Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

10 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I have a vague recollection of a similar thread but can't find it.

Looking at the sky tonight, I just cannot get my head around the fact it's not a sheet of plastic with some fairly lights in and is in fact just open space. Also that what you're seeing actually happened many years ago and may not still exist. I don't think I will ever fully comprehend it.

So what other things can people not get their head around?

I’m with you, I can’t comprehend space. The fact that you could, theoretically, fly off in to the sky and just keep going infinitely absolutely baffles me. 

Edited by Manini

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’m with you, I can’t comprehend space. The fact that you could, theoretically, fly off in to the sky and just keep going infinitely absolutely baffles me. 

It’s like trying to fly off the map on GTA 

Just now, Stadt said:

It’s like trying to fly off the map on GTA 

Don’t think I ever tried that, I sailed out to sea as far as you could go but I think until GTA5 you just sort of hit a force field and it kept forcing you back. 

Another thing for me is, what happens when blind people dream? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

Not existing. I was walking round a church in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago and came across a brass memorial to a couple who had died in 1497, and thought about how they died two decades before the reformation, before the enlightenment, the industrial revolution, world wars, everything that has made our modern world. There are billions of things that will happen we will never know about. 

Completely agree. Fell down this rabbit hole when researching my family tree. 

23 minutes ago, bovril said:

Not existing. I was walking round a church in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago and came across a brass memorial to a couple who had died in 1497, and thought about how they died two decades before the reformation, before the enlightenment, the industrial revolution, world wars, everything that has made our modern world. There are billions of things that will happen we will never know about. 

We will never get to see Dimi Gray reach his potential, sad times.