Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

1 minute ago, The Blur said:

Sadly bleach can do nothing about your social status as I suspect that your mates have disowned you by now.  

It was skirted over but I can only assume they’re just planning to bin me off at the first opportunity they get now though. 

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Me logging into this forum every day and seeing at least one person, probably a grown man, Weller54 incessantly refer to Tottenham as "Spuds". 

Fvck me.

Fixed.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

For some reason the Yanited and Manure references annoy me even though I dislike that team

Agreed. What's the point? Like "Spuds". So what? It's a childish, poor attempt to be derogatory to a rival club but actually, who cares?

We get called Leicester Shitty. Couldn't care less, personally.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Parafox said:

Agreed. What's the point? Like "Spuds". So what? It's a childish, poor attempt to be derogatory to a rival club but actually, who cares?

We get called Leicester Shitty. Couldn't care less, personally.

At least we don’t get called Florist..

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Pandering to modern day sensibilities.

The latest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56153016

Also I watched a 1950s episode of Robin Hood the other day, a children's programme, yet they advised parental guidence at the start. Too many swords and arrows I guess. :dunno:

Not sure what's strange about content warnings tbh.

It's not like they take up more than ten seconds of a piece and they can simply be ignored if desired.

1 hour ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

I was just refused service in morrisons for 1 small box of fvcking paracetamol..... didn't have id with me but I'm 28 ffs. If i was trying to buy a bottle of vodka fair enough but seriously, paracetamol?

I self-scanned Bailey's chocolates at Asda a couple of years ago and it flashed up saying Age Approval needed. 

I'd die of Diabetes before I get pissed from them lol Even the assistant laughed it off

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

I was just refused service in morrisons for 1 small box of fvcking paracetamol..... didn't have id with me but I'm 28 ffs. If i was trying to buy a bottle of vodka fair enough but seriously, paracetamol?

Surely at 28, you're too young to be shopping in Morrisons, or the supermarket of the living dead, as I like to call it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Surely at 28, you're too young to be shopping in Morrisons, or the supermarket of the living dead, as I like to call it.

Morrison’s is without doubt the best Supermarket chain in the UK for quality of their own products for me. Not price though it’s more expensive than ASDA and Tesco. 

I realise you haven’t said otherwise - just throwing my 2 Penneth in lol 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Not sure what's strange about content warnings tbh.

It's not like they take up more than ten seconds of a piece and they can simply be ignored if desired.

Pretty sure we didn't have constant "Don't Try This At Home" warnings on TV when I was a kid.

Maybe people weren't as dumb back then who knows.

26 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Pretty sure we didn't have constant "Don't Try This At Home" warnings on TV when I was a kid.

I'm sure people were equally as dumb then as they are now, it may be that the world didn't get to hear about it as much, though.

And on topic, I can't get my head around the kind of Social Darwinism that would encourage deregulation and people "finding out for themselves" and so see people experience trauma or even death because they're not strong or smart enough to meet some arbitrary standard.

3 hours ago, Manini said:

Morrison’s is without doubt the best Supermarket chain in the UK for quality of their own products for me. Not price though it’s more expensive than ASDA and Tesco. 

I realise you haven’t said otherwise - just throwing my 2 Penneth in lol 

You're probably correct. Just that I won't shop there unless it's a last resort, particularly with the current virus situation. There's just far too many doddery, elderly people that shop at our local Morrison's and they hardly seem to understand the concept of social distancing. Plus they stand around studying the use by dates on everything. So frustrating.

Edited by Parafox

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think we used to get a warning at the end of Captain Scarlet & The Mysterons.

"Don't emulate Captain Scarlet.   Remember that he is indestructible.  You are not".

Or something along those lines ...

• Haha 1