has existed for roughly 8 million human lifetimes, and life itself on Earth for around 60 million. And we are (comparatively) a long-lived species.

That's what I don't get about arguments against evolution that say changes can't happen because the chances of adaptive mutation during cell division are so small - well yeah, they are, but when you have countless, countless millions of those chances being spun over a time period like that of life on Earth, the odds of such things occurring become less fanciful and more...well, highly probable. It shows a lack of grasp of the true amount of time it has taken life to get to this stage, I think.