Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Jonathan Tah

46 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Looks like we tried to see if we could get some of the players slightly lower down the shortlist done for cheaper but couldn’t really do it so just went all in for the number target Fofana. 

Or both? 

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I dont. That reply wasn't to suggest something but, yes we could quite easily want both. 

Think we do need both, if playing 3 regularly we have: Evans, soyuncu, Morgan, amartey, Fuchs and Benkovic at the minute. Morgan Fuchs not getting younger picking up knocks, Benkovic always injured, amartey only returned from 2 year injury a week ago. Leaves us only soyuncu and Evans who regularly available! 2 in for me makes sense. One permanent one loan with view to permanent in the summer!

I am surprised that offer was rejected. I suspect it probably take another few million Euros in the obligation to buy offer to convince Bayer Leverkusen to loan us to him.

But now that the Wesley Fofana deal seems to have had a breakthrough today, that may put paid to the Jonathan Tah pursuit.

With Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic, Amartey, Morgan and soon-to-be Fofana, that is more than enough CB cover when all are fit and able.