Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

On 28/01/2021 at 18:23, whoareyaaa said:

beer with 0% alcohol whats the point have a orange juice

My wife bought me some non alcoholic san miguel and yes, it tastes nothing like san miguel but it still tastes like lager, albeit a cheap brand from asda.

I think its the way foward for me. Ideally i'd have a few beers after work every day but thats not practical or healthy so maybe i can fool myself?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

My wife bought me some non alcoholic san miguel and yes, it tastes nothing like san miguel but it still tastes like lager, albeit a cheap brand from asda.

I think its the way foward for me. Ideally i'd have a few beers after work every day but thats not practical or healthy so maybe i can fool myself?

fair enough if you like the taste I drink beer to get pissed which is not very often never thought its tasted nice tbh each to there own though and yes it would be more healthy for you i guess

4 hours ago, Royston. said:

None of them taste like the brand they’re meant to be, but they’re all palatable and taste like lager yeah. I like the taste of beer so I keep a few 0%’s handy in the fridge for when I don’t want a drink but I want a drink, if that makes sense? The Heineken ones are the nicest and the Stella ones are okay too. Good for the waistline too because i only have to sniff a regular beer and I’ve put half a stone on with my metabolism. 

On 29/01/2021 at 09:51, Buce said:

Because a large portion of the British public are obsequious forelock-tuggers who, for reasons I'll never understand, give servile deference to anyone perceived as being 'upper class'.

And let's not forget he's a funny chap.  And not afraid to court the lowest of the low with dogwhistles that the tory fanboys, the same people who are super keen to the slightest whiff of antisemitism in the labour ranks, will bend over backwards to ignore or explain away (remember the letterbox comment?).

But most importantly he's completely detached himself entirely from having a consistent moral baseline which allows him to say literally say any fvcking thing with absolute conviction depending on how the wind's blowing.  And the stupid masses love it.

I'm not bitter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

How dangerous stuff used to be relatively recently that is now completely benign. Crossing the Atlantic for example. Boats used to just sink and the majority of people on them died. 

Also the fact that Insomnia by Faithless was released 25 years ago. 

Was it really?? That makes me feel really old... 

28 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

He also says "I rise like yeast", but he doesn't say anything about activating the yeast first which is troublesome and makes me think he doesn't really do much home baking.

He also talks about going to the refrigerator and finding ‘one dry potato’ 

I wouldn’t recommend putting potatoes in the fridge myself, as this can cause the starch to turn into sugar making them taste sweeter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I wouldn’t recommend putting potatoes in the fridge myself, as this can cause the starch to turn into sugar making them taste sweeter.

I'm not sure this guy should be trusted with food products.  Potatoes in a fridge I tell you... 

54 minutes ago, Izzy said:

45 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm not sure this guy should be trusted with food products.  Potatoes in a fridge I tell you... 

It's actually ok because he has no electricity, so the fridge is nothing more than an expensive cupboard.

To be honest though, I wouldn't trust the food hygeine of someone who removes underwear with his teeth.

3 hours ago, Buce said:

I wonder what evolutionary advantage chilli peppers get from being so hot?

I mean, fruits evolved to be attractive to animals so they eat and disperse the seeds.

It's a good defence against mammals and pests because we're the only species nutty enough to take it as a challenge.  Meanwhile birds have no capsaicin receptors so they're free to eat the peppers and disperse their seeds elsewhere unharmed.  So basically it protects individual plants and increases the likelihood of them being spread over a wide area.  I'm sure that's an over simplification and there's more to it but I think that's the gist of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 30/01/2021 at 14:59, whoareyaaa said:

fair enough if you like the taste I drink beer to get pissed which is not very often never thought its tasted nice tbh each to there own though and yes it would be more healthy for you i guess

I have never drank beer to get pssed...takes too long...:celebrate:

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Me logging into this forum every day and seeing at least one person, probably a grown man, refer to Tottenham as "Spuds". 

Fvck me.

I referred to them as Spuds on a group chat with my mates the other day subconsciously (I think this must be some form of Stockholm syndrome equivalent) and I’ve soaked my hands in bleach since as penance and a reminder to never do it again. 

Edited by Manini
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Manini said:

I referred to them as Spuds on a group chat with my mates the other day subconsciously (I think this must be some form of Stockholm syndrome equivalent) and I’ve soaked my hands in bleach since as penance and a reminder to never do it again. 

Sadly bleach can do nothing about your social status as I suspect that your mates have disowned you by now.