Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

Due to streaming issues, I  watched the second half of Saturdays match in French. The commentator mentioned both James Maddison and Harvey Barnes by name, presumably because they weren't available. It occurred to me then that our players are world famous, probably bigger than a lot of pop stars.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Due to streaming issues, I  watched the second half of Saturdays match in French. The commentator mentioned both James Maddison and Harvey Barnes by name, presumably because they weren't available. It occurred to me then that our players are world famous, probably bigger than a lot of pop stars.

For ages after he left, I would hear Maguire's name mentioned loads listening to foreign commentary streams.

I was tempted to learn Arabic just so I knew what the hell they were on about

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

He should have more or less? :dunno:

I thought he was on around 30 or so goals at a rate of five per season- felt as he has been around for six seasons.  Fair play to the bloke although.  

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I thought he was on around 30 or so goals at a rate of five per season- felt as he has been around for six seasons.  Fair play to the bloke although.  

I feel as though he's been in the Premier League about 15 years.

7 hours ago, Sampson said:

I feel as though he's been in the Premier League about 15 years.

Had a look at the stats, he made his debut in 2011 so he has been around for a while indeed!

The goal rate is 0.20 per match which is not shabby considering his underwhelming spell with Spurs and he rarely starts for Everton now.  

Edited by The Blur

On 08/03/2021 at 17:43, Webbo said:

They could have just been listing our injuries picked up recently? 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

They could have just been listing our injuries picked up recently? 

The fact that French football fans know who our players are, even when they're not playing was my point. 

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Why the appearance of political polls in a politics thread would somehow produce an extreme response  :dunno: 

To be honest, given the election is years away, I don't quite see the point of these regular updates.

• Like 2

On 08/03/2021 at 18:43, Webbo said:

Only in football..probably mostly only in Europe..so "World"......Hmmm !

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Only in football..probably mostly only in Europe..so "World"......Hmmm !

They speak French in North Africa, so I'd assume they get that commentary there. I've watched the match on African and Arab channels, American, Australian. On Saturday I saw the match on a Hong Kong channel. For football fans, it's pretty worldwide.

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

They speak French in North Africa, so I'd assume they get that commentary there. I've watched the match on African and Arab channels, American, Australian. On Saturday I saw the match on a Hong Kong channel. For football fans, it's pretty worldwide.

But probably more people, dont follow football, than that do..!!

Though  those that do usually try to remember the English players names...or English Rock-bands..!!

where the English Love the Foreign names...except Sky pundits..:giggle:

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

everyone knows Jamie Vardy, many people I know who are not football fans will know who Vardy is and every time I wear anything with the Leicester badge on some one will chat to me about Vardy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How the senior hierarchy of six English football clubs and six others(and thus possessed, hopefully, of some business acumen) could be convinced that joining a breakaway league would be anything other than harmful for themselves and their clubs in the short and long term.

How many people instantly believe flat-out lies in the wake of a football tragedy, because it sounds like a bit of justice.

Ronaldinho and Riquelme signing for Chapacoense, Davide Astori's wife being given his contract's pay for the rest of her life and now it's been quashed but there were loads immediately believing Mourinho kicked off about the Super League at Levy. 

Misinformation spreads like wildfire on Twitter. 

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

How many people instantly believe flat-out lies in the wake of a football tragedy, because it sounds like a bit of justice.

Ronaldinho and Riquelme signing for Chapacoense, Davide Astori's wife being given his contract's pay for the rest of her life and now it's been quashed but there were loads immediately believing Mourinho kicked off about the Super League at Levy. 

Misinformation spreads like wildfire on Twitter. 

You could just leave it at that tbh.

The average temperature of the Earth is increasing alarmingly with potentially dire conseqences and such lies are largely what is to blame for it.

On 19/04/2021 at 11:44, bovril said:

Motd graphics. Do we need to highlight the player with the ball or use arrows to show which direction he's running in. Do we need numbers to pop up on the screen to show that a player has made 3 mistakes? 

Going by the match day threads on here, then the answer is a resounding yes. 

• Haha 1